[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>being excited for a 3D metroid game >literally no gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: prime 4.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prime 4.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>being excited for a 3D metroid game
>literally no gameplay shown at all and only a logo
What is the appeal to the prime series? It's just a shitty FPS with a metroid skin pasted onto it so people would buy it. I can see hype for the metroid 2 remake because it actually looks fun, but niggas are really hyping up a logo.
>>
Why is shitting on the Prime games so popular these last years? They're as good as a 3D metroid is gonna get.

A Metroid 2 remake is coming so what the fuck is there to complain about?
>>
>>381256231
Not even a developer shown.
Meaning it isn't being made by Retro.
Meaning it won't be the Metroid Prime you know and love.
Expect it to be made by Next level games or Mercury steam. Both developers you don't want touching the fucking series.
>>
>>381256523
One problem you can have with Metroid 2 remake is a fairly glaring one. It's made by Mercury steam. The murderers of the Castlevania franchise.
>>
>>381256692
Ironic that you would use that argument when talking about Metroid Prime, a series created by a new inexperienced developer with a terrible track record that looked completely different from the previous entries and almost alienated the entire fanbase.
>>
>>381256815
>>381256692
Wasn't it more Konami's fault, and Mercury Stream just did what Konami told them to do? That's what I heard anyway. What's been shown of SR's gameplay looks decent, so I don't think it'll turn out like Lords of Shadow did.
>>
>>381257403
>Wasn't it Konami's fault.
Written, Directed, and Produced by the Spanish developer Mercury steam.
So no. 10% konami's fault for contracting them to make the games. 90% Mercury steam's fault for making it completely shit.
>>381257229
Retro was basically Iguana entertainment prior to acclaim taking the studio and The main people behind the studio joined forces with Nintendo to make Retro. Which made such classics as Aero the Acro-Bat 1 & 2, NBA Jam, and Turok 1 & 2.
I believe that have a pretty fucking stellar track record.

Mercury Steam on the other hand. Yeah. They haven't made shit. Look at them with the same disdain you would look at Ninja Theory and Slant Six. Developers that ruin other franchises made by much better developers.
>>
>>381256231
>It's just a shitty FPS with a metroid skin pasted onto it so people would buy it.

This is how I know you are just a dumb faggot, saying dumb shit.

I don't even like prime, but it plays NOTHING like a typical FPS.
>>
>>381258214
>Written, Directed, and Produced by the Spanish developer Mercury steam.
Ah, well thanks for correcting me then. Still, I have hope that this game will be good. I'm not a fan of the cinematic action sequences whenever you counter a metroid attack, but the game looked pretty good otherwise.
>>
>>381258330
You're right, it plays nothing like a typical FPS because it plays like a shitty one. What's your point?
>>
>>381258680

My point is that you are spouting buzzwords about games that you never played and should probably just kys.
>>
Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>381256523
literally one retard (ACfag)
>>
>>381261007
If it actually was him, this is the only time he would be right.
>trash cinematic FPS game with horrible gameplay
Prime is shit
>>
>>381256231
>shitty FPS

In the same sense that Super Metroid was a shitty Contra game, yes.
>>
>>381261426
hello ACfag
>>
>>381261426
>using the word 'cinematic' anywhere near Metroid Prime

Have a (you) for the sheer audacity of that one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.