[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Disgaea is not a grindy game" >play the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19

File: 1448256270871.jpg (633KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448256270871.jpg
633KB, 1920x1080px
>"Disgaea is not a grindy game"
>play the game
>it's real grindy
>think maybe I'm doing something wrong
>finally find an LP where the player is blasting through the levels one after another
>gets to the second Mid-Boss fight
>"I might be a bit underleveled for this one"
>he's level 30 in the next episode, all of his characters
>they're wearing items I myself have never even seen before and I'm on Chapter 9
Isn't there a single playthrough of this game in the entire world, where the player just goes through the story levels with no grinding in between?
>>
>>381253556
Usually when watching an RPG, adding something like "speedrun" will give you ones with less grinding.
>>
>loli shit image

Fuck off pedophile. You are giving us anime fan a bad name.
>>

No one who played the games said this. The whole point of Disgaea is grind.
>>
>>381253737
I guess that could work for other games. But something tells me, when applied to Disgaea, "speedrun" would just mean grinding to obscenely high levels really, really fast, then just one-shotting the rest of the game.
>>
>>381253556
Grind SMARTER, not harder.

The main story isn't grindy unless you suck ass and just try to power through with raw stats.
>>
>>381253556
It's a well established rule amoung hardcore SRPG players that if the game allows you to grind it's almost always a bad game.

When there is grinding there is no need to think tactically since you can just power through it. Even if you wanted to make a rule that you can't grind you can't count on the developers to balance the map so that a no-grind win is even possible. Why bother trying different tactics and strategies, failing the map 8 times, when you could just gain a few more levels and blast through it.

Play a proper SRPG such as fire emble, front mission, or x-com. These games feature no or limited grinding and are about clever positioning and unit choice/customization rather than just making numbers go up.

Hardcore SRPG players recognize that grinding makes the game a low skill game.
>>
>>381253556
You can blast through the game with no grind at all
I sucked at the game and grinded for 2-4 fights in Disgaea 4 for the story because it was my first Disgaea
for Disgaea 3 I never really grinded, just promoted my units and leveled them up a bit which wasn't really necessary
in Disgaea 2 I played through the game without grinding
never played the first one though
the grind ONLY applies to the end game, after you beat the story
before that you probably just suck
>>
>>381253742

Fuck off m8 thats me wife
>>
>>381253995
>>381253737
Even speed runners grind. They just use the strategy that requires the least grinding and know the best places to grind.

From what I have heard they spend half the game grinding. So if the least grindy stratgeies are about spending half the game grinding....
>>
>>381254275
While I semi-agree with you, most games where you can grind are also designed so that you can completely skip out any chance of grinding stuff
they just implement the option for casual/bad/lazy/brain dead players
>>
>>381254469
Speedrunners grind because it's faster to grind now and breeze through the low exp missions than it is to take time on the low exp missions by playing smart.
>>
>>381254253
Yeah, I've progressed quite farther than the last time I tried to get into the series. Maybe it just has some problems with inconsistent difficulty in different stages. Like, for example, all three Mid-Boss stages were harder than pretty much any other stage so far, even those that came later in the game. Kinda like Dorter Slums were in FFT.
But I must admit, I've only managed to do some because I did a bit of money grinding to buy the best weapons and armor available.
>>

No one has ever said this. Ever.

Not even as a joke.
>>
>>381254275
I played the original X-COM. I'm not really a big SPRG fan honestly, and I'm not looking for a challenge. I just like Disgaea's setting, art and music. It's a very charming game.
>>
I played Disgaea underleveled as FUCK throughout the whole game. it made the final angel a pretty rough fight, and etna's alternate route a living hell since everything was 100-200 levels higher than my highest party member (Etna)

but yeah I see how Disgaea got so popular after playing it. It was ProgressQuest for consoles, and the goofy campaign and cast were endearing enough.
>>
People said I should play Disgaea 1 in the thread where I asked, and a lot of people are shitting on it here.

What do, anons?
>>
>>381254643
Yet I always see people saying that, when someone brings it up.
Hell, people are saying it in this very thread.
>>
>>381253742
>hating the one and only true queen of /v/
woah shit m8 go suck a dildo.
>>
>>381254550
Well if you are a weak player that's what easy mode is for.

The problem with grinding is that the hardcore player needs to trust the developer that even if he never grinds he can still win through tactics. And frankly SRPGS with grinding do NOT do this. Disgaia is the THE WORST EXAMPLE. You can't even create a new unit without them being under leveled and under-equiped. The moment the hardcore player realizes that he MUST grind to win any pretense of tactics is thrown out the window. He can never trust the developer for the rest of the game to keep the maps balanced.

