[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would you rank Pokemon at on an all-time best games list?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Where would you rank Pokemon at on an all-time best games list? Top 100? Top 50? Top 10?
>>
Top 100 lists tend to list actual video games, not entire franchises. If you meant to say "a pokemon game" or "the best pokemon game" then not anywhere near the top 50 that's for sure.
>>
>>381311524
Red/Blue is in the top 10 all time for sure.
>>
>>381311524
Crystal may be on top 100 at best if only for nostalgia and appreciation for the coding.
>>
>>381312287
Why?
>>
pokemon is braindead easy and you only unlock the stuff that the dedicated player base actually plays it for after you slog through the campaign
Who the fuck even enjoys these games? I don't want to rematch the same Ai faggots over and over when I should have infinite rare candies and go straight to online.
>>
>>381312537
Set the bar for handheld games and had a huge impact on gaming in general.
>>
>>381312642
Did it really "set the bar?" It was ultimately just another RPG but with an inventive critter fighting gimmick. It was in the right place at the right time but it didn't accomplish that much. Please explain why you think the game is good and please just pick one instead of obliging the gimmicky 'two games are one' crap.
>>
>>381312941
Is there a game older than 87 with monster battling and capturing?
>>
>>381313574
Just because you're first doesn't mean you're best
>>
>>381312642
>Set the bar for handheld games
As if that's anything to aspire to. It's like being proud of being the tallest midget.
>>
Probably top 5
>>
I wouldn't.
>>
File: 1484926680878.png (83KB, 194x230px) Image search: [Google]
1484926680878.png
83KB, 194x230px
The only pokemon game I'd put in maybe top 50 is Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold.

The rest don't even make top 100.
>>
Not that high
I think Pokemon is the basic bitch of JRPGs
>>
I could see heartgold/soulsilver and emerald somewhere between 100 and 70 and B2W2 in the top 60
>>
On an 'most iconic' or 'most successful' list sure it'd be right up there, but those games aren't really what you'd call fun or interesting or replayable or 'good'.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
number one on that list is dark souls obviously best game ever for real gamers
>>
I don't know about "best" but "influential" is another story
>>
>>381311524
It's actually pretty fucking boring though I'd place it somewhere in my top 100 if I need filler.
>>
File: 1.png (77KB, 495x398px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
77KB, 495x398px
>>381311524
That depends.
The real question is : Does this include the new pokemon games? Or just the old ones before they tried making 3d models.
>>
>>381311524
On my personal list of favorites, sure, the entirety of the franchise would be right at the top. On a "best games of all times" list though, they should hardly even be in the top 50.
>>
Pokemon Platinum being the best one would be around 70 or 80. Solely because of it's god tier soundtrack. The greatest game of all time is
Blood
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.