[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nintendo being utterly retarded As expected lmao, these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: O0QkrgR.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
O0QkrgR.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>Nintendo being utterly retarded

As expected lmao, these old retards don't even know how to run a company, melee is god tier and by refusing to support it, it will kill them, just look at ARMS bombing.

https://compete.kotaku.com/nintendo-responds-to-smash-bros-pros-callout-wants-to-1796177733
>>
So Nintendo is retarded for thinking the melee community is doing well enough by itself and that they have better things to do like focusing on the future?
>>
>>381238549
They should be showing that they actually care about one of their communities which has been carrying them for years and keeping people interested in Nintendo games.
>>
>>381238802
Last time I checked the melee tournament scene is kind of self contained and people outside of that community generally ignore them. I think the pedestal you're building for meleefags is a tad high.
>>
>>381238802
Agreed with >>381238991. There is no doubt Melee is definitely a committed community and in itself, decent size. But in the broad scale of things its pretty minute.

Plus just like almost all niche communities, its hard to get into and still very backward as they are playing a dead game in the modern standards.

I prefer Zelda over Smash at this point.
>>
>>381238991
>>381239230
Melee is literally carrying support for Nintendo, no one would be buying their products or things like Smash 4 without the sustained support from them, just look at their viewing numbers on Twitch for tourneys and seeing them promote Nintendo characters, games and products, it's about time Nintendo started giving something back to them.
>>
>>381239515
I think you may be a bit too far deep man. Melee has helped some games but I didn't buy Smash 4 because of it. I did so because I'm a nintendo fan.

You're overstating it so much. Though most people who watched that Melee documentary seem to be brainwashed over its importance.

The things carrying Nintendo are Mario, Zelda and Splatoon in the modern day market. Melee has not helped in sales at all. In fact its actually been a financial loss as these people are not buying nintendo products as they're stuck playing an old game.
>>
>>381237808
>NINTENDO WHY WON'T YOU PAY ME MONEY. REEEEEEE.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>381237808
>Kotaku
>>
>>381237808

>has been carrying them for years and keeping people interested in Nintendo games.

By refusing to play any game that isn't melee?
>>
>>381239515
Oh yeah I'm sure smash4 would a never sold past 100k without the melee community.
I'm sure smash 4 streams views are all just melee fags
>>
>>381239515
Again, I think you're building too high a pedestal. Using myself as a example, Smash pretty much sells itself through premise alone. Meleefag's support is appreciated, but I don't think it'd be a good idea in the long-run financially to make a league or whatever for a pro scene that has been the same group of people for years and is shrinking.
Not to sound negative, but I wonder how many people would dip out if they had to use stock GC controllers issued out by the host?
>>
>>381240018
Melee is only growing friend.
>>
>>381239515
you're fucking delusional
>>
>>381240138
what, they got a fifth guy for their tournaments?
>>
>>381238802
>Melee carrying Nintendo
>A small cult following of people playing a 16 year old game on a 16 year old console are carrying a multi billion dollar company.

You got this completely backwards my man. The only people who are playing melee are the people who have been playing it since it was released. No one today is looking for a new game or scene to get into and are thinking "Hey I should get into Melee."
>>
File: 1453847285665.jpg (65KB, 563x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453847285665.jpg
65KB, 563x640px
Pastebin that shit then go back where you came from
>>
File: 1456461410878.png (597KB, 645x512px) Image search: [Google]
1456461410878.png
597KB, 645x512px
>>381237808
>b) have potential for a large worldwide circuit + having it be broadcast on cable networks (see: ELEAGUE)
>smash on cable
PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA NEVER EVER SMASH AUTISTS
YOUR KIDS PARTY GAME IS NOT A LIFESTYLE YOU DEGENERATE FUCKS ITS A CHILDRENS HOBBY
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>381238802
>melee
>keeping people interested in Nintendo games
Top delusion.
>>
>>381239515
>Melee is literally carrying support for Nintendo, no one would be buying their products or things like Smash 4 without the sustained support from them
Isn't the Melee community responsible for virtually all of the shitposting against Smash 4, though? How exactly does constantly referring to the game as Tr4sh (or some variant thereof) and consistently trying to alienate its consumer base count as support?
>>
>>381240341
>wanting people to play a better game is bad

This place of all places should be supporting getting people to play better games.
>>
>>381240138
That may be, but it has been 16 years. How much longer will that spark remain for masses. How long can they ride on new people coming in who are willing to embrace using glitches and exploits as tech? Quite honestly it was that which scared me away.
>>
>>381237808
>“I want you to hear the amount of people who support this league, the amount of people who want this to be a lifestyle for people. This is not just a video game. This is a lifestyle! All right?”

