[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought a 3DS. Should I play Awakening or Fates first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

I just bought a 3DS.

Should I play Awakening or Fates first?
I haven't played a Fire Emblem since Sacred Stones.
>>
>>381242139

Awakening first. If you can get past the lolplot, get Fates Conquest.

If you can survive that abortion of a plot, go ahead and play the DLC routes.
>>
>>381242421
What's wrong with the plot? Plot holes, or just general japanese stupidity?
>>
>>381243418
Birthright has everyone act retarded but is generally "inoffensive", corrin in conquest has Stockholm syndrome and goes along with an invasion to get the ok to take out the nohrian king, revelation is bad fan fiction
>>
Awakening has shit gameplay and mediocre story, Fates:Conquest has solid gameplay and terrible story. It's hard as balls though, so I'd avoid 3DS FE as a whole until you've played more of them.
>>
>>381243418
Not him but while Birtright (the "easy" route) is kinda formulaic and generic, Conquest got a really interesting premise that was completely ruined by turning it into "Daddy hates ya" and nothing more.
I was really hoping for a revolution or something like a revolt but nothing, just "friendship wins over cruelty". Fuck it. Third DLC route is alright.
>>
>>381242139
Play none, the plots are awful and every character is just a flat stereotype.

Not to mention the US games are censored
>>
File: 1493937606143.jpg (108KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
1493937606143.jpg
108KB, 640x854px
>>381242139
Get Echoes babe
>>
File: HNI_0052_JPG.jpg (171KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0052_JPG.jpg
171KB, 960x1280px
>>381244036
>>
>>381242139
Ignore Awakening, just play Fates. The story is a clusterfuck but the gameplay is fun. Just make sure to play Conquest and Revelations only.
>>
>>381242139
>3DS fire emblems

The best entry point is Awakening or Echoes

I personally hate Awakening, but if it's your first FE you might like it. Echoes is a solid game. Fates:Conquest is the best 3ds FE there is.

The gamecube game followed by the Wii game is still the best FE to date.
>>
>>381242139
Both are shit, play Echoes
>>
>>381243418
I'm playing conquest atm and the plot is retarded beyond belief. MC is basically an idiot following orders from the most evil person in existance. Lots of "LOL we just damaged the enemy I'm a good guy!" and "I'll get you next time evil nohr! Team rocket flies away again!"
>>
>>381245491
Yeah the plot is crap

Maps are great though.
>>
>>381242139
Don't play Fates. They are all trash
>>
>>381246404
Only a couple, the rest are retarded gimmicks
Conquest maps are hugely overrated
>>
>>381246472
The only one I remember that was a retarded gimmick was the Wind one

All the others were solid.
>>
>>381242139
Conquest. Just shut your brain off with the story. Difficulty is really hard even for veterans.
>>
Echoes
>>
Emulate Blazing Sword as your first Fire Emblem, branch out to other games later.
>>
>>381247063
played it already
>>
>>381242139
Gameplaywise Birthright is just a better Awakening so do Awakening first if you wanna play each one. Save Conquest for last as it's the most difficult
>>
Just buy Shadows of Valentia
>>
File: 8b1.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
8b1.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>381242139
Ignore Awakening, Birthright, Revelations, and Echoes, I liked them but they aren't good games. Just play Conquest since it has soild gamplay, it's one of the best in the series.
>>
>>381242139
Don't listen to the Conqucks that are trying to tell you that it has good gameplay. It has passable maps but everything else about it is dog shit. Get yourself Echoes
>>
>>381248625
complaining about the maps in Conquest and then suggesting Echoes which has the worst maps in the entire franchise
>>
>>381242139
Awakening is vastly superior.
>>
Get Echoes: SoV, it has the best girl of the three Delthea
>>
>>381242139
Play Echoes.
>>
>>381246870
No shit. I went in on hard because I thought I was good at SRPGs. This shit is pretty ridicilous at times and unless you got a phd in eugenics and want to restard a billion times I wouldn't exactly recommend it
>>
Why not both so you can form your own opinion
>>
The only 3ds game worth playing is Conquest and that's only if you can put up with the awful writing for the great gameplay.

Play something else, like tearring saga
>>
>>381252815
Gimmicks.
>>
>chapter 17 in conquest
>3 swordmasters chain-lunge a unit and gangrape him to death, and I can't kill them fast enough because they're too fast and my units are already weakened from other enemies that are guaranteed to do at least 20% damage to your unit if you don't 1-round them. They're also weakened from all the damn ninja in the map
>>
>>381253703
Seriously, Conquest is harder but that doesn't automatically make it more fun than the other games. I'd rather do Nuibaba's mansion than Ryoma's ninja halls of death.
>>
>>381242139
Just play Shadows of Valentia bro
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.