In contrast in Fire Emblem the hardcore player trusts the developer not only to make it so the maps can be cleared without grinding but that he can clear the whole game without a single unit death. He knows if he fails he can just re-think his tactics.

The softcore player who isn't interested in tactics can just pick easy mode.
>>
File: TrickyTojo.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
TrickyTojo.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>381253556
>JRPG
>Grinder

Pick both dumbass, nips love grind
>>
Who the fuck told anyone ever Disgaea is not grindy
>>
>>381254860
As a new Disgaea player myself I can only one thing to tell you.
The mechanics in these games get more and more refined with every new installment. So if you ever plan on playing the earlier games, start in release order. If not - then you can probably just play the latest one, since the stories are pretty much self-contained.
>>
>>381254924
The only thing I heard when people talk about not grinding in a Disgaea game is purely the story. Other than that, it's grind city. That shit was made for people who love to grind.
>>
>>381254860
Play disgaea 2 for the cute overpowered thief + mage combo, these two characters alone will break the game till you get to the real deep grindfest.
>>
I've always squeezed through every Disgaea games main story without any major grinding. Usually just need to be smart with your units. Fuck the postgame though, I only managed to beat 3's because the leveling exploit was so simple to set up.
>>
>>381254784
Well as a hardcore SRPG fan I can tell you. Disgaea is the most grindy SRPG ever. If you like their art Nippon Ichi made a ton of games with similar art style in the ps2 era. All of them less grindy than Disgaea. But if grinding is your thing than knock yourself out.
>>
>>381253556
Literally just go have fun in the item world of a weapon, man. You'll soon be overleveled with a leveled up weapon too.
>>
You suck OP. Bet you're trying to level 10+ characters evenly and at once instead of plowing everything with Laharl and a healer.
>>
>>381255082
I saw 5 getting played on youtube, and it looked pretty interesting; but I don't have any recent consoles.
>>
there's three boss fights where you might have to grind, out of probably like 50 battles. "grindy" doesn't mean "you have to grind a little bit occasionally". stop being dumb. the later games fixed this too, not everyone is referring to the 1st one.
>>
>>381255120
>thief
>overpowered
How? Thief sucks ass in the first game. Unless, I'm using it wrong.
Am I supposed to be stealing enemy's stat with it? Is the effect permanent?
>>
>>381253556
Sorry anon, someone lied to you. Disgaea is known for being grindy.. hell, many people play it because they think the grinding is comfy.
>>
>>381254956
The game is constantly throwing you story-related units that are already on a decent level. Sure, you can't create generics but you can go through the story without them too.
I like that people even burst through FE games with no-exp mods so that the characters can never level up, FE is truly great in that aspect
>>
Aside for DD2 and maybe 1
disgaea main story is not grindy
>>
>>381255319
Read properly you nigger
>>
>>381255290
5 recently got rated for PC by ESRB, together with the Switch release, although we haven't heard any official statements on the matter. But I'm pretty sure they're bringing it on PC eventually. Probably not until after 3 and 4 though.
>>
>>381255290
Can you stomach older games? 'cause they're all good, just dated. The humor still works.
>>
>>381253906
This. You were lied to, OP.
>>
>>381255426
I know you were talking about 2. I'm wondering how they changed the class between the games so it became overpowered?
>>
>>381254275
>play a proper SRPG such as fire emlem
You were doing so well, mate.
>>
>>381255506
I generally don't have any problem going back to older games and played ogre battle (for the NES I believe) a few years ago and had a blast minus MAGES NEEDING FUCKING 5 ALIGNMENT (or whatever the fuck it was called) INSTEAD OF 0 TO CLASS CHANGE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>381254956
>You can't even create a new unit without them being under leveled
5 lets you create new units at higher levels, up to the highest one you currently have, for some additional mana cost.
>Fire Emblem
>hardcore
>>
>>381255385
You remember what I said about how grinding ruins tactics? Well a big part of tactics is choosing your units. And if you can't even touch the custom units and need to confine yourself to a small patch of pre-made ones there's almost no tactics at all in character selection. You can't even swap units very often because the ones that get benched fall behind in XP.

