[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say the next Smash Bros game was more or less a soft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 3DS Roster.png (141KB, 336x220px) Image search: [Google]
3DS Roster.png
141KB, 336x220px
Let's say the next Smash Bros game was more or less a soft reboot that instead of adding in even more characters to the clusterfuck that is Smash 4, gave us a much smaller, yet extremely polished and balanced/competitive oriented roster. The image attatched is the roster we ended up getting. How would you feel, /v/?
>>
Casuals who make up 90% of sales don't care about the large roster

Only the 10% dudes are the bitching because they have to master and know all characters weaknesses
>>
I feel like that would be a decision that's so retarded that not even that hack Sakurai would consider it.

People. Buy. Smash For. The. Roster. That's its lane. Nintendo knows this.
>>
>>381343323
0/10
>>
>>381343864
>>
If this were to happen it would have to be a damn fucking good roster in terms of balance.

The normies would be upset though, might hurt sales hard because of controversy.
>>
I would drop Zelda and Ganondorf. After BotW, their powers are a bit strange to consider. Maybe Zelda could use the Sheikah Slate, but Link in BotW style would feel strange without the sheikah slate bombs at least. That would leave her the pillars, stasis, and magnesis, which don't make much for a movelist.

Shulk is replaced by the XC2 guy.
Rob is dropped for a new retro revival.
Marth could be dropped for the FE:Switch protag depending on when the game comes out.
No Mewtwo. Might be a Switch Pokemon rep.
No Wario. Probably Diddy instead.
Ice Climbers really have no reason to come back in a soft reboot.
Crazy 3rd party fanservice character... maybe Simon Belmont? He's the only one I can think of. Or Bomber man after the new one.

I don't know how else to slim the Mario characters. With my changes, they would stick out a lot. I have a hard time justifying Little Mac with Spring Man in the game, too.

I would double-down on the new franchises. You could play a solo inkling or a team Callie and Marie. Master Mummy, or Max Brass, could be the Ganondorf to Spring Man's Captain Falcon. These characters would be unlockable, though.

Not opposed to the idea in general, though.
>>
>>381343323
>that selection
Make Mario/Luigi into one fighter.
Get rid of ROB and Ice Climbers.
Replace Mewtwo with Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Greninja and Decidueye).
Add in Dillon (plays like Sonic), Tethu (also a char-switcher) and an Advance Wars rep (plays like Snake).

Also limiting a selection to that small size will cause a lot of autism shitfits, so probably not the wisest idea.
>>
>>381344843
>>381345069
Just stop
>>
>>381343323
I would love that. Not even for the sake of the competitivefags out there, I just feel like the roster is pretty insane at 60 or so characters. They'd probably have to market it as a somewhat-separate thing though. Ultra Smash Bros or something.

It feels like I can't get into a lot of roster discussion anymore, but that's all anyone cares about.
>>
>>381344843
>>381345069

These choices either pander too much to the immediate new or are way too fucking obscure

I'd take op's roster over these at this point
>>
>>381345224
>>381345542
Zelda and Ganondorf really don't make sense. It's gotta rep BotW, that was a gamechanger. Shulk, marth, rob, old news. Wario hasn't had a real game since the DS, I think.

What the fuck is the point of a soft reboot if it's not to appeal to new fans? Lol. The marketing to college aged youth is just a trick. Kids hate when stuff is marketed to them, trust me that the Switch demographic is mostly young and none of the kids know what the fuck the Ice Climbers are. A new smash, as a reboot, with TWO FUCKING NEWCOMERS is suicide
>>
>>381343323
>extremely polished and balanced/competitive oriented roster

Depends what you mean by this.

If it's more Sakurai's Plushy Playpen shit then he might as well just fucking load it with characters out the ass since gameplay doens't matter.
>>
>>381346340
>>381346431
Might as well make a completely different game that has nothing to do with Smash.
>>
>>381345542
Having some more new choices will at least stick out over the same roster but heavily downsized.
>>
File: smash5.png (424KB, 1100x610px) Image search: [Google]
smash5.png
424KB, 1100x610px
>>381343323
I kinda feel like it might be better just to retain as much as the current as roster as we can, all while overhauling some certain veteran characters and adding a few new ones on top.

There's not that many important new characters to add anyway. Spring Man and Inklings are the only two 'obvious' inclusions considering they're the mascots of two new popular EAD/EPD franchises. I guess they could always add a new Pokemon and a new Fire Emblem character.
>>
File: 1482028051754.jpg (22KB, 567x316px) Image search: [Google]
1482028051754.jpg
22KB, 567x316px
>>381348280
>Tfw that garbage Other M suit is going to be replaced with the Samus Returns suit
Fucking finally
>>
>no Robin
I would be sad. But at least villager is in there
>>
File: blackshadow.jpg (127KB, 1440x2063px) Image search: [Google]
blackshadow.jpg
127KB, 1440x2063px
>>381348280
If they do that the they should give Dorf's role of stronger, slower Falcon to this guy.
>>
>removing unique characters
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.