[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn relive the release and few days following of pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20160802-083014~01~01.png (174KB, 1440x534px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160802-083014~01~01.png
174KB, 1440x534px
>ywn relive the release and few days following of pokemon go with /v/
>bragging about garbage pokes that felt like diamonds in the rough
>constant activity in multiple threads
>heated banter between teams, pro- and anti-skub style

>that anon who left his house at night after being pressured to catch a jigglypuff by the thread
>never came back

Does anyone still play?
>>
>>381321598
I got banned when I decided to use a program to wlak everywhere and a bot that auto-caught pokemon.

It was fun, when I DID go out walking I ende dup getting a blowjob form some nerdy girl who looked like she just showered and put on some clothes to run to the store.
It wasn't that great but I came in her throat and she swallowed.
>>
>>381321803
On the list of things that never happened...
>>
I don't understand why they dropped the ball so hard with this game. Everybody was playing it and they did nothing.
>>
File: 1454948226781.jpg (34KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1454948226781.jpg
34KB, 640x475px
>snipe and hack in the first few weeks of release
>"STOP CHEETING ASSHOLE YOU'RE GONNA GET BANNED!!"
>nothing comes of it and can still access my account
>>
File: 1468337614891.jpg (112KB, 639x560px) Image search: [Google]
1468337614891.jpg
112KB, 639x560px
>>381321803
I pretty much stopped after getting banned for botting as well. I had it coming I suppose.
Speaking of, botting itself was as fun as playing the game for me, setting it up and jumping around the world. I don't really know why
>>
>>381322527
It was barely a game. Yeah it was popular, so are fidget spinners but there's only one thing you can do with them so their total entertainment value isn't huge
>>
>>381321598
>tfw you'll never meet all the cutie girls at the park whilst out catching pokemon
>>
Those first few weeks were fucking wild. I went for walks almost every day to visit pokestops, and every time I did I saw other people playing. It felt like it was everywhere, I've never experienced something like that before. It was surreal.

And then it got boring. Haven't touched it in months. Also I never had any friends that played it, so I missed out on some fun there.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>
>>381321598
>you will never socialize with a group spending hours walking across the local park again
I miss it
>>
>>381322629
I'm convinced they never actually fixed the sniping. my account got banned for 'hacking' after I started playing the game while on vacation in Europe and got my legit account banned shortly after flying home.
>>
>>381321803

>Met some androgynous boy in the park while walking around
>He's now my friend

I want to fuck his ass and he doesn't even know it yet
>>
>>381321598
I reinstalled it a couple days ago to see if they had fixed shit.

They did not. It's still the same boring, endlessly repeating thing. How they managed to fuck up such a good base idea is beyond understanding.
>>
if only the battle system wasn't shit and you could fight other people.
>>
>itt Peoples first flavor of the month trend
>>
>>381323253
im honestly really happy for you, do you have apic of him?
>>
>>381321598
Eating dominos with people you've just met at the park at 8pm, sitting next to a double lore.

Freaking out and legging it when that blastois spawned and I was the only one to catch it.

That one instinct player who clearly had the best Pokemon in town and you hung out with him.
>>
>>381323465
Local trading would have been minted as well.
>>
Still boot it up occasionally now that there's Gen 2 Pokemon because that was he best gen bar none, but if they throw in Gen 3 shit with no major gameplay changes I'll be done for good.
>>
>it's June 21st, 2017
>I still have never downloaded and played Pokemon Go

and still nothing of value was lost
>>
>>381323792
Missed out big time last year. Completely pointless now
>>
>>381323594
He gets bullied alot at school so he's shy as fuck and doesn't like posting pics online. I wouldn't want to make it worse for him
>>
>>381323860
It was completely pointless then too
>>
>>381322761
This

It was like a wonderful dream that ended as quickly as one opening their eyes.
>>
It was so easy to make friends and meet new people with pokemon go. It probably stopped some suicides and lowered depression.

