[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a "THE MIST" game work? What mechanics w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: The-Mist.jpg (200KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The-Mist.jpg
200KB, 1280x1024px
How would a "THE MIST" game work? What mechanics would come into play? and what monsters would you have ingame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDTev-THSM
>>
Probably a shooter like Legendary or something, or an over-ambitious shitty survival horror.
>>
Dead Rising already did it
>>
It'd have to be some boring trash like a telltale game because the whole point of that movie is how people turn on each other when they are locked up in one place for so long.

It could only be a lame as hell story qte game.
>>
>>381359925

it's called turok
>>
A Multiplayer Game where survival is key. You start locked in a house and have to either choose to try and wait out the Mist and be rescued by the military or escape yourself. Each new session is randomly generated so you won't ever know if hunkering down or trying to run is better but the longer the game goes on, the more dangerous the monsters get and worse one start appearing. Also, there's an AoE where the more distance between all players the more aggressive and prevalent monsters get so it ends up more beneficial just to kill people who don't agree with what the group wants to do, which can cause Players to prioritize hunting down each other, because whenever a Player dies the enemy AI will be pacified and docile for a good amount of time.
>>
>>381359925
That both Half Life and Silent Hill could take inspiration from it shows it's better to look to other media for ideas and do a twist on them than try adapting an already existing property into a game.
>>
I actually just finished reading the novella last night and man what a great story. Makes me wish there was more, but I can respect the ending too. The movie's ending is actually waaay more depressing than the novellas and King even said he prefers that ending.

I'm trying to find more books like the mist, where the focus is on these lovecraftian cosmic horror creatures. That shit creeps me out in the best way.
>>
Tell tale
>>
>>381362020
Read some clive barker....the books of blood specifically
>>
>>381361707
>because whenever a Player dies the enemy AI will be pacified and docile for a good amount of time.

I like everything but this, PvP can be encouraged by making it harder somehow to escape with a ton of people vs. a few

like a l4d type scenario where you need to defend a refueling vehicle, but it needs more fuel if you have more people

>almost finished escaping
>huge lovecraftian nightmare is quickly approaching your position
>not enough time to fuel up (or whatever) fully
>turn and pop someone in the back of the skull, gtfo of there now that you're sufficiently ready to evacuate with one less person

of course this would never work because people are cunts and always find ways to ruin things, so one person would invariably use the rest of the group to get to the end and then he'd just teamkill everyone and escape with minimal preparation
>>
>>381361707
>either choose to try and wait out the Mist and be rescued by the military

Haha, fat chance. Someone here didn't read the novel clearly.
There's no end to the mist, it's not the mist that came bringing monsters but our world that merged with theirs. The mist is their native atmosphere, WE are the invaders albeit unwillingly.
>>
Easy, make it an Alan Wake style of game only with the mist replacing the night as a FOG clouding gimmick.
Make it survival-like so you have to craft your own equipment and not just scavenge shit.
Make it so the monsters grow increasingly more dangerous as time passes.
Don't pussy out on the monsters, keep everything, including that gargantuan mountain-sized colossus that can flat buildings with each step.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.