[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have series whose first installment is set in the future,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 225x225px
>have series whose first installment is set in the future, has okay gameplay
>second installment is a prequel, but it has better gameplay

Which do you go for first? Do you progressively work up to the better game, so you're not spoiled from the better game mechanics, or do you play it according to the story which would help avoid spoilers?
>>
Release order, how is that even a question?
>>
File: 1478574840175.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1478574840175.gif
458KB, 256x256px
How do you know which one has better gameplay if you haven't played either?
>>
I just play the better game, I never really cared about story in video games and I still don't. If I like it, I'll usually go and play the others but I won't force myself to play a game I don't like for 'story'.
>>
>>381315407

I took a brief glimpse at the wikipedia pages for each. When the "prequel" improves mechanics like getting rid of RNG, better balancing enemies and bosses to neither be pushovers nor damage sponges, I'd consider that an improvement.
>>
>>381315590
now post the wikipedia article, otherwise you're full of shit
>>
>>381315209
You play Lufia 2 before Lufia 1.
Avoiding the story spoilers is more important to your enjoyment of the series than having to go backwards mechanically to play the first game after the 2nd.
>>
>>381315719

Dang, you made that guess quickly. I didn't even mention the games.
>>
>>381315209
If the first game is about uncovering the truth about the past, then you are spoilered by playing prequel first.
>>
>>381316076
There just aren't many series that the statements are true for.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.