[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Konami >get rid of Kojima >retain rights to Metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: ogp_top.jpg (32KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
ogp_top.jpg
32KB, 1200x640px
>be Konami
>get rid of Kojima
>retain rights to Metal Gear series
>have to make a new MG game to keep people interested in the brand and convince them it's still cool even without Kojima
>perfect chance to go to Platinum to make MGR2
>"nah let's just make a zombie survival shooter"
>>
Konami always does the opposite of what would be best. They've been doing that since the PS2 era.
>>
>>381300728
When's Caramel suicide stream?
>>
>>381300946
Who the fuck is Caramel and why do I keep hearing about this?
>>
File: 1496398175590m.jpg (137KB, 963x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496398175590m.jpg
137KB, 963x1024px
>>381301034
some tranny tripfag desperate for annother mgs game, who would derail mgs threads about "the real mgs5" so just normal tripfag stuff
>>
>>381300728
> reminder that a ores-based pachinco game is considered a legitimate source of lore in the Castlevania universe
>>
File: 1494199383652.jpg (61KB, 750x662px) Image search: [Google]
1494199383652.jpg
61KB, 750x662px
>>381301034
>Kojima never left Konami
>Death Stranding is actually PT
>MGSV Chapter 3 is coming

Faggot double downed on the idea that it would all be revealed at E3 and that we were blind and retarded for refusing to see the truth

He's now on suicide watch
>>
>>381300728
>perfect chance to go to Platinum to make MGR2
uh, maybe they did? Platinum has a lot on their plate at any given time
>>
I don't really care about MGS. But I'll never forgive Konami for what they did on Suikoden, ZOE and Castlevania. I've never seen a company so thoroughly destroy their own IPs except Disney who is now bending over backwards to kill all its animated movies with live action remakes.
>>
File: project-x-zone.jpg (282KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
project-x-zone.jpg
282KB, 1000x887px
>>381301872
>Suikoden, ZOE and Castlevania

Konami's problem was they realized they weren't big enough anymore to really stand on anything except PES and MGS. That's why you've also seen other developers that, for example, made JRPGs in the past simply bail out of them. Because they weren't as big as Squeenix so in their mind it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>381302260

>Konami's problem was they realized they weren't big enough anymore to really stand on anything except PES and MGS.
No, that's what they thought. But those games made plenty of money. Spending $200 million to make one MGS game that sells 5 million copies is actually losing money compared to making 30 other small to medium size games that sell between 200,000-500,000 copies each. This is the same stupid hole SquareEnix fell down into and just now is crawling out of.
>>
>>381302519
Yeah, but you need there's a matter of manpower as well. You could spread those people on couple of smaller projects that may or may not succeed OR you could put them all on a surefire hit. Not to mention publishers everywhere are averse to risk.
>>
>>381300728
perfect chance to remake MG1 and MG2
>>
>>381303223
Perfect chance for you to pay the microtransactions of MG Survive.
Konami will simply drop out of the videogame industry.
>>
>implying Kojima didn't start this zombie game
He probably even sucked Daryl's cock
>>
>>381302610

Konami isn't just a game producer. Most of the games they 'made' were done by outside freelancers or secondary companies and they just published them. And when you have 20 guys working on a Castlevania game that costs $500,000 to make, that's a fucking bargain. Compared to the 2,000 people who work on a $200 million dollar movie like MGS.
>>
>>381303407
But MGS cost less than half of that.
Hell, MGSV made more than twice it's budget in launch day.
>>
>>381303364
Kojima literally said he has nothing to do with MG Survive.
>>
>>381304792
Kojima says a lot of things
>>
>>381304652

>But MGS cost less than half of that.
How much did it cost to produce? Also, is your figure factoring in advertising and publishing costs, or just development costs?

>Hell, MGSV made more than twice it's budget in launch day.
No one is disputing MGS games make money. We all know they do. The question is, does on MGS game, which takes years and tons of resources to make, generate more profit than dozens of smaller games combined.

Back in the NES-PS1 days, Konami was the absolute king of quantity of product. Then in one decade, they went from having dozens of series and producing games like rabbits to focusing on just two series. Then they left the game industry. Seems like their strategy didn't work.
>>
>>381304901
>h-he's lying
Nice argument.
>>
>>381304904
Sounds they should stop killing their franchises.
>>
>>381305053
Why do you think this is an argument?
>>
>>381304904
Most publishers, not just Konami, have dropped the number of series they make drastically as well
The only publishers who are actually releasing dozens of games a year are ones like devolver digital and adult swim games who focus on indie games
>>
Has there been ANY news at all about Survive since that first trailer?

I haven't heard a damn thing.
Cancelled after nobody gave a shit?
>>
>>381301034
Summer
>>
>>381306020
preview build at e3
>>
>>381305784

>Most publishers, not just Konami, have dropped the number of series they make drastically as well
Agreed. But the smart developers are changing that strategy. Companies like Atlus and Namco have switched back to the old model of making more series at a lower cost. Sega and Capcom have recently announced they're heading in that direction too, wanting to revive multiple old IPs and create new ones. And even SquareEnix has started to make the switch.

Konami was just full of stubborn idiots. And it paid the price for it. Perhaps it is because of Konami that all the other companies are making this switch.
>>
>>381306020
I actually want that game. If it plays anything like TPP i'll certainly have fun with it.
>>
>>381306103
Did anyone play it?

I follow a lot of people who were at E3 as press and not a single one of them even mentioned Survive.
>>
>>381306136
I don't think Konami care much about video games in general when pachinko is so profitable
>>
>>381306193
You must be living under a rock as there were quite a few articles by gaming sites and individuals exclaiming their suprise that they found it fun and not shit as they were expecting it to be.
>>
File: castlemania.jpg (38KB, 585x372px) Image search: [Google]
castlemania.jpg
38KB, 585x372px
>>381306387

Obviously they don't. The press release they came out with blatantly said that. But its also short sighted. SquareEnix makes far more money with its investments in music, movies and anime. But that doesn't mean they should just drop the billions they make in game software. Konami on the other hand had no choice. They ran their gaming department into the ground. They didn't voluntarily give it up. After the fact, they claimed "Well we didn't care about games anyway." Which is the Japanese saving face way of saying "We fucked up."
>>
>>381306193
Even that YongYea guy, who is the biggest pedaller in the "#fuckkonami" movement, thought it was good from the brief moment he played it.
>>
>>381307386

>Even that YongYea guy, who is the biggest pedaller in the "#fuckkonami" movement
Bullshit. I'm the biggest proponent of that movement. I've been saying fuck Konami since 2004.
>>
>>381300728
Metal Gear Rising is trash, I hope there never is a 2.
>>
>>381300728
>be Konami
>get rid of Kojima
Top kek, you are literally delusional if you believe this.
>>
>>381307921
Lol
>>
>>381308542
Why haven't you killed yourself yet Caramel?
>>
>>381307921
Fuck you and your shitty taste buddy.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.