[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>N. Sane Trilogy does well enough that Naughty Dog decides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9589.jpg (40KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9589.jpg
40KB, 194x259px
>N. Sane Trilogy does well enough that Naughty Dog decides to buy the Crash series back from Vicarious Visions
>They come out with new Crash games that retcon all of the games made since CTR, and all the annoying and unnecessary characters like Crunch and Nina no longer exist
Would modern Naughty Dog make them as good as the original Crash trilogy, or at the very least miles better than all the shovelware entries in the series?
>>
>>381304160
Don't care, just want my CTR remaster.
>>
I still find it weird that the studio who made crash also made tlou
>>
I hoped this thread dies without replies, but oh well.

Wishing for the retcon of Twinsanity is a crime, punishable by stoning around these parts.
>>
File: 1407800246520.jpg (26KB, 310x295px) Image search: [Google]
1407800246520.jpg
26KB, 310x295px
>>381304905
I hope VV has learned since Nitro Kart but that was nowhere near as good as CTR
>>
I doubt modern Naughty Dog wants anything to do with Crash and most of the people there who made Crash any good are probably long gone.

It's like saying you want Rare to make another Banjo. Move on.
>>
>>381304160
>Would modern Naughty Dog make them as good as the original Crash trilogy
No.
>or at the very least miles better than all the shovelware entries in the series?
Technically speaking probably, but they would be wholly lacking in charm and humor.
>>
>>381305635
This. Naughty Dog is probably filled with newfags nowadays!
>>
>>381304905
THIS
>>
>Naughty Dog makes critical darlings and money makers on the regular
>Would they buy back this franchise that's last shred of relevancy was when they last touched it over 15 years ago

Fucking retards should think before thry ask. Besides it would be up to Sony, not Naughty Dog

>>381305635
>>381306118
They still have a lot of people from the Jak and Daxter days though
>>
>>381304160
Naughty dog doesn't want anything that doesn't seem "mature", Jak and Daxter is about as far as they're willing to go into slapstick these days so don't count on that. You'd be more likely to see insomniac take spyro back.
>>
>>381304160
Keep naughty dog away from Crash. How fucking dumb are you?
>>
>>381306660
Yea and the fucking retards couldnt figure out how to make Jak 4. Fuck modern ND
>>
>>381304160
By Crash 3 Naughy Dog were clearly bored. They crammed a bunch of other mechanics into the game to make things interesting but their heart wasn't in it anymore.

One thing you have to say about Naughty Dog, they don't rest on their laurels. Uncharted is an aberration for having four installments before they laid the franchise to rest.

They aren't interested in running their IP into the ground. That's why they'll never make another Crash game.
>>
>>381307718
No they didn't want to make Jak 4 and made TLOU instead
>B-but they were talking about it

They drew some shit up and talked some hypotheticals before realising nobody cares about this series anymore
>>
I'd like to see VV to remake Crash WoC with new stuff similar to Sonic Mania.

>More complete story because the original story was going to be more ambitious and larger
>Missing stages and concepts added back
>More actual platforming levels to balance out the gimmick stages
>1 or 2 new worlds with new levels or mixed with old levels
>Give the previous bosses a actual purpose rather than just stage hazards - Make them into actual minibosses
>>
>>381308416
No, they wanted to make Jak into some cinematic realistic feels-fest, but realized that fans don't want that so they scrapped it. They didn't even think of making a light-hearted adventure like the originals.
>>
>>381307020
>You'd be more likely to see insomniac take spyro back.
You've gotta be kidding, Spyro is tied to one of the biggest moneymakers alongside COD and Blizzard trash for Activision. The chances of Spyro ever being involved in anything remotely interesting again are 0%.
>>
File: the-lost-legacy-feat[1].jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-lost-legacy-feat[1].jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>381308073
>before they laid the franchise to rest.
>They aren't interested in running their IP into the ground
I have some bad news for you. If you actually thought Naughty Dog had some creative integrity or were interested in anything other than milking cash out of people who care solely about graphics, then I'm afraid you were mistaken.
>>
>>381308993
>conflating '90s ND with 2017 ND
Most of the people there right now weren't there 20 years ago.
>>
>>381309146
The man specifically mentioned Uncharted as a series that was "laid to rest". I never particularly cared for Crash or any Naughty Dog game outside of Jak and Daxter really, but the Uncharted series is like the epitome of everything I hate about modern video games. One of the most boring things I've ever played.
>>
>>381309389
I think Uncharted is fun. I was actually kind of disappointed that 4 was (supposedly) the last one, because they had finally addressed all the gameplay complaints I had about the original trilogy, only to end Drake's story.

So Lost Legacy mite b cool
But the concept is kind of weird. I have no idea why those two characters would team up or what the hell they're even doing, but if it retains the same gameplay as 4 at least it'll be fun.
>>
>>381304160
>Naughty Dog decides to buy the Crash series back from Vicarious Visions
kill yourself you plebbian shithead, it's the publishers that own crash not the developers. naughty dog has never owned crash it was always universal's
>>
>>381308993
DLC that was padded out into another game doesn't count, at least not to me.

You can claim I'm splitting hairs, but eh.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.