Why even do apologetics for Disgaeia's shitty tactics? It's well known by hardcore srpg fans as the second biggest joke of them all (the honor of biggest joke goes to tactics ogre). If you are actually playing this shitty game it's because you either really, really like the aestetics or you have a thing for mindless grinding. There's a clear boarder. If you want to grind play the nippon ichi games. If you want tactics than stay away from all of them.
>>
>>381255636
Well, I loved Dis1.. just skip to the next until you can deal I guess.
>>
>>381253556
if you only use story characters and give most of the experience to laharl you can get through it pretty easily without grinding
most of the grinding is either post-main story or involves making characters
laharl is incredibly strong when he gets force fed experience and has all of the best stuff equipped
>>
>>381256020
Skip to the next what? Disgaea?
I'm not sure how that's exactly related to what I wrote.
>>
>>381255532
Thief in disgaea 2 can sleep and poison units very easily, mages just hit hard for small SP so you can just fusion enemies into one and do this.

>Attack with mage
>Sleep
>poison
>Steal all items while poison do damage based in enemy HP
>Attack asleep enemy with mage
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Strong enemy is kill
>>
>>381256203
You say you can deal with old games, so try Disgaea 1 and skip to the next if you can't. If you had said you can't deal with old games, I would have advised you to play the most recent one.
That's what I meant.
>>
>>381253556
That guy draws cute demon gals
>>
>>381256401
Ohh, got it.
>>
>>381256310
Wouldn't you just be missing the strong enemy?
I tried the enemy stacking trick on that invincibility map in D1, but failed miserably, because I simply couldn't scratch the single overleveled enemy.
>>
>>381253556
did you get an Imperial Seal or the GATE key?
Go to the Item World and level up those 2 items, not only will you continue leveling up your character but your items will level up and those increase ALL your stats, so it makes going through the game quite easier.

I'm on chapter 3 and already have those so I'm leveling them up to level 20.
>>
>>381255835
Haven't played Tactics Ogre yet, why is it bad in regards of strategic thinking?
>>
File: 1395172416052.gif (366KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1395172416052.gif
366KB, 140x160px
>>381253742
>claims to be an anime fan
>shits on anime because it's not his anime
You will surely go to hell if you continue down this path, my friend.
>>
>>381256737
How do the enemies in the item world scale with depth/item rarity? I never got any higher than 10 yet. But as I said, I'd rather minimize the grind or avoid it at all until post game, if I'll ever decide to do it.
>>
>>381256540
Well mages tend to be over leveled for their tendency to one shot several units from very fucking far away as well as to kill strong units.

You can kill a strong enemy if the mage just stays in place building the combo damage, as for sleeping it seems to be 100% sure to happen regardless of the enemy level, the real deal is to keep the thief at a decent level to steal shit.
>>
>>381256990
not sure, but they seem to be VERY weak in the first 20 floors, which is the amount I have leveled those 2 items in particular.

I have my level 13 dark mage and she can pretty much kill any enemy with just her fire spell, Killia is already like level 25+ from just killing the majority of the enemies in the item world.

you don't have to grind much though, it's fairly quick to go through 10 levels in the item world.
>>
>>381257276
>Killia
>>
File: DD2_Artwork3.png (2MB, 1000x1395px) Image search: [Google]
DD2_Artwork3.png
2MB, 1000x1395px
>>381253556
I have only played Disgaea 1 but I did not ever grind when I played it. Proper exp distribution is all that is necessary to beat the game (stack up enemies, pass 3x exp bill, feed exp to one character). The issue is that that is very boring and that it still has a major emphasis on levels rather than on precise positioning and tactics like you might expect from a different TRPG.

So while grinding is not necessary it's a "grindy game" because it's only worth playing if you enjoy grinding to build you characters whatever way you choose.

What about other NIS games like Soul Nomad and Phantom brave? Do they have the same sort of "grinding" emphasis as disgaea or are they more typical tactics-focused TRPGs?
>>
>>381258467
Phantom Brave needs grinding, but if you're smart about it you can grind for about an hour and never look back.
Soul Nomad can trivially be done without ever doing any non-story missions and without repeating anything. Postgame excluded, of course.
>>
>>381254275
>Play a proper SRPG such as fire emble
Good meme.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>381258681
Can you do Soul Nomad's evil route on the first playthrough? That's what makes it sound interesting to me.
>>
>>381258995
The evil route relies on having played the normal route. You can get in by getting an early bad-end and new game +ing in, but you'll have to grind your ass off and miss 90% of what it's referring to. So don't.
>>
File: 1495158372088.jpg (318KB, 931x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495158372088.jpg
318KB, 931x800px
friendly reminder that this is a 1473 year old women, treat your elders with some respect
>>
>>381259613
Fallen Flonne is so much better I kind of feel bad for Etna.
>>
File: 1386879516652.gif (2MB, 340x190px) Image search: [Google]
1386879516652.gif
2MB, 340x190px
>>381254275
>fire emblem
>Not a grind fest based FAR more on RNG than on tactics
>>
>>381259931
>playing mission cautiously making sure no one dies
>make no mistakes
>engage enemy who has a <5% chance to critical your guy to one shot him
>hit chance isn't even guaranteed

