[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they get so little criticism compared to other Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ogp.png (461KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
ogp.png
461KB, 1200x630px
Why do they get so little criticism compared to other Nintendo developers?

Plenty of people complain about Intelligent Systems not making a new Advance Wars or a traditional Paper Mario. Plenty of people complained about Retro Studios not making a new Metroid Prime. HAL have made a fair number of games with vocal fanbases but they almost never seem to be the centre of the fans' attention. For example, HAL developed both Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium, two games that have vocal fans that desperately want a sequel. Yet those fans tend to fling their shit towards Game Freak instead, despite Game Freak having nothing to do with the Pokemon spin-offs. HAL also developed the Mother series yet those fans just complain to Nintendo rather than HAL.
>>
I'm more concerned with IS not making a new Pokemon Colosseum
>>
>>381339328
>despite Game Freak having nothing to do with the Pokemon spin-offs
Actually, GF have a lot to do with Pokemon Spin-offs, or more specifically, why the 3D ones never happen.
Masuda has a firm belief that as the series is now in 3D, there's no need for Stadium or Colosseum style games anymore.
He also avoids making Snap for whatever reason, the PokeFinder in SM was supposedly a feature to appeal to fans who desire another Snap.
Masuda's ideas on Game Design directly affect what spin-offs can be produced, he's always been keeping Pokemon off consoles if possible.
>>381339451
>I'm more concerned with IS not making a new Pokemon Colosseum
that was Genius Sonority anon.
>>
>>381339328
HALal

COINCIDENCE?
>>
File: 1492041239471.jpg (20KB, 474x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492041239471.jpg
20KB, 474x424px
Hal made block boy
Game was gr8
They made block block boy too but I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>381339328
HAL continue making good games.
>>
>>381339990
>Actually, GF have a lot to do with Pokemon Spin-offs
Actually, they don't. The ownership of the Pokemon IP is split three ways between Game Freak (the original developers), Nintendo (the original publishers) and Creatures Inc. (a company that helped fund the original games). These three companies are affiliated with The Pokemon Company, a business whose sole purpose is to manage the Pokemon IP. All Pokemon-related decisions go through The Pokemon Company and its CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara. Note how whenever a Pokemon spin-off is shown in a direct, it's always Ishihara who talks about it and not Masuda. Game Freak themselves only focus on making the mainline Pokemon games. Game Freak never developed Pokemon Snap or the Pokemon Stadium games, in fact Iwata famously ported Pokemon's battle code from scratch without any of Game Freak's design documents. If The Pokemon Company wanted to develop a new Snap or Stadium, they would approach another development studio since Game Freak don't handle those.
>>
>>381340736
They've been making the same shit for 20 years. People complain about the New Super Mario Bros series but the Kirby series is far worse. The entire reason why Sakurai left HAL was because they only made sequels and it's still true to this day.
>>
File: 1471582037667.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1471582037667.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>381340530
*box boy
*box box boy
>>
>>381341813
Keep spouting nonsense, maybe someone will listen.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.