[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me to get into the fighting genre of gaming, /v/. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1388742432159.jpg (121KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388742432159.jpg
121KB, 500x375px
Convince me to get into the fighting genre of gaming, /v/.

I've barely played them in recent years, but from observations it seems to be the best choice for
>raw player skill, depending on which game of course, but it's the genre that takes the most effort to get the best at
>almost guaranteed to have a strong, competitive scene if the game is well-developed
>has some of the tightest gaming communities, ranging from total buddy beginners to raging comp autists
>one of the few and only genres left that really works wonders playing together in the same sofa, rather than with strangers online
>sometimes even come with good storytelling, lore, worlds and characters despite not being some AAA RPG title

I suppose a main concern is whether or not it's worth getting into if I intend to play mostly on my own, against the computer. I rage easily against players online from even the smallest latency having any impact whatsoever on a match, and I only have 1-2 half-interested people to play with locally.
>>
>>381340312
Stick to ones with a lot of SP content like soul calibur (blazblue maybe? i haven't played much 2d) and you'll probably have fun
>>
>>381340312
I haven't kept up with fighting games too OP, the newest one I played was Soul Calibur IV, good game and tons of fun SCIII is still better
>>
>>381340312
>raw player skill, depending on which game of course, but it's the genre that takes the most effort to get the best at
Whatever I will just spam that one button till you hurt yourself with your own controller.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.