>LOL TIME TO RESTART
>>
I like the female ninjas in this game, why there is no fanart of them?
>>
File: Anna-FE7.gif (1KB, 96x80px) Image search: [Google]
Anna-FE7.gif
1KB, 96x80px
>>381260084
git
u
d
>>
>>381260786
I can guarantee I've played at least twice as much fire emblem as you.
>>
>>381260361
Series just isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the west.
>>
File: 1395548014214.jpg (2MB, 3955x4800px) Image search: [Google]
1395548014214.jpg
2MB, 3955x4800px
>>381260361
Is this the one?
>>
>>381253556
the whole fucking marketting argument of this game is that you can go up to lvl 9999, and you think it's not a grindy game? how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>381261236
>Only lvl 9999
hhehehe that isn't even the real grind anon
>>
>>381260084
Just lost an archer playing Hard, Classic mode on Fire Emblem Echoes. I feel so bad and I was tempted to restart from my last save but I thought I'd better take responsibility for my careless decisions and just continue on without him.
>>
>>381262016
I know dude, it's just that, this fact itself shows that it's a grindygame.
item world etc.. are things that are even more grindy
>>
The trick with the grind in Disgaea games is that you break the way that leveling works, like setting up a map so that an infinite wave of dudes come at your kungfu dude with massive defence and 100% counter attack rate and just hitting next turn so he gains hundreds of levels in like 2 minutes.
>>
>>381260867
I can guarantee that you haven't but regardless it's never too late to git gud.
>>
>>381262747
Well, if you've played anything past Radiant Dawn you probably have, but that's cheating because

>owning consoles after becoming enlightened PC master race
>>
I've been playing D5 and I am enjoying it quite a lot, at chapter 4 now. Something confuses me though; am I playing it right? For some reason I feel like I should be breaking the game already somehow. This is my first Disgaea game so I thought that you have to think outside the box right away to get to level 1000 and million damage while the enemies are at 20 tops.
>>
Disgaea 2 can be beaten easily without grind by spamming thieves and ninjas since they can sleep and poison making every single battle a snoozefest.
>>
File: 1488850549038.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488850549038.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
>>381263214
>Sleep spam
>Snoozefest

I see what you did there
>>
>no disgaea 6 at E3
>breaking a decade old pattern
Nis is still ok, right?
>>
>>
File: 1470895766908.png (110KB, 319x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470895766908.png
110KB, 319x440px
Reminder that Majorita is the best Disgaea loli.
>>
File: saywhat.jpg (55KB, 415x322px) Image search: [Google]
saywhat.jpg
55KB, 415x322px
>>381254275
>Why bother trying different tactics and strategies, failing the map 8 times, when you could just gain a few more levels and blast through it.
Because the former is more fun? Why grind when you don't want to?
>>381254785
Don't forget that Disgaea is the ultimate poorfag game. You can sink hundreds of hours into these games at the price of a regular game.
>>
>>381262912
>muh masterrace reddit autism
>sucks at fucking fire emblem of all things
Not surprised.
>>
>>381264545
Yes, I'm awful at fire emblem because I attacked the thunder mage who had a 5% chance to critical and 70% chance to hit my wyvern lord.
>>
>>381264657
>thing has a chance to happen
>happens
Wow.
>>
>>381264540
>Don't forget that Disgaea is the ultimate poorfag game. You can sink hundreds of hours into these games at the price of a regular game.
There are much better games available for free
>>
>>381253742
>Fuck off pedophile. You are giving us anime fan a bad name.
Ugh. Did you just assume her age? You fucking white male, kys!!!
>>
>>381264754
You'd be amazing at poker, anon.
>>
>>381264657
I tried Awakening and immediately dropped any notion of ever playing a fire emblem game because of how braindead it was, is it like X-COM where you're expected to take losses, or are you supposed to keep your entire party alive?
>>
>>381253742
>Imagine being this easily triggered by a fictional character
>>
File: 1472765660657.jpg (70KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1472765660657.jpg
70KB, 600x839px
How cheap do you think Disgaea 1 on PC will get on the steam sale coming up?
I've fapped to Etna more then enough times to justify actually buying and playing her game.
>>
>>381267748
Isn't already just like ten bucks?
>>
>>381267980
Yeah but $10 in American translates to about $80 in Australian according to the exchange rates Steam uses. So I'd rather wait for the sale.
>>
I came here for some sexy Etna.
>>
>>381268114
It's just 420 pyб here. Also, I just noticed that the D1+D2 bundle costs less than D2 alone for D1 owners. That's kinda weird, but I'll take it.
>>
>>381254275
There is a crapton of FEs where you can arena spawn abuse.
>>
>>381260786
>Skill
>Rolling dices
>>
>>381264657
Yes, in FE the point of the gameplay is to make a fool-proof plan.
>>
>>381256785
He wants to be edgy.
>>
>>381254275
>Play a proper SRPG such as fire emble
You can grind in literally every Fire Emblem game.
>>
>>381253556
item world is different than grinding in a normal game. if that doesn't appeal to you then you will probably not enjoy disgaea.
>>
>>381270873
IW should be used on a VERY post game scenario.

