[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Cities Skylines compare to Simcity 4 now? I really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
How does Cities Skylines compare to Simcity 4 now?
I really like how it actually takes time before you can have scyscrapers in Simcity 4 but even with mods building something more complicated is very crude and tedious.
>>
It's better
>>
>>381340767
Better in everysingle way anon get it cheap on sale
>>
>>381340767
Simcity 4 is garbage compared to Cities Skylines
>>
waaaay better than shitcity 4.
>>
>>381340767
I seriously need a guide for this game.
Its fantastic but i'm new to the highways and roads kind of autism.
>>
>>381342178
You don't need a guide for the game, you need a guide for urban planning. Otherwise just make grids and you will be doing fine
>>
>>381342357
where can i find it? I don't want to be stuck in a shitty griddy city builder with so much potential.
>>
>>381342614
I dunno, I just try to replicate stuff youtubers are doing and real life, with occasional article read on how highways actually work IRL. I recommend playing with infinite money, because otherwise you would have to make grids to make your inefficient, but pretty looking and working districts work. Money making is the easiest thing you can do in this game, so I treat it as an easy way for devs to stop players progress. Money is boring, it's not like you won't have anything to do even with infinite money anyway, because you would have to micromanage carefully to make pretty looking stuff, managing happiness and needs and the worst of all: traffic.
>>
File: Chuck Norris Thumbs Up.jpg (24KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck Norris Thumbs Up.jpg
24KB, 600x544px
>>381342178
How about you try things out and explore the game?
>>
Simcity 4 has some great japanese bats are there things like them for skylines?
>>
>>381343325
There are a few workshop collections that do a pretty good job. Sadly you can't just 'turn them on' for a specific map, but it's nice.
>>
File: 785.jpg (202KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
785.jpg
202KB, 800x1300px
It has already been said in this thread and in a thousand other threads just like this one. It's good anon, but only if you play it as a traffic simulator and not a city simulator. Buy it on sale or wait until Pardicks stops the DLC train which will probably go on for another decade.

My only complaint is that I can't build fuck huge cities like I could in SC4. The CPU usage for this RL simulator is ridiculous. I have a city of 300k and my computer stutters like a motherfucker. In SC4 I got cities up to 3 million on the largest maps. I get that they opted for living breathing cities with real people that you can follow around as they go about their lives but imho it is not worth the expense of tiny unrealistic cities. And the fact that people only live thirty years and time progression is seriously fucked, it's really not all that immersive.

Also for all of you ignorant faggots, get the Rush Hour mod. It makes 'large' cities viable without drowning your city in the dead and turning your highways into city wide traffic jams.

Paradox will force CO to churn out DLCs adding gimmicks and introducing more bugs while never fixing the game breaking bugs which still persist a year after release. Until they fix their broken ass game I wouldn't recommend it at full price.
>>
>>381343717
Yeah I hope in years to come though it can become as big as it was on SC4. The guy named SOMY was one of my favs.
>>
>>381340767
The game lacks the managment aspect sorely. The dlc make it a bit better but its still babys first city builder. If your a person who enjoy a challanging managing game like anno or transport fever this is not it. Its just another game of the slowly casualizing industry. Pretty as fuck tho.
>>
>>381342178
R O U N D A B O U T S
>>
>>381346380
The words will make you out 'n' out
>>
>>381346348
That's sadly the case with all major 'management' games that have been released over the past few years (Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster, even the new Anno games ...).

It's a damn shame too. At least a few smaller indie titles are trying to scratch that itch.
>>
>>381346792
>>381346348
It's a shame how quickly kings of the genre like rollercoaster tycoon and simcity were so easily dethroned because of how badly their companies screwed up.
>>
>>381346348
As much I love cities:skylines I always find myself going back to SC4
>>
>>381346348
This. Skylines has its good parts, but it's completely babby tier difficulty wise. Only time you may fail is at the very beginning if you begin planning too grand and forget to build and connect basic stuff like water and electricity to your first zones and thus run out of money before getting taxes. Once you set the basic stuff up it's impossible to fail even if you completely fuck up traffic and other optimization.
>>
>>381340767

skyline isn't really a simulator more than it's just a city building sandbox

there's no challenging aspect, but the cities can look pretty good after you get the right mods and lighting

simcity 4 is fun to play all around, it doesn't look like a real city compared with skylines but there's more micromanaging involved and there's penalties for not managing things correctly

you can't really compare them they are two different types of games, their only similarity is that they involved building cities
>>
>>381348652
One thing that's always bugged me about Cities Skylines and (frankly) even Sim City 3000 and 4 is that there is very little incentive to actually make decisions that compromise a pristine, perfect eco tech paradise where everyone has 100% health, education, etc and soaring property values. Skylines tries to get at this with enforcing a need for 'goods' in the way of importing versus locally producing materials, but the reality is that importing everything doesn't have any real impact.

There's never the pressure to have parts of your town that, yes, have huge factories and an undereducated workforce to staff them closeby. Decisions just aren't interesting.
>>
>>381340767
never played sim4 but all I have to say about skylines is that the DLCs didn't add too much too it. the new traffic options are neat but ultimately they don't change the way you play your game. and I've been struggling a lot to find a fun map to play.
>>
>>381349840
The problem is the sightest form of difficulty in a game and these casuals start rating it 0/10. Just look ar darkest dungon the game is avratized as a hard game and people bitch like crazy. Devs rather play it safe and make a game too easy the hard.
>>
>>381350046
One thing that made Skylines a lot more fun for me was to move to building cities organically. Don't plan it all out from the start, make small communities centered around certain commodities and grown them as demand increases. Don't be afraid to bulldoze and redevelop when the time is right.

It's been a lot more fun that way for me.
>>
It doesn't compare. It's all about making your city look nice instead of being proper simulation
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.