[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are your thoughts on this game ? Is it worth buying ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Super_Mario_Odyssey_-_Box_NA.jpg (414KB, 1252x2027px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Odyssey_-_Box_NA.jpg
414KB, 1252x2027px
So what are your thoughts on this game ? Is it worth buying ? Will it be any good ? What do you all think ?
>>
Yeah
>>
I'll certainly pick it up, but the levels look a bit too big for my liking. I much prefer the more compact style of 64 and Sunshine. From what I've seen in this there are large stretches or nothing at all.
>>
>>381335342

I'll get it. I didn't grow up with Nintendo, my first Mario game was Galaxy when I was 16 or so, I started playing through Sunshine a few months ago and am about halfway through, so all that to say I can't speak from the perspective of a longtime fan, but they're good games, and I'm excited to see what they do with it.
>>
>>381335342
>is it worth buying?
>will it be any good?
these two questions are mutually exclusive. If it's worth buying, that implies people know if it's good or not. If you also ask "will it be good?" this implies no one knows if it is good or not.
I think you're an idiot.
>>
heck yeah
>>
>>381335342
>So what are your thoughts on this game?
Same as all 3D Mario bare 64, a dull gimmicks galore.
>Is it worth buying?
Not at full price, 3D Mario has terrible replay value.
>Will it be any good?
It will be as good as any 3D Mario gimmickfest can be, an amusing first run because of the feeling of novelty before turning into a dust collecter.
>>
It looks like a well made game that will be a lot of fun, but I still won't end up buying it. I just don't care about Mario or platformers.
>>
File: mario_odyssey_movement_3.webm (3MB, 1000x584px) Image search: [Google]
mario_odyssey_movement_3.webm
3MB, 1000x584px
It's going to be the best 3D Mario game. Screencap this.
>>
>>381336281
In other words, it's not enough like 64?
>>
I'm incredibly excited. I can't wait to play it.
>>
File: 1497999472297.jpg (128KB, 620x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497999472297.jpg
128KB, 620x648px
hhhmmmmm
>>
>>381336446
It's not so much that it isn't enough like 64 but more like Nintendo missing the point altogether.
>>
>>381335342
>Will it be any good
Duh
>>
>>381336673
does anyone genuinely believe what this image implies? If so, you're fucking retarded and should drink bleach
>>
>>381336673
Yeah, because the lives system in 3D Mario games has always been top fucking notch.
>What? I have to walk back to the painting from outside?
>Oh shit the real dark souls starts here.
>>
>>381336673
Why use PoP? Why not use good old Nes Mario? This is more than enough to make a point about how hard Nintendo is dropping the ball with this franchise.
>>
>>381335342
was somewhat excited when they first revealed it and said it falls under the 64 and sunshine style marios acknowledging that the rest have been really different since then. The e3 trailer kinda killed it though by showing worlds that looked too big and a gimmick that I don't find that interesting. It seems more like a rare 64 game now as well with all the collectibles and missions, but unlike banjo the characters that give the missions remind me more of the people from sonic 06 that give missions than the quirky characters in the banjo games. The hat gimmick is also like the banjo transformations, but in banjo you needed to explore to see where that transformation would be useful where as in Odyssey those areas are right next to the enemies that need to be possessed. I'm also not a fan of all the "realistic" looking stuff in the game. Would have been better if they kept everything stylized to fit in with the mario universe like sunshine or the early mario RPGs.

The good things are the movement of mario seems good again. I'll probably eventually play it when I get a switch for pikmin4 or just borrow it from my brother, but right now I'm incredibly skeptical
>>
>>381338278
Because the biggest complaint about PoP was that there wasn't any punishment for dying in it.
I'm not him, though, I'm this guy >>381337287
>>
File: DCUVlYQWsAEagoS.png (976KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DCUVlYQWsAEagoS.png
976KB, 720x1280px
It looks SO good. I can't wait. I feel like it's going to be as good as playing Galaxy for the first time, maybe even better.
>>
>>381338278
>why use PoP
because that's his favorite game and his feelings are still hurt that not everyone on /v/ likes it.
Whether or not nintendo is dropping the ball with mario remains to be seen.
>>
>>381336429

That looks like the roll move everyone hated in Yooka Laylee though.
>>
>>381339837
Hated? Why?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.