[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ hates when politics are in games >/v/ also loves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>/v/ hates when politics are in games
>/v/ also loves deus ex and mgs
>>
Whoa nigga, its as if /v/ is an image board filled with individuals with wildly diverse oppinions
>>
They use geopolitical drama as staging, not the core function. You aren't being beaten in the head with it.

also
>>381263721
>>
>>381263581
The great thing about games MGS and Deus Ex is they aren't explictly right wing or left wing, Warren Spector even said this himself about the original DX. They raise issues that everyone can relate to.
>>
Deus ex and MGS don't interrupt all conversations to shove their messages down your throat and calling you a tool when you say you don't give a shit about their retarded rambling.
>>
There's a huge difference between in-game politics and allusions to real-life politics.
>>
>>381265015
are you retarded?
>>
It's almost as if deus ex and mgs are good games in despite of the politics.....
>>
File: bravo kojima.jpg (489KB, 1920x2232px) Image search: [Google]
bravo kojima.jpg
489KB, 1920x2232px
>>381263581
MGS at large is predicting future events and ideaology
>>
>>381265334
The bottom picture seems to be taken out of context. They were given headsets for an event demo, and Mark was conducting the panel. A photoagrapher took a picture of the panelist walking in the aisle with event atendees and press for this feature.
>>
Deus Ex wasn't political. What politics were the devs pushing? Within the game there was all kind of shit and you had choice a lot of the time so yeah it's a big difference when the devs actually push some bullshit they believe in. Also originally the game let you stay with UNATCO.
>>
File: mgs2fagswilldefendthis.jpg (302KB, 2160x2156px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2fagswilldefendthis.jpg
302KB, 2160x2156px
>>381265334
>>
>>381264030
This exactly, neither game beats you over the head with some partisan bullshit. However, there actually aren't too many games that do that despite how often the subject appears on /v/, so it's not usually that big of a deal.
>>
>>381265561
>journos were provided headsets to try on
wow you fucking think?
>>
>>381263581
>conspiracies/illuminati is the same thing as pushing a political agenda
>>
>>381263581
I hate when the game itself becomes a political statement.
MGS and Deus Ex are sci fi stories. It's fictional.
>>
Because tasteful political fiction filled with concpiracy theories is preferable to interactive leftist whining?
>>
Nu /v/ ie /pol/ and r/T_D rejects only hate it when politics they disagree with is injected into their games. Just look at the weebs who gush over their vidya featuring 12 year old submissive school girls in typical gender roles, or the F:NV autists who can't find their way to /vg/ to jerk off to their fascist or anarchist dream world.
>>
>>381265965
Fictional stories can be political. 1984 is fictional, but it's clearly political.
>>
>MGS isnt about politics
no it isnt about identity politics, aka politics you hate
its core message "nukes and war is bad" is so inoffensive that no one minds being told that but dont pretend they dont smack you over the head with it in every single game
>>
>>381263581
I have never played either of those.
That said, anything can be forced as "political."
I only hate stuff that is deliberately so, not implicatively so.
E.g. someone posted a screencap of what appeared to be a reddit post arguing that Mario was a political statement because the hero is straight and white with the same going for his brother and love interest. Obviously this is reaching and forcing it to be by people who are trying to force their interpretation on something without it actually being that way, not a deliberately political statement with intent to be as such.
>>
Find me one
>one
game that has worn identity politics on its sleeve that is legitimately good.
>inb4Undertale
I mean something like the flashback shit in Horizon Zero Dawn with totally-not-Farage and generic "right side of history" woman, not anodyne lesbian fish.
>>
>>381265706
His point is it wasn't for mind control you fucking moron.
>>
>>381267323
Yes it is, the mind control is not literal. It's the age of everything being ruled by Facebook, Amazon, Google, and all the giant corporations. Gotta make these dumb journos shill for VR and mine more data out of you like home robots.
>>
>>381266152

"nukes and war is bad" is not even politics it's just an obvious fact of life

no shit war is bad but it's not like everyone will just stop fighting because they "feel bad". it is necessary to fight because there is not and never will be trust
>>
>>381267982
>"nukes and war is bad" is not even politics
shut up just shut the fuck up
>>
>>381263721
clearly when op says /v/ they mean the select group of people that started and particpated heavily in goobergate
>>
>>381268070
>how to out yourself as an angsty teenager : the post
>>
>>381265610
Anyone have the version of this with vibration?
>>
>>
File: 1443575101415.jpg (16KB, 408x608px) Image search: [Google]
1443575101415.jpg
16KB, 408x608px
>>381269120
Huey literally did nothing wrong. It was all mere coincidence, and Huey is the unluckiest man alive.
>>
File: 1483151641982.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
1483151641982.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>381263581
Because those are good games.
People don't know what they want. Usually when anons complain about politics in games, the politics aren't actually the problem. You motherfuckers can be dumb as fuck.
>>
>>381265334
That a good bottom pic but I can't resist.

Woah..... Really stimulates the senses.
>>
>>381263581
Those are games about politics, not politics influencing games
>>
/v/ just doesn't like it when the politics don't align to what they believe.
>>
>>381269653
Fuck him, on my first save, i hoped that he wasn't a complete asshole, but he proved me that he was the biggest worthless piece of shit the world could ever create
>>
>>381270152
He just wanted to make metal gear anon.
>>
>>381269795
Basically this.
>>
>liking metal gear
Only a child would fucking like that trash
>>
>>381270007
Because /v/ is a person, of course.
>>
>/v/ is one person
>>
Those aren't politics. MGS and DE are conspiracy science fantasy stealth/action games made by talented people. Putting black people or gays in games just to check off a box on the corporate check list of (((marketing))) bullshit isn't politics either. It's just shitposting. The only real game a majority of dumb faggots on this planet find interesting. Being as annoying for as much attention as possible.

Many such cases!
>>
>>381269653
>Literal cuck
Otacon did all he did better and with legs
>>
>>381271180
This post is so incoherent
>>
>>381263581
Because those aren't gay shit about dumb niggers and incompetent whores saving the day.

You can get triggered all you want, but that's why.
>>
>>381270937
/v/ is full of contradictory opinions, probably even more so than most online communities. but to say /v/ doesnt tend to have overarching predilections and tendencies is nonsense
>>
>>381263581
because they played them when they were young and didnt have all sorts of hangups about political issues. To an adult both games have pretty clear political messages but to a kid they are just kind of deep and interesting. Thus they escape the current hatred of political games due to the context they were experienced in by most.

or maybe /v/ just doesnt like change and complaing about "politics" is just easier than saying "the medium that helps define me as a person is changing in subtle but important ways and is trending in a slightly different direction than i remember"

could be either
>>
Having some be bad to show off how bad his ideals are is sloppy writing
Having a bad guy with complex motives and fundamental reasoning to his motives isn't.
>>
>>381263581
Dude Sex doesn't bash you head in with an agenda either.
>>
/v/ hates politics but will try to find who were the "niggers" and the "aryan white race" of the game and will deduce "was this game redpilled because it supports white supremacy?"
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
>That guy who cant help but see politics where no one is making a political statement
>>
>>381272013
Because /v/ is a person.
>>
File: 205.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
205.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>mgs
>politics
Are you even trying
>>
>>381273654
/v/ aren't the ones who make shitty "redpill me on this /v/" and "Is this TV show redpilled?" threads.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.