[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorf thread Post forts or adventuring characters Also who's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

Dorf thread

Post forts or adventuring characters

Also who's hyped for the update, scheduled to come out next month? Are you ready to be a medieval Indiana Jones?
>>
This meme need to die.
>>
>>381255536
thanks
>>
File: 1495694214402.jpg (28KB, 650x552px) Image search: [Google]
1495694214402.jpg
28KB, 650x552px
I want to get into dwarf fortress but the graphics/gameplay always overwhelms me and I don't feel like playing a game for 50 hours before I know how to play is very fun.
>>
>>381257127
Git gud.
>>
>>381257374
valid advice ty
>>
>>381257428
No problem. The game can seem overwhelming, but as long as you understand that losing is fun you can have a lot of fun with it. /dfg/ says losing is fun much like /g/ says install Gentoo, but they do it for very valid reasons
>>
>>381257127
Try adventure mode first, its easier to get a handle on.
>>
Haven't played in a while, what is coming next update? Or previous update for that matter, I think the last time I played I was waiting for dwarf therapist to update for the build which added taverns.
>>
File: dorf.png (278KB, 1000x4030px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
278KB, 1000x4030px
>>381258975
This update added the stuff in the pic. The next update adds:

>NPC adventuring parties that will go on quests
>Artifact items will be guarded by civs and entities, they can be stolen, traded, fought over, ect.
>NPCs and the player can disguise themselves and invent false identities for various purposes.
>Player can send squads out into the world in Fort mode.
>Proper Kobold sites

probably more.
>>
File: Swordroofs-43-region1-211-37891.jpg (1MB, 909x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Swordroofs-43-region1-211-37891.jpg
1MB, 909x1343px
>>381259305
>Player can send squads out into the world in Fort mode.
Alright, I'm excited now.
>>
>>381257127
Stop being a bitch. The basics of the game are very easy, it'll take you an hour tops. Just follow the quickstart guide and use the wiki for shit you don't understand. DF has probably the best vidya wiki out there.

For the graphics just use a tileset until you get used to that, then try a square ascii set down the line.

It's a world/story simulator more than it's a building/management game. Read the "Boatmurdered" LP.

>>381259305
Wasn't he adding magical properties to artifacts?
>>
>>381255352
I don/t play DF enough, but I play games that have been inspired by DF, and for that, I thank them.
>>
>>381259745
>Wasn't he adding magical properties to artifacts?

that's after the next update
>>
File: 1489365950826.jpg (30KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1489365950826.jpg
30KB, 384x384px
>>381257127
It looks so fucking impossible the first few plays but after a few embarks it'll get a lot less scary. Look at the quickstart guide for reference but you should take small steps with each embark. You could focus on just getting a stockpile then setting up a few workshops for your first embark then maybe go a little further with more industries when you feel more confident. Dwarf Fortress is really a game that's only as complex as you make it to be. Just don't be afraid to experiment and start over and you'll be fine. Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>381259668
>Alright, I'm excited now.
its gonna be so cool
>>
>>381261587
>Send out a squad of fully geared legendary warriors
>Come back with elves purged and truckloads of goblminium.
I cannot wait
>>
>tfw
>>
Sex when

waifus when

marriage when
>>
>>381263903
Marriage has been in the game for years
>>
>>381264180
I mean in adventure mode aka the better mode
>>
>>381263067
>goblminium
goblinite
>>
>>381265000
>trips of Truth
Forgive me, for I have sinned. I think both are funny ways to describe those walking ore veins
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.