[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this years ago. Couldn't really get into it. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg (95KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_Prime_Trilogy.jpg
95KB, 256x360px
I bought this years ago. Couldn't really get into it. I don't like Wii remotes. I was confused on where to go and what to do. It just felt kind of clunky. I love Nintendo games. I own a game cube Wii(Wii u emulated) Wii U and Switch. I've owned every Nintendo console at one point or another.

This is supposed to be such an amazing game but the snes version seems better. What am I missing? Should I start over and try again ?
>>
Does the Wii U version offer Gamepad control?
>>
>>381273986
I'm pretty sure it's just the Wii version running in Wii mode on your Wii U, so probably not.
>>
>>381273986
Are you suggesting Op buys the game again just for a different controller option or are you asking for yourself?
>>
Pretty sure there isn't an SNES version of Metroid Prime.
Buy Prime 1 and 2 on GC, skip Prime 3.
Motion control was never a good idea.
As for being confused on where to go and what to do? It's impossible unless you've disabled the hint system, and even then it isn't a particularly complicated game.
>>
>>381273836
>I was confused on where to go and what to do.
If the gameplays not clicking with you then go play Zero Mission.

It's a remake of the first Metroid game and is made to help ease new players into the series. It'll familiarize you with the staples of the series and how its gameplay works, not to mention its easier to navigate a two dimensional labyrinth than a three dimensional one.

Afterwards go ahead and play Super Metroid if you're still interested after Zero Mission. It's the same gameplay style and widely considered the best game in the series, and one of the best games of all time. It's also the game that all future Metroids are built off of, like Ocarina of Time is to the Zelda franchise.

If you're into the series by that point then go replay the Trilogy, you'll have a much easier time with it. If you're not, sell it because it's worth a good amount of money.
>>
>>381273836
>confused on where to go and what to do
>snes version seems better
If you're getting lost in Prime, which gives you waypoints telling you where to go next, you won't have a great time with Super Metroid.

Also yeah Wii controls suck, try the original Gamecube versions.
>>
>>381273836
I know exactly what you mean, waggle controls killed any enjoyment I could've had from this series.
>>
The Wii remotes really take some getting used to. The best way to play this game is on advanced sensitivity and a suitable distance from the screen so you don't get spun around. The Z button is your friend; it holds the screen in place like a frame and allows you to aim arcade light gun style without stuff wobbling all over.

Another thing, the remote aiming and the arm cannon movement on the screen is not 1:1. Forget actually pointing at enemies. Imagine the remote as a mouse and the TV is a mousepad, just track the movements on screen and match your wrist movements accordingly. You'll do much better than if you actually try and point at enemies.

It sucks that the controls turn people off from such a great game but if you can figure out how to be comfortable with them and take my advice to heart I hope you can get drawn back in. Metroid Prime 2 in particular is my favorite, I would recommend that game to anyone.

TL;DR

>find ideal distance between you and sensor bar / tv
>treat remote like a mouse and use high sensitivity with smaller gestures

Enjoy Metroid Prime, if you can get into it, you will experience one of the coolest sci-fi single player experiences ever made.
>>
>>381274795
Then play the Gamecube version.
>>
>>381274807
>Imagine the remote as a mouse and the TV is a mousepad, just track the movements on screen and match your wrist movements accordingly. You'll do much better than if you actually try and point at enemies.
Is this why people are complaining about the controls? They're trying to actually point? I just started Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii and feel that it's way more comfortable than trying to play an FPS with a stick.
>>
Motion plus version has superior controls deal with it. Yes super metroid is better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.