[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it still to hack one of these? What all can a hacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: whatbox-wiiconsole.png (162KB, 380x364px) Image search: [Google]
whatbox-wiiconsole.png
162KB, 380x364px
Is it worth it still to hack one of these? What all can a hacked one do? I'm assuming free games/gamecube games/cirtual console games? They're cheap as dirt now.
>>
>>381273249
the wii mini isn't hackable. no wifi. no sd slot.
>>
>>381273428
LMFAOOOOO
>>
>>381273249
wii mini best console ever
free 3ds games free wiiu games free consoles
best console ever
>>
>>381273428
This. It's a shitheap that can ONLY play Wii discs. That's it. Just get a used first gen Wii.
>>
>>381273698
White and stands up vertically. Only older ones can play Gamecube games because they have the ports and a different disc drive that can read them.
>>
>>381273249
Get a wii u.
>>
Just buy a Wii off Craigslist. I bought one for 13 bucks on there.
>>
>>381273428
I mean OG Wiis are cheap too, just needed a pic for the thread.

>>381274168
I have a Wii U but I'm not looking to hack that until I can get my hands on a switch. Is the Wii U btfo already?
>>
>>381275062
You can just hack the virtual wii.
>>
>>381274168
Also a big appeal of the Wii is the virtual console, which the Wii U lacks severely in.
>>
>>381275062
There is no reason you shouldn't have your Wii U already hacked.
>>
>>381275062
you can hack you Wii u and keep it so you have to boot into hacked mode manually if you still want to have it normal
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (23KB, 430x397px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
23KB, 430x397px
>I have my Wii from 2008, just hacked like two months ago
>Still haven't finish all of the GC and Wii games

Feels fucking GOOD
>>
>>381273249
Dolphin is better since you can increase the resolution. But if you have a wii then why not.
>>
>>381275265
You do know you can still play all the Wii VC games on the Wii U, right? The Wii U has its own store with games that are compatible with the gamepad, but everything from the Wii still works if you boot it from the appropriate menu.
>>
Can a hacked Wii U play GameCube ISO or VC titles? (Don't mind the lack of controller ports)
Or should I get a Wii used and hack it
>>
>>381275840
>tfw your wii is double hacked because it was soft-modded and before that it had a modchip installed into it as well.
>>
>>381276254
Wii U can boot Wii menu and do standard Wii hacks like Gamecube ISO plays and etc.from external drives.
Nintendont on WiiU can read WiiU Gamecube adapter and you can map buttons on any other controller WiiU can use.
>>
>>381273249
A wii mini hasn't be useful since club nintendo closed down.
>>
>>381274168
>>381275062
>>381275265
>>381275374
my wii u has been doing nothing but collecting dust for a while now, what advantages are there to hacking it?? and how 'hard' is it to do?
>>
Gotta love the Wii Mini. Made like 2000$ off that badboy.
>>
>>381276948
Free games
Hacking Wii mode also gives you free Wii games and Gamecube backwards compatibility.
Emulation through Retroarch
Custom Virtual Console for semi-good N64 emulation
>>
>>381273249
Wasn't there some kind of controversy with the wii mini a while back?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-05-18 06.06.31.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-18 06.06.31.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>hacked launch Wii, did wonders for years
>drive stopped reading dual-layer discs, but no big deal, already have everything on USB
>GCN USB loading gets big, use devolution because my GCN library is massive, get to play F-ZERO AX on my Wii
>fast-forwardto today, have a beefy computer that can run dolphin flawlessly and have a dolphinbar and Wii U GCN controller adapter for perfect controller emulation
It's like the Wii itself grew with me as time moved on.
>>
Did anyone here had problems to make the guitar work in Guitar hero3 on a hacked wii? Mine only worked sometimes, i rmemebed reading it had something to do with the cios
>>
>>381277994
Can you recommend a bluetooth dongle for wiimotes?
>>
>>381273249

literally just soft modded my wii u today. playing paper mario thousand year door with the wii u pro controller
>>
>>381278627
Get the mayflash dolphin bar.

Getting a BT dongle that supports the right software/firmware or whatever is meh even when you get it working. I have a generic dongle and its annoying compared to the dolphinbar and wii u pro adapter that just werk
>>
File: youcannotremario.png (1020KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
youcannotremario.png
1020KB, 1280x850px
>>381277957

see >>381276896

Wii Minis were glorious free club nintendo coins at the end of the program's life because their entry code was just their serial number, which was clearly visible on most auctions of the device. They also had no limit on the number you could register.

Everyone feared that nintendo would figure out people weren't REALLY buying 20 wii minis and do something, but they never did. Everyone just got their free shit and then nintendo rewards were never worth it again.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.