[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else have to deal with anxiety when playing online games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1414355157978.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1414355157978.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
Anybody else have to deal with anxiety when playing online games?

I usually have to take a break from playing after every two hours because my anxiety makes it impossible to enjoy playing anymore. It happens with every online game I play, even the non competitive ones.

How do you deal with anxiety and videogames?
>>
Prepare

Besides that, stop caring.
>>
>>381346739
Only in games like Rainbow 6, where you end up as the last one alive and the whole team is watching
>>
Why don't you take some drugs or work with therapist to cure your fucking stupid ass and actually grow up? Your anxiety is nothing but illusions and yours parents' mistakes you damn manchild.
>>
>>381347465
I actually function normally in real life. I finished my studies with good grades, I have a well paying job and I do well with it. I live on my own and have a couple, but online games just give me serious anxiety.
>>
>>381347529
As I said it's just the illusion which could be cured by a few hours with theassrapist whose help such a normie like you can easily buy.
Or simple meditation Jesus fucking Satan you are not a 14yo after all.
>>
anxiety over fucking what
>>
Who cares what some fucker says to you online. Even if you run into him again, chances are he's not going to remember your name.
>>
File: 1451158750449.jpg (42KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1451158750449.jpg
42KB, 500x461px
>>381347529
>but online games just give me serious anxiety.

maybe you should go back to redit?
>>
>>381346739
Why do you feel anxious anon?
I somewhat used to have the same problem when I was younger but that was only during games where I was frequently the last guy alive and the entire team was watching. At that point, it was just constant practice to the point where I didn't give a shit about other people watching me. Just need to relax and not care so much about things.
>>
>>381347465
Tell that to war veterans dipshit
>>
>>381348628
Since when reddit normies with pseudo anxiety compare to people with real problems such war PTSD?
>>
Play with a totally retarded but fun setup. I go pistols only or the most annoying troll class I can think of in shooters so that if I die it's "whatever I'm not gonna do good with this setup anyway" and it's fun to fuck with people every once in a while
>>
>>381348867
My dude you came off as talking about anxiety in general but if you're just talking about >>381347529 this retard then you're probably not wrong
>>
>>381346739
i avoid people for the most part on games. Medication has helped a lot. I stay away from mobas where underagers will yell at you for screwing up on your first game.
>>
>>381346739

You should probably go see a shrink and get some meds.
>>
>>381346739
Uh sweety, it's only a game. It doesn't matter if you die in a game x
>>
I used the have that problem when playing fighting games, especially online. I would get so caught up in the idea that I would lose that it gave me anxiety no matter who I played. I could play against someone who sucked and I would still get stressed that I might mess up or make a bad decision.

The way that I eventually got over it was from sticking with it and continuing to play, and also from finding a group of friends with similar skill levels and playing with them. We helped each other recognize our faults while also joking about the dumb errors we would make. Eventually, I found myself not worrying about losing to other random players because I was sure enough in my own ability. I felt like even if I messed up, I could move past it and not dwell on it for too long.

So I guess my advice would be to play with some friends, especially in competitive games. And after a while you should notice those feelings of anxiety start to disappear, or at least you're minimizing them.
>>
>>381346739
Anxiety about what. Social anxiety ? Be less vague.
>>
>>381346739
Just keep playing and it'll go away. Like any problem, you will learn to deal with anxiety and experience is the best teacher.

I used to be extremely anxious about queuing to competitive in CS:GO, but after you play enough you stop caring too much and stop worrying and just focus on playing, even if it goes badly.
>>
File: 1474249544232.png (223KB, 559x682px) Image search: [Google]
1474249544232.png
223KB, 559x682px
>>381347465
>suggests anxiety is nothing but illusions yet recommends meds
>>
>>381348628
>Call of Duty babby thinks he's a war veteran
LMAO @ UR LIFE
>>
If you get anxious from playing video games you're probably a overstimulated mess of a person far beyond the point of recovery.
>>
I had a burnout once. Couldn't play videogames for three months. Made me anxious as fuck and nauseous. Be careful kids.
>>
>>381350708
Or you abused drugs until your central nervous system couldn't handle stress at all and became crap at vidya.
I quit and got better, but I have to say drugs were way better than video games so I guess it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>381347465
you sound like my parents lol, stop it.
ever heard of "projection" lol?
quiet down son.
>>
>anxiety
What? What's to be anxious about?
>>
>>381351480
Failing to perform.
The more fun and important winning is, the worse losing is like.
>>
>>381352289
I get that it can get tense and losing can be frustrating but anxiety is a little too much don't you think?
It's just a video game. Nothing is at stake
>>
>>381350643
I've seen my men die. I've seen friendships betrayed fuck outta here! cod is war
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.