Every use outside the hunt and levelling of R40 items is a waste of time.
>>
>>381253742
Summmerrrrrreddit
>>
>>381254275
Wow sir much smart you are looking at RNG tables someone else figured to get the best results.
>>
Who's a good sword user in 2?
I need a backup for my MK, and an excuse to get a yoshitsune.
>>
>>381271252
Best sword user is no one because you should go for staff and abuse the hell out of Magic Knight.

With 20KK Int they are able to kill Pringer X
>>
>>381271475
But I already have a MK.
>>
>>381271614
Then use the male Samurai he has 130% STR Apt.
>>
>>381256310
>Wasting time doing that in 2

All you need to do is stock up enough mana to unlock the first challenge map, and that's basically free experience.
>>
>>381271252
Majin, if you have them. If not, Male Warrior can do a shit load of damage if you keep him in critical health, or Laharl who's pretty decent all around.
>>
>>381253742
why even shitpost like this
what do you get out of it
>>
>>381253742
> OP posts about disgaea
> relevant picture

(You)
>>
>>381253556
What are the penguins scared of
>>
File: 1463540408604.jpg (15KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
1463540408604.jpg
15KB, 321x321px
>>381253556
>>It's real grindy
The Item World R39/40/Trap stealing or trying to get to 40M stats?
>>
File: IMG_1598.gif (476KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1598.gif
476KB, 450x270px
>First Disgaea is 5
>Mfw every single wrestling joke in the first chapter
>Mfw you can recruit notHulkHogan and his bio has even more wrestling jokes plus a WCW/TNA Hogan jab to boot.

One of the translators is a fucking patrician.
>>
how are the pc pots?
>>
>>381253556
Who the fuck told you this.
>>
>>381273697
Terrible, avoid at all costs.
>>
>>381272598
I thought Majins were nerfed past 1.
>>
>>381273697
Excellent, buy at any cost.
>>
>>381273697
Fine, if slightly unstable. Save often and you'll be fine.
>>
>>381273697

Mediocre, buy at medium costs.
>>
>>381253556
grinding is good. it lets you play the game!
>>
>>381273697
Undiscussable by /v/ due to meme addiction.

Stay quiet at any cost.
>>
>/v/ never posts Etna anymore
What happened?
>>
>>381253742
>talking shit about the queen of /v/
>>
>>381265782
Awakening is garbage gameplay wise, it's not a good barometer of what Fire Emblem is. Its highest difficulty is somehow worse than Disgaea tier grindy trash which is saying something. Barely any thought was put into the encounter design or maps and I doubt Lunatic+ was ever playtested.

A normal Fire Emblem is sort of like X-COM in the perma death sense, but much more forgiving and you're not intended to bleed out units every map since usually you only have a set amount of characters, though sacrificing characters you don't give a shit about can be a valid strategy in some areas.

