[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the hate for DS3 so universal here >Not really into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 47

File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88KB, 332x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88KB, 332x330px
Why is the hate for DS3 so universal here

>Not really into games like souls
>Friends force me to play DS3; I am impressed by the graphics
>They lend me a controller to play it on and give me a USB containing the game files
>Begin to enjoy Souls and now I'm thinking about playing the others
Why does everyone here go REEEEEEEEE when it's mentioned?
>>
File: 1429050349811.jpg (49KB, 383x458px) Image search: [Google]
1429050349811.jpg
49KB, 383x458px
>>381215371
>>
>>381215371
>I'm impressed by the graphics
Is this your first videogame ever after zelda on the NES?
>>
>>381215371
You're thinking of DaS2, DaS3 is usually considered decent tier.
>>
>>381215371
it's not bad, its just so average its frustrating
>>
>>381215502
>DaS3 is usually considered decent tier.
My sides
Only vocal minority likes this game here, and most of them are pc fags
Most of people agree that DaS3 was uninspired garbage without single good thing about it
>>
>>381215371
I love it. I think the pacing, combat, and atmosphere is excellent, as well as the sense of scale of the game.

Of course, then you have contrarian faggots who'll tell you that that abortion DS2 is great, but pay them no mind.
>>
>>381215371

If it was a Sony exclusive nu-/v/ would slobber its dick non-stop and claim it was a perfect master peice.
>>
>>381215371
>I am impressed by the graphics

The fact this is your first thought about the game says fucking everything.
>>
>>381215371
it had lost the dark souls appeal by the time the got to ds3
its their 5th game you know
half of the game was a "Rerun" of previous games and lore
it was the first souls that nothing could kill me by surprise
its a great game but low on the souls list
>>
>>381215450
>>381215763
Does it upset you I enjoy visually appealing games? Do you prefer your games to be the colour and texture of cardboard? Your personalities definitely give that impression; and are also probably similar in colour
>>
>>381215616

t. console warring S0NYgger
>>
>>381215891
The problem is that the souls games have pretty shoddy graphics. It's obvious that wasn't there focus and isn't their strong point. It doesn't need to be, but saying the graphics are impressive is just ignorant.
>>
File: 1497936807768.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497936807768.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>381215371
I like how this game in particular rewards ng+ by allowing you to fuse together certain boss weapons for an entirely new weapon.
I also really enjoyed the ringed city DLC. A lot of people didn't like it because they say the areas are re-used along with some bosses, which is true. While it is lazy, it is actually explained very well over the course of the game, and it's wrapped up pretty nicely in the ringed city. Also the mound makers covenant is literally the best thing to happen to PVP.
>>
>>381216160
He probably meant aesthetic of the game. It's his first soul game so maybe he dig the atmosphere. Not literal graphic but more of the design if the game.
>>
>>381216160
I would like to say that I said that to get guaranteed replies but things like the effort that went into level design and how tiny things like cloth physics made me persevere with a game I wouldn't normally play
>>
>>381216316
Atmosphere, thanks that's what I was looking for
The levels are just so vast, depressing with so much attention to detail they are very rich and easy to get lost in

That's what I mean
>>
>>381215891
I like games that care more about being fun than being shiny.

Opinions like yours are why games are shit now, so congratulations you fucking casual.
>>
File: 1497472093640.png (510KB, 599x652px) Image search: [Google]
1497472093640.png
510KB, 599x652px
>>381215371
Because it is easily the worst of the 3, but is paraded around as either the best, or one of, because of the Miyazaki meme, and being the newest one.
It fails in too many areas that it should be great in to be considered good. The only decent things about DaS3 is the return of the original art direction, and less clunky or floaty controls. Actually scratch that, the music is pretty good too, but nothing that really stands out more than any of the other tracks
Everything else is pretty damn weak. The game is extremely linear and none of the areas are any actual fun to go through, which hurts replayability hard. I'm still able to replay DaS1, 2, and Bloodborne just fine and have actual fun, but DaS3 replays just leave me dreading the next area and how boring it will be

PvP, while not important to some, is the absolute worst it has ever been. Invasions are nothing but gank fests, net code still shit, and the lack of any diverse builds makes it so that by the time you've fought 20 people, you've fought everything there is to see.

Bosses are pretty great presentation wise, but are almost too easy, and the solution for this in the DLC was to just give bosses fuckhuge amounts of health that made the fight a chore rather than a fun experience

Is DaS3 a bad game? No, that's silly, but it is easily the worst of the Souls due to it's lack of replayability, uninspired world, and general lack of care for the base game.
First dlc is garbage, 2nd is alright
>>
It's a great game, compared to DS2 it's phenomenal. But I think a lot of people, including me, were left a little underwhelmed with it after Bloodborne. BB was so fresh that going back to Dark Souls was just a disappointment.
I just think these games are at their best when each one takes place in a totally new universe.
>>
>>381216505
>Opinions like yours are why games are shit now
Games are shit now because they are visually appealing and with attention to detail, instead of being grey and drab like Fallout?

ok kid
>>
>>381216612
>lack of diverse builds
This.

