[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 18 >play DMC3 >fight through having to start missions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Dmc3box.jpg (25KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dmc3box.jpg
25KB, 250x319px
>be 18
>play DMC3
>fight through having to start missions over again when I die and end up making it one of my favourite games of all time
>be 27
>play Bloodborne
>getting super frustrated with having to start area over again when I die to the point where I don't want to play anymore.

what's the big difference between DMC3 and bloodborne that made me persevere with one but quit the other?
>>
>>381299097
DMC3 is much more focused around the core combat mechanics whereas Soulsborne is more about the overall "experience". Also BB is a lot more stats-focused than people like to admit, the speed of your weapon and your vitality stat can make a lot of difference, DMC3 does have upgrades but ultimately it's just about gitting gud.
>>
>>381299097
Because the CORE gameplay is meant to be fun, the entire game is built around you doing stlyish combos and having ridiculous fun, story is there to give some background meaning.

Souls isn't about stylish fast gameplay, it's about getting through things eventually. It has a stamina bar to pace you unlike DMC where it says "the only thing holding your power back is your own skill"
>>
>>381299097
>Dying in DMC3
>Dying in Souls Shit

The problem is that you're too inept for video games.
>>
>>381299097
You weren't trash at video games when you were younger
>>
>>381300636
burn
>>
>>381299097
It's all about gameplay. Bloodborne is just a rip-off of a bad game with bad gameplay (all that rolling stuff is hilarious). DMC 3 is smoothie af so you don't feel overwhelmed by playing it.
>>
Let's get this out of the way:

Bayonetta is shit and depthless
Ninja Gaiden is shit and allows no freedom
Devil May Cry is shit and a punching bag simulator

Which is your favorite?
>>
>>381301838
DmC
>>
>>381301838
>i have to come up with something for NG
>>
>>381303519
Ninja Gaiden really doesn't allow any freedom that Bayonetta and DMC do, but I can tell it's your favorite. I like it a lot, too.
>>
>>381304062
This is 100% bullshit.
>>
>>381304234
You have played all three franchises, haven't you?
>>
>>381304359
Yes, have you?

Maybe you should explain in detail what you mean instead of throwing out a buzzword.
>>
>>381304473
Same to you.
>>
>>381304519
Yeah that's what i thought.
>>
>>381304746
Listen, I don't care at all about whatever your point is. But you clearly do. So why don't you explain? You clearly have something in mind if you say that Ninja Gaiden has just as many options and freedom as Bayonetta, let alone DMC, if you're so contradictory to it.
>>
>>381304824
No faggot, the onus is on you. YOU stated that Ninja Gaiden has no freedom, now YOU explain in detail what YOU mean by that.
>>
>>381299097
The difference is you're 27 now and subconsciously are adverse to taking time to git gud because you have more important things to do but not nearly the energy you once had
>>
>>381304976
So you have nothing either and we're a couple o chucklefucks having a back n forth.
>>
No idea but repeating levels in DMC3 is a massive chore because they are all really easy and mindless.
>>
>>381305060
You were the one to make a claim with no arguments to support it. I'll telling you to support your claim.

It's that simple. You don't because you literally can't.
>>
>>381305530
You are mad as all hell. The question is why? In Bayonetta alone you have way more moves than Ninja Gaiden. With the way you can juggle enemies and use the variety of skills that aren't weapon bound to form interesting combos is already far more than you can do in Ninja Gaiden. Even then you can add the accessories to bring in gimmicks to further complicate things to levels beyond what's available in any NG. Then you have the Dodge Offsetting and combo offsetting where you start a combo string with one weapon set, then switch to another weapon set midcombo and continue the string seamlessly. Then you have Dodge Offsetting and Taunt Offsetting, where taunting already changes the flow and enrages enemies and changes their stun properties and aggression levels. I don't even need to mention Devil May Cry. Ninja Gaiden is shallow as a puddle compared to Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. Calm your 'tism.
>>
>>381305001
It's this OP. Gitting gud is not an economical use of your time now that you're 27.

Stuff like this makes me thing that I wouldn't be too sad if DMC5 never happens because I will never git gud at DMC ever again
>>
>>381305798
First of all

> In Bayonetta alone you have way more moves than Ninja Gaiden

Starting off with a complete lie. A single weapon from Sigma 2 or Razor's Edge will have more moves then the entirety of all Bayonetta's combo list.