But it's more about risk minimization, using terrain, weapon compatibility, and character strengths to ensure you complete every chapter and its sub-objectives (the real difficulty in FE often comes from recruiting a certain character, saving villages, or unlocking a hidden gaiden chapter) with the least sacrifice or risk (using the right character with the right supports can usually eliminate most enemy crit opportunities) required. I wouldn't say they're hard games (though FE12 can be pretty fucking brutal) but the highest difficulties of the good ones do a good job of making you have to at least think about what you're doing, if you care about careless mistakes gibbing one of your characters or costing you a limited item.
>>
>>381276583

Gerudo Link
>>
File: 60945441_p0.jpg (202KB, 507x750px) Image search: [Google]
60945441_p0.jpg
202KB, 507x750px
>>381276583
Etna is fine, but I like my generic Magic Knight more.
>>
>>381253742
She's actually hundreds of years old so it's not pedophilia. Get fucked bootlicker
>>
>>381278367
Heavy Knight thou
>>
>>381278829
She was a great addition, easy on the eyes and actually made for an excellent defender too, but I still like Magic Knight best of all.
>>
>>381253556
You can literally beat the game without any grinding
The side shit though.
>>
>>381253556
said no one ever.
>>
>>381253556
>>"Disgaea is not a grindy game"
Said no one.
>>
>>381253556 (OP)
No one said ever.
>>
Could you have the same kind of game without leveling up of any kind? Each stage would have its own set difficulty, or choose between difficulties. Every playable character or enemy has a set amount of life, damage ranges, etc. that never levels up because all levels are balanced around these values. There would be no such thing as grinding. If you wanted to beat the game with more of challenge, you would choose a higher difficulty rather than playing under-leveled.

Leveling in open RPGs at least makes some sense, because it can act as a difficulty barrier to stop you from going to places to early, but in level-based RPGs? What's the point.
>>
>>381254275
>It's a well established rule
people want to have fun not play by some abitary autistic rule you just made up
>>
>>381281231
That would be kinda like Wakfu when soing dungeons with the adjustable level system. Sorta.

It's fun, but in that game not many people want to do it. In any case, leveling up sort of makes the player feel more powerful or give some sort of goal, even if it's just seeing bigger numbers.
>>
>>381253556
>>"Disgaea is not a grindy game"
Who
the FUCK
told you that?
>>
>>381253556
What retard said this Disgaea is Grinding: The Game

and I fucking love it
>>
Can I start at 5 for the switch or do I have to play 1-5?
>>
File: 3bed5a57876addcd173d21c547c31ec0.jpg (161KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
3bed5a57876addcd173d21c547c31ec0.jpg
161KB, 1200x840px
>>381278367
My nigga! Magic Knight is love and I was so happy when they became actually good with the changes past the first game.
>>
>>381253556
I got some questions for any veterans, I'm playing the first one on steam and I just beat captain gorgon and thursday at level 36 and proceeding through the next area but the problem is the enemies are scaling a bit fast and its hard to keep up, honestly I dont know what to do, should I just grind for levels? I dont like being overpowered on my first playthroughs

Also why are Etna and Flonne so useless I can atleast have Etna tank shit but Flonne is just shit is there some way to make them good?
>>
>>381254253
>The main story isn't grindy unless you suck ass and just try to power through with raw stats.
This. Shit like mage Flonne, being smart about reincarnating and classes, and knowing how to use a thief make the game easy even without grinding.
>>
>>381285983
You can always pay the item world a visit. Along with netting your team a couple of levels along the way and maybe snag a innocent, it makes your weapons much stronger too.
>Also why are Etna and Flonne so useless I can atleast have Etna tank shit but Flonne is just shit is there some way to make them good?
Did you give Etna the spear? If so then that's your problem. Flonne is a bit harder to work with as she is best with magic but doesn't learn any spells naturally, so its best to give her some mage pupils to learn spells from.
>>
Etna stomach bulge
>>
>>381285983
Flonne should master 3 skulls to get all the best magics, at which point she becomes the best mage in the game.
>>
>>381270680
Pleb detected. Sure the more recent ones have it, but it wasn't implemented until Sacred Stones.
>>
>>381286353
Yeah I guess I fell for a noob trap, what would be a good weapon to use for her or is it up to preference?

>>381286482
Skulls, you mean the skull mages? if so does it matter what tier they are or can I just make a bunch of low tier ones for fodder?
>>
>>381253556
I don't know how the fuck you could possibly think Disgaea is grindy.

The last sentence you typed was exactly how I played it every single time. There should be no reason that Laharl is not strong enough to kill everything in sight.

I did make like 5 or 6 custom characters along the way but still, Laharl was more than strong enough to kill every enemy.
>>
>>381287848
>what would be a good weapon to use for her or is it up to preference?
She does quite well with axes I find.
>if so does it matter what tier they are or can I just make a bunch of low tier ones for fodder?
Each tier learns a different set of spells. red learns fire, green wind, blue ice, and yellow star. Making one of each to help her cover more ground helps, but you do need to keep them up level wise too so they can learn the stronger spells.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.