If you keep your character under 60 and weapons under +10 you should be fine for invasions though.
>>
>>381215371
Once you play the others then you'll realize
>>
>>381216646
No, games are shit now because they spend more of their budget on graphics than they do on the actual game.

Your opinions are just the fucking worst. Let me be the first to welcome you to /v/, and also the first to tell you to GTFO.
>>
It was alright. A fuck ton better than 2. But worse than 1 and DeS.
>>
>>381215663
The pacing sucks so bad that everything after Undead settlement (Maybe aside from Cathedral of the Deep) until Irithyll makes me want to stop playing because the game's bosses don't really pick up until Pontiff. The most rigid and least interconnected progression order for areas in the series definitely didn't help.
Combat is also kind of shit. Character control is second best in the series but actual combat design is ass and that doesn't help the aforementioned issue.
DaS3 was good for one playthrough and then all its issues started to grate on me.
DaS2 is good but obviously broken.

>>381216268
>I like how this game in particular rewards ng+ by allowing you to fuse together certain boss weapons for an entirely new weapon.
One time. DaS2 did NG+ better.
>>
>>381216985
oh my, an ''oldfag'' ;-)

want me to tell you how I know you're new?
>>
>>381216423
Okay, I can see that. The armor designs are pretty nice and getting more armor was definitely a driving force. It is certainly a detailed game in many ways.
I'm not sure why it gets all the hate either; it's my favorite of the Souls games and I started with Dark Souls 1.
>>
DS3 is still my favorite, and I've played every Souls game since DeS.
>>
>>381216612
I agree with everything you said.
>>
File: 1497891832109.png (52KB, 303x332px) Image search: [Google]
1497891832109.png
52KB, 303x332px
Ds3 is a culmination of the series "highlights"
If it's your first time seeing it then it's impressive. But if it's the last thing in the series then it's stuff you've seen before
>>
>>381217859
*Your last game in the series
I'll add that SoC is fucking cool as shit
>>
>>381215371
It doesn't get THAT much hate here outside of minmaxing pvp only faggots who cry about "muh poise!"
>>
>>381215450
WOAH NICE GRAPHICS ID LIKE TO GET MY HAND ON THAT GAME
>>
>>381215404
aaaah i hate this comic
>>
>>381215371
It had the best bosses of the DS series for sure. Yeah, the first few were lackluster, but Pontiff, Dancer, Aldrich, Twin Princes, Nameless Kang, Soul of Silver and and the DLC bosses were a lot better than what DS1 had to offer. Can't really think of any DS1 boss that could hold a candle to the better DS3 bosses aside from the DLC ones and O&S.
>>
>>381215404
That looks retarded
>>
>>381218234
>nameless kang
i honestly intended to write king but that kang just came by itself.
>>
>>381216612
Any areas in particular that you dislike the most?
>>
>>381215371
The combat is destroyed and it fucks with your perception of how Souls games play to have so many mechanics be useless or broken. Backstepping basically doesn't work at all in PvP and the distance you created is always negated by netcode. Rolling is fucking infinite for anyone who has ever played a Souls game before, even Bloodborne, and it leads to 90% reactionary combat in PvE as well as PvP. Aggression is just not rewarded. Equip load basically doesn't function at all, as rolling and stamina regen at any weight under 70% is overpowered. No 50% or 40% builds. Poise is somehow the most useless iteration in the series and the most exploitable at the same time all because you just wait for attacks to land to guarantee hits and it's completely unknown to the opponent.

Straightswords and greatswords outdamage all manner of ultra greatswords except the obvious meta choices like Lothric UGS or Exile, and it's simply because ultras have abysmal base damage. Armor is shitty yet at the same time blocks magic and most other infusions pretty damn well.

It has by far the largest selection of purposely inferior builds and weapons in the series, and in this game they won't even hold up in PvE.

The world is shit and has no real exploration after the first 4 areas, and even when there is it pales to the other games in the series.. DLC is mostly shit including Ringed City outside really good bosses.

It also seems like they planned PvE covenants at some point like DaS2 and never finished them, so invasions from bots are extremely irregular.
>>
>>381215371
start from the first you newfag
>>
>>381218434
Not him but that poison swamp is just painful, I always try to get it done as fast as possible.
>>
>>381218558
why should I
>>
>>381216495
Well if you love that then try bloodborne next. Might fit your cup of coffee.
>>
>>381218747
No PS4 otherwise I would have by now
>>
I like a lot of the streamlining when it comes to armor and playing shieldless is a lot more viable and fun now. Poise was a meme crutch for shitters and I'm happy it's gone. Some weapon arts are just too shitty to have practical use though.
>>
It's a mediocre, safe retread of every game before it.
It's like the New Super Mario Bros 2. of the series.
DaS2 is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.
Both are corporate mandated trash and I really hope there really isn't a 4.
>>
>>381216612
they tried too hard to incorporate bloodborne elements, and unfortunately, this means gameplay and atmosphere were both affected. Souls was never a horror series. It was always strictly dark fantasy. But here you have hollows screaming bloody murder, and abominations right out of bloodborne, complete with a grim grey color pallete reminiscent of Bloodborne.