Secondly

>muh CAWNBOWS
muh CAWNBOWS
>muh CAWNBOWS
muh CAWNBOWS
>muh CAWNBOWS
muh CAWNBOWS
>muh CAWNBOWS
muh CAWNBOWS

I don't remember the argument being about which game is the most focused on combos. As expected you show your true colors with this combo autism. How does this stop NG from having "freedom"?
>>
>>381306363
Are you that same guy from that other thread who was angry that anybody wanted to do anything but kill enemies with the utmost efficiency

Please continue because I am 100% emotionally uninvested in the argument and I'll read a thesis if you want to write one
>>
>>381305001
>>381306191
I think you're both right, but I dunno. I've been playing other hard games recently and didn't have problems putting the time in to get gud. It's just I don't get why I'm having different reactions to two of the same situations. I even replayed DMC3 recently and didn't mind learning it all again or repeating levels, but then again I was replaying an old save file with everything unlocked.
>>
>>381306841
You've already sunk the cost into getting good at DMC3, those old synaptic links still exist somewhere.
>>
>>381306482
>pfff look how little i care pffff

Genuinely pathetic.
>>
>>381305798
>With the way you can juggle enemies and use the variety of skills that aren't weapon bound to form interesting combos
Kek like clockwork. Always the combotards
>>
>>381299097
Dante doesn't move like he's underwater for one
>>
>guy jokingly shits on the three usual suspects to get it out of the way so people can actually talk about video games
>ninja gaiden fan has to a pick a real fight anyway because his favourite game is perfect
>>
>>381308784
You forgot the part where he unironically used "le freedum cawmbos xDDD " as an argument against NG
>>
>>381308919
fuck off retard
>>
>>381308940
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>381299097
>what's the big difference between DMC3 and bloodborne that made me persevere with one but quit the other?

One runs at silky smooth 60fps while the other struggles to keep 30fps constant and also having shit frametimes.
>>
>>381300589
>the only thing holding your power back is your own skill
DMC while doesn't have a stamina bar still very much restrictive not allowing you to cancel a lot of animations
>>
>>381308313
>muh DMC autistic combos
>muh DMCsandbag simulator

lmao, always the same shallow complaint from NGfags. Look, we get it, you'd rather have le cool gory cinematic finishers than player agency. In a genre where gameplay is first and foremost, actually complaining about how the game lets you go balls to the wall with the combat, i.e. the most important part of the game, is fucking retarded.
>>
>>381307159
What it is is that we who are interested primarily in the core gameplay are sub/consciously recognizing gameplay systems/tropes that are being reused in the newer games we play. This results in us feeling that we're retreading old gameplay, that there's nothing new to enjoy learning.
>>
>>381309505
>DMC while doesn't have a stamina bar still very much restrictive not allowing you to cancel a lot of animations
But souls games do? The fuck am I reading.
>>
>>381309807
i am not comparing to souls

just saying it's not all complete freedom to cancel anything into everything
>>
>>381299097
bloodborne felt like I had to work 10x harder than I did in games like dmc3, that's why it got frustrating.

plus, the resources used up on a previous run had to be regathered.
>>
File: 1379958334361.gif (775KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1379958334361.gif
775KB, 320x240px
>>381309865
What a fag, what a fag, WHAT A FUCKING FLYING FAGGOT YOU ARE.

>>381299097
>what's the big difference between DMC3 and bloodborne that made me persevere with one but quit the other?
>>381300589
>my post explaining how they are different
>>381309505
>your post saying, b-b-but dmc doesn't give you absolute freedom
>>381309807
>my post telling you are a moron
Which leads us to THIS
>>381309865
>i am not comparing to souls
THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD REPLYING TO EITHER ME OR OP!?
IS the title "does DMC give ultimate freedom"?
HUUUUUH?!
God you piece of shit, READ before you comment. NOBODY gives a shit about your dribble you piss out without any though!
>>
>>381310453
I cringed
>>
>>381301838
what a retarded post.
>>
>>381311003
what's so retarded about it anon?
>>
File: 1497174547790.png (45KB, 269x181px) Image search: [Google]
1497174547790.png
45KB, 269x181px
>never played souls before
>play bloodborne
>die on first boss twice
>don't enjoy the gameplay enough to try and get good
>quit
reminds me of old nes games
>>
>>381299097
No one likes to admit it but many of the soulsborne deaths are just because, inevitable outcomes for random bullshit, and that is no fun. In DMC3 your deaths are due to you being a slow little shit that needs to practice. Also the hidden rooms were fun as fuck, they help the player to improve their skills a lot in a flashy way instead of throwing the player to random almost-hopeless situation and try to defend such flaw with a GIT GUD.
>>
I came here to say that the missile mission in Bayo is fucking awful
I thought it was great on my first playthrough, but now that i'm trying to plat this mission, i realized how fucking shit it is
That aside Bayo is nice
>>
>>381300601
>the pro gamer meme on /v/
when you brag about being good at game son /v/ it's time to kys
>>
>>381314942
A retard with no reading comprehension on /v/? What an unexpected turn of events.
>>
Because DMC3 is fun, complete game and Bloodborne is just a dickwaving competition to see who could put up with the most half-finished bullshit.
>>
You're just older and realizing video games are largely a waste of precious time that should be committed to bettering your life.
>>
File: eliza sleeping.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
eliza sleeping.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>381311172
I have the exact same story. It just isn't a fun game
>>
>>381299097
The fact that you are jaded as fuck.
>>
>>381310453
lel

i came back four hours later and you wrote this

>>381313449
>I thought it was great on my first playthrough, but now that i'm trying to plat this mission
pay attention

there are TWO buttons for both regular shots and missiles (you did knew about missiles?)

literally just mash 2 buttons and do circular motion
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.