and then they fucked it up
Pokemon Go could have been such a benefit to society
>>
>>381322527
It was literally just a meme. It was a cultural nostalgia for anyone who grew up with Pokemon but hadn't played since GSC. It crossed into normalfags on that nostalgia and because it wasn't really a game you didn't need to dedicate a lot of time to it. The videos of the massive mobs of people were doing it mostly because being in the mob itself was fun not because the game was.
>>
>>381324008
Not really, it was a way to connect and make friends with normalfags
>>
>>381324008
it was a lot of fun back then
>>
File: d63.jpg (190KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
190KB, 442x650px
>had a group of 15-20 people who played all throughout summer vacation
>Stayed out untill 3-4 AM wandering about the city hunting pokes and taking gyms
>A year later seeing every good lure spot and gym absolutely deserted
>>
>>381324496
I have a huge park near my house which has 3 pokestops and all of them would have lures on them all the time. Now there is not a single one in my town who has a lure on it
>>
i'm a bit of an outlier I suppose, I started somewhere in august and I'm still playing so I'll explain how thats possible. A little over a year ago I started talking to this girl on grindr, trans not trap, and having been out of a relationship for years I was a bit nervous when she agreed to come over to my place. At that point I hadnt even touched the game and figured that it'd be a nice date to just walk around town, talk and catch pokemon (I live in a somewhat touristy part of my country so its a nice town).

And that kinda sealed the deal, she had been playing for a while by then but we sorta made it a competition (we're both competitive gamers, in fact in one of my first messages to her i told her i was gonna watch a stream with my bros and she correctly, and instantly, guessed it was Evo. It was at that point I knew I had struck gold)

So we still play on and off when we go for walks and such, there isnt much game but I kinda like the collecting part. theres supposed to be a gym rework this month and they're talking about adding 'raids' where you go to the gym to battle a high level cp pokemon with your friends for rewards.
>>
>>381324646
Pasta?
>>
I played pokemon go for all of 15 minutes

It was bad
>>
Would this be a cool sequel?

>all pokemon go data is wiped
>pokemon go 2 announced.
>1st, 2nd, 3rd generation
>far more location specific pokemon avalible, using Google maps algorithm. (eg. If you pass a power station ya might see unique electric pokemon)
>pokemon in general are a little rarer to encounter
>get rid of lvl system entirely, you now have to take care of pokemon you capture (feed them berries you find, ect) they grow in size with age.
>introduce new lvl system that is only relevant when taking on a GYM battle
>lvl system isn't used during 1 on 1 pvp battle, both pokemon are equal strength. The loser faints, winner gains LVL exp
>unlike pvp battles, gym battles are lethal. if you kill the gym pokemon you install your own to replace it.
>if your pokemon dies at a gym battle it's dead forever
>there's a graveyard at each gym displaying all of the fallen pokemon
>>
>>381324715
nope, just really lucky
>>
>>381324756
It'll never again explode like that July/August. They could turn it into an actual game but the phenomenon was over in under two months.
>>
>>381324806
I don't believe you can have such little self awareness posting that on /v/.
>>
So whats new in go now?

I just downloaded and a nearby gym said 'under constructiin'

Also there's a misdreviours nearby
>>
>>381324986
I'm not sure what thats supposed to mean
>>
>>381321598

>Ken Ashcorp ref
>>
>tfw didn't have a smartphone and missed out on the week of fun
Oh well
>>
>>381325164
Where?
>>
Even though I didn't play it, I kinda miss all the hype around it

My university had two hot spots on campus. Normally the labs would be a ghost town at 1 or 2 am but groups of people would come by even then
>>
Do you think that if they kept the distance feet thing in the game, it would still be going?
>>
>>381325164
Although I do like his song Touch Fluffy Tail is from Monster Girl Quest originally.
>>
File: ken.png (192KB, 1440x532px) Image search: [Google]
ken.png
192KB, 1440x532px
>>381325358
>>
>>381325698

That explains a lot, I haven't played much beyond 2007.
>>
>>381324756
>all pokemon go data is wiped
Step one already ruins the rest of your post. Deleting the old stuff will cause a massive backlash.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.