[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Saren Has there been a villain as good in recent years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

>Saren

Has there been a villain as good in recent years? Did he do anything wrong?
He should have been an antagonist of the entire ME series, we wouldn't have gotten shit like Kai in ME3 to fill in a 'rival' role if so.
>>
Nobody currently on /v/ even played the original ME?

Not fucking surprised.
>>
>>381319608
I love cock.
>>
He was basically space Saruman.
>>
>>381319608

ME1 was pretty great, best game in the series by a big margin.
Saren was a great antagonist, it was cool how many ways there were for you to handle the situation. Having him go husk mode on you if you talk him into killing himself was kind of a cop-out though.
Inb4 "MUH ME2! M-MUH ACTION!"
Fuck off, ME2 was the beginning of the decline.
>>
>>381319608
he was just turbocuck
>>
File: loghain.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
loghain.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>381319608
Saren was cartoonish as fuck, and pretty fucking dump

>Look this ancient tentacled machine is sleeping
>let's wake it up what can go wrong?

The last good relatable villain Bioware ever wrote was this fucker
>>
>>381321015
a thousand times this
>>
>>381319608
>Did he do anything wrong?
Yes, that's why he was a villain. Is he sympathetic? Yes, in a way, that's why he gets an opportunity for redemption. But was he heroic, should he have won? No.
>>
>>381321015
More like

>this ancient tentacled machine WILL wake up eventually
>maybe if it wakes up to breakfast and a blowjob it wont kill us all
>I mean... Atleast it wont kill me
>R-Right...?
>>
>>381321015
inb4 Loghain apologists screaming that he did nothing wrong.
>Outlawing the only people who can defeat the Archdemon and sending assassins after them
>Forgetting that Blight exists and starting a civil war, because apparently he didn't find a better time for it.
>Making Howe his right hand man and allowing him to get away with everything he got away with.
>Selling elves into slavery, something that even racist noblemen think is monstrous.
>Raising his bitch of a daughter into a complete cunt
>>
>>381321476
I always killed him in battle or let the blonde cuck kill him, even if he plays the victim card at the end and there's a path to redemption for him, it's not worth it. BUT the thought of the setting being medieval and that all that shit can be seen as somewhat normal in said setting should also be used as a role playing perspective too.
>>
>>381321476
relatable doesn't mean forgivable anon, he's a war criminal, although being condemned to fight monsters and demons for the order he tried to destroy until death isn't such a bad punishment.
>>
>>381321804
Being a Grey Warden is an honor, not a punishment, and he didn't really deserve this honor. Also, conscripting him costs you Alistair, who is a total bro.
>>
>>381322040
>an Honor
Yeah, but not every gray warden is honorable, even duncan was a piece of shit before being one
>a bro
He is a manchild who instantly turns on you for a selfish desire of vengeance over the duty he swore to accomplish and he couldn't even finish the job by doing so since Loghain ends up living even if he does.
>>
File: Mass-Effect-Saren[1].jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mass-Effect-Saren[1].jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>381320475
think you mean megacock

Nobody cucked Saren
>>
>>381321434
Don't make me think about Saren giving a blowjob to a robotic squid, that's gay as fuck
>>
File: FFXIV_Gilgamesh_Render (1).jpg (165KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_Gilgamesh_Render (1).jpg
165KB, 1080x720px
>>381319608
>Funny
>Good looking
>Actually fights
>Even somewhat relatable
>Quite literally did nothing wrong, everything he did was technically lawful
>>
>>381319608
Yes, Pagan in Farcry 4 was probably the best villain in recent memory imo.
>>
>>381319608
>>381319892
But he was a terrible villain as was Sovereign.
>>
>>381323005
To be fair, ME2 and 3 kinda ruined sovereign with how ridiculously bad the reapers were portrayed after ME1
>IAM HURRBINGER DURR I'LL TALK YOU TO DEATH WHILE YOU SHOOT ME
>MUH CTHULHU SKYNET!
>>
>>381319608
The original mass effect should have been about Saren and Nihlus investigating the Reapers and testing/training Shepherd to become a Spectre. One of them, either or, should have been a party member (probably Nihlus)

This would have made it all the more dramatic when Saren betrays you and gives Nihlus a Baltimore City Crown at the start of Mass Effect 2
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.