[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes this so much better than GTA 5? Is it the fact that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6227.jpg (85KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6227.jpg
85KB, 256x320px
What makes this so much better than GTA 5? Is it the fact that it does everything GTA 5 did but better?
>>
>>381362351
>le slav nostalgia meme
nothing
>>
They both have things that are better than the other.
>>
oh look another iv nostalgia babby. Enjoy the worst missions in the series kid.
>>
>>381362351
It's much comfier and the world isn't one big ironic joke smothered in your face until you drown in it. It also has better gameplay and multiplayer that isn't cancer.
>>
>>381362351
Story is better in iv
Everything else is better in v
>>
>>381362818
>Better gameplay
Wrong
>>
>>381362689
Like what? The only thing I can assume 5 did better than 4 is the driving
>>
>>381362887
Firefights in IV are so much fun, you really get to see enemies fall down from the impact of your bullets. There's also a lot more weight to the animations so it feels more satisfying. Guns in GTA V feel like lasers and the sounds are garbage.
>>
>>381362771
Funny you should say that; IV has what is probably the best mission in the series in terms of straight gameplay choice and freedom.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Lure_(GTA_IV)

>There are a number of different ways to kill the man.
Sniping him from the opposite building:
>Shoot the cable dish
By shooting the cable dish right outside his window, he'll get close to the malfunctioning TV and on Niko's sight. Don't take long or he'll sit down again out of sight.
>Calling his number
From the opposite building, see through the sniper rifle's lens his house phone number (is 5455550122) and call him. He'll answer the phone confusing the player with somebody named "Shaniqua". This is a chance to shoot him as he's on sight.
>Shooting his windows
From the opposite building, try shooting any of the glasses from the windows. This will cause him to poke his head out to see what's happening. There's a chance to snipe him.
>Shooting the TV set
From the roof across the target's building, snipe the TV screen. This will also cause him to see outside his window. Snipe him as he does so.
>Shoot him from the fire escape outside his apartment
It is possible to shoot him from above the fire escape of his building, but don't get too close or he'll flee.

Luring him out from his safehouse
If the player wants to attempt to eliminate the target by making him leave his apartment, there's some options available.
>Dialing the number three times or causing three of disturbances
As listed above, without shooting him will cause the target to flee the apartment.
>Throwing a grenade to the window
The explosion, unfortunately, won't dispose the target but cause him to flee.
>Getting too close to his window
If the player approaches the window by the fire escape and gets too close, he'll attempt to leave.

Getting him out of the safehouse will make him run to his Dukes parked outside. Destroying it before he gets in makes him run to an alley, where he'll shoot at you if you pursue.
>>
>>381363191
GTA IV just has better physics in every way
>>
BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM BADDER DAN DEM
>>
>it does everything GTA 5 did but better

such as?
>>
Nothing, everyone thought it sucked ass compard to SA and you just have nostalgia cause you were probably underage b& when it came out
>>
>>381362818
multiplayer missions and shit like cops v robbers was genuinely fun to do.
Instead now we armored karuma faggot paradise, invincibility dlc, saint row 4 fantasymobiles and scriptkiddie hell
>>
>>381364602
>everyone
get out of here you sjw
>>
>>381362351
>empty world
>ugly character design
>bad driving
>bad shooting
>unlikable characters
>terrible saving point placement
>horrible pc port

I hated every minute of playing that game.
>>
>>381364167
I feel like IV is the only game that makes the "destroy the targets car before he gets to it" tactic viable.
>>
>>381362351
IV has the worst driving and shitty shooting. Coupled with no mid-mission checkpoints it make some IVs missions an unbelievable chore. I just can't bring myself to playing GTA IV anymore with every car accelerating like a boat on land. The feeling of the story and city was great but didn't fit GTA in my opinion. V hit the realistic sillyness that is core of GTA.
>>
>>381365920
It's really inconsistent in IV. In some missions you're able to kill targets early, but in others you can't.

It's an improvement from SA where you couldn't kill targets in advance at all, but it's not on the level of VC, which gave you total freedom in that regard.
>>
>>381366262
Eh, I honestly liked the driving and the fact that some cars felt vastly different than others, in a Manana it felt like you were driving a barge and it made sense considering it's a lowrider, while the Blista Compact felt comparatively nimble and agile and you could actually do controllable Scandinavian flicks with it and the Futo and the Feltzer, and cars like the Oracle were kinda in the middle. I also really felt the difference when I drove a supercar like the Infernus, and I liked that supercars were actually rare and valuable this time around. The big thing I hated was the horrible motion blur once you go past a certain speed; it made the whole city become some shitty and grotesque amalgamation of colors.

I never struggled with the shooting either; I played on console first and had like an 85% headshot rate versus 90% usage of free aim, and I liked the AI responsiveness to your shots. I died 4 times I think. As for the city, I liked how the story was mostly serious with touches of humor and how the city itself (radio stations, TV shows, Easter eggs, some of the strangers, the Internet, the physics) had a lot of silly stuff to explore. There was a general lack of silly missions though, I would have loved an ice cream truck side mission. Personally I thought V was too silly and the silliness of the older GTAs felt forced at quite a few points and the tone suffered, though those moments were fun.
>>
>>381365772
Are you saying that Little Jacob was unlikable, he was one of the best characters
>>
Something about the multiplayer in GTA 4 was definitely better, I think it was because people were constantly trying to control a location like star junction or most of the time the airport. People don't flock to the airport like they used to and honestly it was good for the multiplayer in gta 4. I remember when gta 4 was a new game I stayed home from school one day and I played with a lobby of mostly black folks and we had a good tim e cracking jokes and carrying on and it was an experience I think I could only have in gta 4.
>>
>>381364167
the one where you call him and you snipe as he gets up to answer the phone is such an iconic moment
>>
>>381363010
The map, and inclusion of color.
>>
I'd much rather play as one character that can't dress well than 3 generic ones
>>
It's gritty and unforgiving. Wrestling with some shitty sedan through the city streets can be tense as fuck, if you make a mistake 2 tons of metal doesn't stop easily and you get thrown out like a ragdoll.
>>
>>381369069
>the map
I liked the atmosphere of the countryside, but the way the map was utilised was terrible. Many of the areas serve no purpose.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.