As Nintendo, I wouldn't want to associate with any group that talks like this.
>>
File: Black Morty.jpg (10KB, 261x223px) Image search: [Google]
Black Morty.jpg
10KB, 261x223px
>>381237808
Why do people who play this fake fighting game still think they deserve anything?

Even Marvel "Press 2 buttons to do a 20 hit combo" vs Capcom is more respectable than this manchild magnet.
>>
>>381237808
Why don't melee players ever shower?
>>
>>381239515
Most delusional post on this board. If this were even remotely true:
>smash 64 wouldn't have been successful
>Xenoblade wouldn't have been sucessful (not in melee)
>gamecube wouldn't have sold like bottled farts in a taco bell restroom
>mother 3 wouldn't have sold like bottled farts in a taco bell restroom
>Star Fox 64 wouldn't still be the highest selling game in the series in the CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>381240859
because they can't multishinefibblefobblewaveland cancel if their fingers aren't greased up enough
>>
I don't think Smashfags want their series get capcom'd like SFV is right now by artificially growing the scene. Hungrybox is just regretting his decision to quit his amazing job to play video games for a living.
>>
Does the meta ever change in this game since there are no updates or have people been playing the same way for the last 10 years?
>>
>>381241467
The fact that there are no updates allows the game and meta to evolve. People would have laughed at you years ago for even trying to use Pikachu, Yoshi, or Samus. Balance patches and updates were a mistake; they ironically ruin fighting games.
>>
Why is /v/ so upset by melee, did they get btfo because they tried and it wasn't as slow and shit as the "proper fighters"? lmao
>>
>>381240440
>better game

>no balance
>no smash run/tour
>no master/crazy orders
>Kongo Jungle
>Half my mains aren't aren't even there
>infinite glacier
>BIG
>EFFING
>BLUE
>no customs/equipment
>only 1 special smash at a time
>no replays
>MANDATORY TAP JUMP
>CRTs required
>no online
>no buffering
>100 lb character falls like (1*10^20) lb character
>no trophy rush, have to buy trophies one at a time from a gay gacha """""""mode"""""""""
>no co-op for classic, all star, or multi-man
>classic is completely random and has no strategy

But hey, at least your furry husbando can spam LE EBIN SHINE while sliding across FD.
>>
>>381242389
>reeee it's not exactly like tr4sh

sounding awfully like a meleefag there friend ;)
>>
>>381237808
WAIT TIME EXCEEDED PATIENCE DEPLETED
IF NO MELEE HD A RIOT IS NEEDED
>>
>>381237808
Why should they support a game they do not even sell anymore they gain nothing from this
>>
>>381241706

The fact that there are updates allows the game and meta to evolve. People would have laughed at you years ago for even trying to use Lucario, Link, or Olimar. Balance patches and updates were a great idea; they unironically enhance fighting games.
>>
>>381242558
>type up a compelling argumentbin favor of sm4sh
>get a greentext strawman and a reddit face in return

I hate this board so much.
>>
Why do Meleefags insist on living in the past? And isn't pretty much the same 3 people winning tournaments anyway? I'm a nintendofag but that is legit autistic.
>>
>>381237808
Melee players are a bunch of self entitled faggots that jerk off to broken gamecube controllers and live in the past.
>>
File: 1479944759956.png (238KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479944759956.png
238KB, 400x350px
>GIVE US MELEE HD SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO SEE THE SAME 4 PEOPLE IN THE TOP 5 AT EVERY TOURNEY
>>
>>381237808
>>381239515
>>381240138
>>381240440
Why meleefags so delusional?
>>
>>381243247
Afraid you need to pick your threads better anon. We're in a melee praise thread, its to be expected.

Could be worse. You could be on /tg/ where your compelling argument turns into an afternoon of wall of text exchanges.
>>
>>381237808
Are Smashfags more autistic than Sonic fans?
>>
>>381237808
Is this why people hate meleefags so much? I remember having a bit of fun with it at a cousin's house, but this is ridiculous.
>>
We need a new word for how hard meleefags nostalgia
>>
>>381237808
>melee fags are this deluded
Christ you niggers are annoying. Why the fuck would Nintendo 'support' a game from over a decade ago and 3 consoles ago? How the fuck are they going to make money off of a few cheeto dusted autists playing a party game like an 'esport'?

No one but tourney fags gives a shit about Project M. Tourney fags are also a tiny, but loud as fuck minority. Why should I give a fuck about some retards taking a children's game super seriously when I could play some newer iteration of the game instead because I don't give a fuck about tournaments?
>>
>>381242992
Those changes are the result of direct influence in the game. Meaning, they were either enhanced to become stronger, or their competition nerfed. Neither of those is a community driven effort. The developers are shaping the meta for you; that is trash.
>>
Only unemployed 30 year olds with shitty hygiene care about Melee.

