[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It almost doesn't matter how good this game is. no way in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 299x168px
It almost doesn't matter how good this game is. no way in fuck is Capcom gonna convince the normies to buy it, they couldn't even convince them to buy Resident Evil which is the most normie franchise they have. Japan's not gonna be able to save it either because they are worse then normies, they are shitty phones gamers.

This might be the final nail in the coffin for Capcom, market reality is a bitch.
>>
>>381321372
this will fail, won't sell as much as any past entry, specially considering the increase in budget. capcom really fucked themselves imo with this one, their understanding of the series, its potential and its fanbase doesn't align with reality one bit
>>
File: a fellow Anonymous poster.jpg (953KB, 2696x4044px) Image search: [Google]
a fellow Anonymous poster.jpg
953KB, 2696x4044px
Monster Hunter? pffh, sounds gay, I'll just play Skyrim again.
>>
Most of my normal fag friends are already convinced to buy it. Normal fags are starved for some big fantasy game ever since they got bored of Skyrim, and they've basically only had shooters since (mostly Rainbow Six Siege and Battlefield 1), so MonHun World is really hitting that sweet spot for them right now. All the devs have to do is make a slightly-above-average story and they'll gobble that shit up.
>>
>>381321372
Monster Hunter's pace is always going to be too slow for the normal crowd.

>Take forever to kill a monster with non-flashy attacks

They won't be able to hold their attention.
>>
>>381321987
You could say the same thing about Dark Souls being slow but the casuals ate that shit up anyway.
>>
>>381322224
>You could say the same thing about Dark Souls being slow but the casuals ate that shit up anyway.
>2-3 sales average
you dont know what EAT THAT SHIT means

also DS has Lovecraft// medieval shit they liked
>>
>>381321372
I got my normie friends convinced already to buy it. Im gonna be the their senpai. :3
>>
File: 1497972146883.gif (652KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
1497972146883.gif
652KB, 500x429px
>>381321987
>killing monster takes too long
They won't even make it that far. They'll drop it on the 1* gathering quests. There will definitely be gathering quests to help you get acquainted with the large map.
They'll drop it like Yahtzee dropped MH.
>>
File: Capcom Directors.png (225KB, 580x254px) Image search: [Google]
Capcom Directors.png
225KB, 580x254px
>>381321372
You mean the final nail for the board of directors
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 564x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 564x793px
It's really not that difficult to market. Dragons are super popular in pretty much any game they're in. All they have to do is show some Rathalos vs a monster, and then the hunter vs Rathalos. And then show some co-op. 20 second ad, show montage of cool shit, end it with the usual MH theme fanfare, gg ez

People think Dark Souls and Skyrim dragons are good. MH literally has the best animated ones with a complete AI that requires you to nut up rather than kite and cheese. Showing one with gameplay is an easy way to raise interest.

Couple that with the likely cross over DLC, and it should bring in respectable numbers. If they go big here and target popular multiplat games, you'll get shit like Overwatch Reinhardt/Genji armor & weapon, Dark Souls armor and weapon, or another Final Fantasy crossover. I'm pretty sure half of all GS users pretend they're Cloud anyway.

Marketing isn't hard if you know play target demographic. MH is normie tier in Japan, but it's still one of the most hardcore games ever created. Make people feel hardcore, show series strengths, show off monsters, and it'll sell to more than just series veterans.
>>
>>381321372
>>381321531
At the end of the day, even if the franchise dies after this game, we'll still have THIS particular installment
>>
>>381321531
considering it costs like 50 bucks to develop a game for the 3ds they're probably developing world off profits from the first installment that was ever put on the 3ds
>>
>>381326958
And then there's also console exclusive DLC options like HZD Aloy's armor and Bow, P5 Morgana Palico armor, Nier/Gravity Rush shit, etc. Crossover shit in HD is a rad concept and is good for marketing.
>>
>>381327475
hopefully lightning's armor and sword are in the game!!! also mechanical dragons would be tits XD
>>
>>381327419
3ds games cost 39.99

Ps4 Xbox one games cost 59.99

If a 3ds monster Hunter game sells 4 million

It's 159 million

If ps4 x box one sells 2.7 million copies it's 161 million

With 1.3 million less. Console pc monster Hunter makes more
>>
File: 12.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
This game is either gonna alienate veterans and japs and sell like shit, or be the best goddamn monster hunter game ever, but it will never captivate the normalfag crowd, and it will never sell well.

No crossplay is fucking gay and is gonna kill the multiplayer by fragmenting the shit out of it as well. PS4 is gonna be autistic japs kicking any americans that join their lobbies, xbone won't have anyone playing at all, and PC is gonna be hackers and fedora tippers.
>>
>>381328167
Wow, you're retarded
>>
>>381322224
DaS boss fights take like 2 to 3 minutes tops and if you die it's a 1 minute run to the boss. MH for a causal takes like 20 to 30 to kill a boss and if they faint then it's 5 minutes to find the monster.
>>
>>381328996
not anymore cuz u get fireflies that lead u right to it :^) they probably teleport you right to the monster if you die a couple times
>>
>>381327475
I'm actually waiting for the inevitable announcement. You just know they're going to feature some Horizon mech as DLC hunts.
>>
>>381328708
No one cares about fragmentation, it's been that way forever. Getting kicked from a JP room isn't the end of the world when you can host a room whenever you want. Also, with the PC version being released months after, and mods/hacks/meme griefers being a thing, there is little interest for me to cross over with that community.

Traditionally, you'll find a lot of helpful hunters that will join rooms to assist, while also clearing old quests and grinding money. Finding players will not be a problem. Good players will add each other and hunt together with ease now.

The only thing that would shit up the launch are people who complain about weapon changes (literal crybabies when charge blade was changed), because all weapons will be changed in some way.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>381329694
Dude don't toy with my emotions. A Deviljho with a Thunderjaw skin might make me jizz. Oh god a Rathalos with a Stormbird skin.

Stop this at once
>>
>>381321885
Why the hell isn't it on the Amazon bestseller list then? Yoshi is on there for god's sake.
>>
>>381321372
I can't wait for this to bomb and see crapcom have to go crawling back to Nintendo to save their sorry asses
>>
File: Dellusional_Laugh.gif (496KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
Dellusional_Laugh.gif
496KB, 500x269px
>>381329972
I can't wait for gunlance to be nerfed to shit again
>>
File: mhw lance.webm (963KB, 380x212px) Image search: [Google]
mhw lance.webm
963KB, 380x212px
Frontier as fuck
>>
>>381325087
me on the right
>>
>>381330840
it just looks like he got flung by the hammer at the end
>>
>>381330226
Because the prep-order bubble is bursting for everything that doesn't offer a pre-order bonus and isn't on a Nintendo console
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.