[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like the final third of this game is kind of a tedious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I feel like the final third of this game is kind of a tedious slog. All of my resources were depleted by that point, I had practically 0 ammo, and the game is constantly throwing it toughest enemies at you. It's not a fun level of challenging, in fact I usually felt compelled to just run away from enemies and felt frustrated that I had toxin poisoning for the last hour and the game still hadn't given me a single toxin hypo.

Is this normally how the final part of this game plays out, or did I fuck up somewhere along the line?
>>
>wasting ammo on normal hybrids
>>
>>381363389
Yes.
>>
Well at least you made it there, OP. From what I can recall, on my first playthrough, I'll have had plenty of reserves to spare from using the REP machines for ammunition and health. Mostly from the fourth deck I think. (or idk which deck, the one where the crew members resided and the satellite dish). On other runs I'd be a psi-enhanced demi-god. Two or three amps to my agility, etc. would make me kill the enemies in 1-2 hits all the while running at the speed of light.
You made best with what your opposition was. You're tactical and adaptive. So good job.
>>
>>381363947

I played a psi run and my character felt limp and weak with the passive buffs compensating for the abilities that I would have had if I had just roled that character instead. The offensive abilities suck and eat up a lot of psi with almost no viable offense against robots and the entry cost for higher tier psi's are absurd. I was playing on impossible, but I remember my psi-less run being more powerful and not needing it really ever.
>>
>>381363389
This should be balanced by the fact that you've become quite overpowered by the final third of the game (you'll probably have the assault rifle, the EMP rifle, high stats/tech, and possibly the more overpowered psi disciplines). Some enemies drop toxin hypos, and you can buy them in replicators, particularly in the Bridge deck. Your complaint about ammo is valid, however, it is far too expensive in replicators. Secmod, which otherwise makes the game harder on the high difficulties, still reduces the nanite cost for ammo throughout.

The final third of the game is pretty disappointing, though. The Rickenbacker doesn't hold up compared to the Von Braun, even if it isn't awful. I actually like the Body of the Many, but the final sequence is extremely dull and was clearly rushed. They were clearly running out of time.
>>
>>381363389

Get the no respawn mod. It's fun as fuck because it's like you're cleaning up the ship level by level.
>>
>>381363389
I had the exact same problem on my first run as well, trying a PSI build now and going to see how hard the end section is to compare.
>>
>>381364409
Impossible? YOU MAD MAN. But yes, I agree, psi was a pain-in-the-ass to manage. I used the energy rapier, so maybe melee was easier. In any case, psi is shadowed by the efficiency of a hacker-soldier with a nice good rifle.
>>
>>381365154
>>381365226

What was funny though is that even though I found the psi abilities mostly useless, the most useful abilities were by far the the item and nanite replicator. Basically just playing troll economics, but didn't really make me feel like a badass sci-fi wizard.
>>
>>381365629
Hah. I never used those specific abilities. I'd say the psi-abilities were a bit malnourished. I guess you could play "troll economics" in a similar way by hacking the stores, but it would be less effective.
>>
The game went to shit the moment they started spamming rumblers.
>>
>>381365629
Majority of the PSI skills are just useless like the kinetic redirection, such a shame that the game wasn't more creative with the abilities.
>>
>>381365957

No it literally let you replicate any items you had on using nanites as a cost. So instead of having to worry about vending machines having the right ammo or running out of ammo at the wrong time you can now replicate ammo and even hypos any time anywhere. The other ability lets you turn stuff you don't want into nanites. Rinse and repeat, it was broken as fuck.
>>
>>381364860
Man, why would you want this? SS2 is survival horror, not standard FPS. Respawning enemies add tension to exploration and inventory/resource management.
>>
>>381366232
That's pretty nice. Got a whole infinite inventory to back you up before a situation. Though I assume, at least your PSI had to run out eventually.
>>
>>381363389
They ran out of development time towards the end, so the game starts falling apart after you reach the Rickenbacker.
>>
By the way, you'll get the best experience out of System Shock 2 if you don't save scum. Only save when you need to quit the game or to thwart save corruption.

This way, you must rely on the Quantum Bio Reconstruction units (and the auto-save between bulkheads), which are essentially like bonfires from Dark Souls. Makes the game much scarier.
>>
Invisibility solves all your problems. The moment you get invisibility psi builds should just skip most encounters. It's just more economical!
>>
Yes SS2 is overrated crap
>>
>>381367818
And Prey is underrated goodness.
>>
>>381367818
Both system shock games aged poorly.
>>
>>381367818
Seinfeld syndrome.

When a good and unique game gets made it tends to become the industry standard and thus "generic and bland" which causes it to "age badly".

Gears of war 1 was absolutely revolutionary. Chest high wall shooters didn't exist yet and the "everything color-less grey with motion blur" was never done before as a stylistic choice.

Of course nowadays gears of war is the most generic piece of shit game due to it becoming the industry standard.

I suspect the souls series will undergo the same evolution. It will seem like generic pieces of shit in 10 years due to them having inspired so many games in the future that it became industry standard.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.