Mostly because they're bad at updated mechanics for the current year.

It's like all the CS1.6 fags who get trashed in GO and talk about how they're so much better at a game with antiquated physics and mechanics.
>>
>>381239515
>the wrongest person on /v/
>>
>>381246109
>Balancing a multiplayer is bad because muh handful of people at the top might have to actually change their tactics and strategies in a more competitive environment

Melee fags are the laughing stock of all espawts for a reason.
>>
>>381237808
>just look at ARMS bombing.
any sources?
>>
File: 1489959974985.jpg (27KB, 481x506px) Image search: [Google]
1489959974985.jpg
27KB, 481x506px
>>381237808
>dude Melee players support Nintendo pls notice us
>Melee community proceeds to shit on every version of Smash that isn't Melee, telling people not to play them even if it means Nintendo loses sales on their new game
>>
>>381247079
Really activates the almonds, doesn't it?
>>
>>381247002
it's all because of those fucking terrorists
>>
File: 1492344880450.png (242KB, 369x339px) Image search: [Google]
1492344880450.png
242KB, 369x339px
>>381238802
>The shrinking, niche Melee community has carried Nintendo

How are you even smart enough to use a computer?
>>
>>381243757
Because...

>Always
>Unique
>Totally
>Interesting
>Somtimes
>Mysterious
>>
>>381247475
>politics are more popular than video games
Who would have thought?
>>
>>381237808
>Hungrybox's rationale is that it would boost Smash 4 sales
>Melee community does nothing but shit on Smash 4
????
>>
Melee is over 15 years old and has been out of print for almost 10 years. Why would Nintendo support such a scene when there's no money to be made?

Maybe they'll go to a garage sale and buy a few CRTs but other than that don't expect much
>>
>>381237808
Because the Smash Scene is the biggest group of entitled babies, and with how daunting the entry level is for new players to keep up with pro players why bother supporting it, if changing the former fact in any way will lose them money.

tl;dr stop playing shitty games
>>
>it's another "melee fags have an autistic fit and shit their diapers" episode
>>
File: C4wIpwGXAAAecCd.jpg (27KB, 597x456px) Image search: [Google]
C4wIpwGXAAAecCd.jpg
27KB, 597x456px
>>381239515
Please cease being retarded
>>
The Melee community constantly hypes up how grassroots they are, then immediately demands daddy's seal of approval.

Maybe they've finally realized they've hit the ceiling. They can only get so far without Nintendo, but Nintendo will never lend a hand for obvious reasons
>>
>>381244376
they are closet sonic fans
>>
>>381250808
I can't see how people like Melee with all the circlejerking over "The Five Autismos". Wow which one of them will win the next tournament for the upteenth time?
>>
>>381251007
which obvious reasons ?
>>
>>381239793
>It took this many posts
/v/ pls
>>
How to make the Smash scene less autistic by daddy anon

>Stop crying when Daddy Nintendo says no to acknowledging you

Literally nothing else needs to be said her, your predecessors at this point got through a lot worse, Hell fucking Super Street Fighter II Turbo took 20 fucking years to get any at all real support from Capcom, and then after that one event they never got it again. Thats just one example of numerous other games with more niche pro scenes then melee

>Sucking Top Players dicks and not calling them out on BS
Mang0 is a confirmed fucking wife beater and I'm pretty sure Daddy Nintendo doesn't want that as one of the gods of their hot new rereleased games, even outside of personal lives its highly autistic to just take the word of the pros because they're pros, they can and have been wrong about things before.

>Push out the politics
Another Groupthink issue, literally every smash player and their mother I've come across is the kind of person who would throw a shit fit at any remotely right wing opinion. other games have a mixed environment, because they know not to banish their own for "degenerate opinions" or "toxicity"

3 Points that would clean up the smash scene a bit.
>>
>>381237808
>kektaku
>direct link
sweet summer
>>
File: 1460559837714.jpg (68KB, 580x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460559837714.jpg
68KB, 580x500px
>>381237808
Why do people support Melee, it's just the same five guys who win every year.

Also that one guy dropped out because his controller wasn't glitching.
>>
>>381237808
I don't even like nintendo anymore, but you melee fags are literal cancer. Brawl is clearly better in every way yet you still praise melee because "My nostalgia! hur dur.".
>>
File: 1334335398842.jpg (100KB, 456x366px) Image search: [Google]
1334335398842.jpg
100KB, 456x366px
>>381237808
>Linking Kotaku
>People ITT are actually clicking it
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.