the gameplay similarly, was clearly influenced by Bloodborne's fast combat.

the early network tests and demos had no equip burden, and having played both the network test and the final game, I can tell you it becomes painfully obvious the game was designed around no equip burden. But, people complained that it wouldnt be a souls game without it, so From added equip burden and rebalanced the whole game to make it work.

only they did it halfassed, enemies still have 10000 hit combos that are harder to avoid with heavy armor, and the way they changed poise (lol what poise) from DaS2, means heavy armor is entirely unviable at all, and doesnt even provide that much of a defense boost in the first place. I never thought i'd see myself actually praising the way DaS2 did poise, but Jesus, here we are.

Combat was also made faster by having some of the fastest movesets in the series. But at the same time, due to the afforementioned issues, heavy weapons, despite being faster, are now useless in the face of 200mhp swings from fast weapon users. in DaS2 you could at least poisetank most fast weapons if you played right. but with DaS3 ruining poise to force you to use it's shitty weapon art system, poisetanking attacks is no longer entirely viable, as poise now only applies when you are like halfway through the animation, meaning your opponent has to be an actual certifiable retard to still be standing there when your poise kicks in.

DaS3 is a hot mess that really shows how Bloodborne and Souls gameplay don't really mix. you do either one or the other, you cant have it both ways
>>
>>381216612
This kinda goes hand in hand with how I feel about the levels in the series. DaS2 easily has the largest selection of offensively bad levels, but it's always better to be offensive than to leave no impression. The levels evoke some fear in their exploration outside enemies at least.

In DaS3 the only fear levels evoke in you is that you have a high chance of being cornered by hyper aggro, and you don't have to worry about trap obstacles while exploring for chests because there is neither a majority of the time.
>>
>>381217952
>I'll add that SoC is fucking cool as shit
he's cool, and there's some amuement and a "wow" factor when he uses shit like the ninja flip, but he's not that impressive when you realize he's entirely unoriginal. He's just a mashup of generic player movesets from 1+3, and then a rehash of Gwyn.

Once you fight him a second time you realize just how dull a boss he really is. For the big great Sendoff to the souls series, he was a garbage final boss
>>
I'm impressed most of you are giving thought out responses I was 50% fishing for (yous)

I will keep this is mind. I'll definitely play the other ones now.

Although, I'm not a fan of playing games chronologically just because 4chins told me to.

So, what do you virgins think is a better game?

DS1 or DS2, whichever gets more votes will be my next choice.
>>
>>381217859
It'd be nice if the highlights and references were properly done but they all pale in comparison to the originals.
>References to cutting tails off of dragons like in DaS1
>Two dead dragons (Undead Settlement & Archdragon Peak)
>Oceiros is a dragon (Seath reference)
>Yorshka is half dragon (Priscilla reference)
>Ancient Wyvern
>A generic dragon can land in Archdragon Peak (Camera glitches out)
>Storm King (Also no interaction with the Storm Ruler that is in the game as a reference but it does nothing outside of its bossfight anyway despite not losing its charge effect)
>Midir
>No Dragons can have their tails severed
Disgraceful.

>>381217962
Lack of poise is pretty bad for the PvE as well since it not only results in situations where small enemies can stagger the player no matter what armor they wear but also results in poorer enemy design in general.

>>381218234
DLC bosses in 3 weren't that good.
Friede and Gael are kind of good despite some faults and Demon Prince at least isn't terrible but 3/6 of the bosses are pretty bad.
Aldrich is also kind of a mess and Champion Gundyr is better.
>>
>>381218434
Almost the entirety of Lothric Castle, crab and poison swamp, and Irithyl off the top of my head. I know lots of folk thought Irithyl was pretty, but I honestly don't like icey settings and the actual run through the area is pretty dull, though I did enjoy the shortcuts, somewhat. Still mad we never got a more desert like setting
I really dislike a majority of the areas, with The Cathedral, and one other I can't remember being the ones I kinda liked
>>
>>381215891
no I prefer good fucking games. I don't care what it looks like as long as I can differentiate the shit on screen and it's fun.
>>
>>381219446
DaS is a stronger overall package but DaS2 is easier to get into.

Also make sure they are Prepare to Die or Scholar of the First Sin because DLC is crucial to these games.
>>
File: 1460553376281.jpg (200KB, 600x863px) Image search: [Google]
1460553376281.jpg
200KB, 600x863px
>>381215371
DaS3 is the best game in the series, it's only topped off by DaS1's first half's level design being all interconnected.

>rolling iframes feel perfect
>every boss is fun, though the first ones have rather low hp
>a ton of different weapons
>charge attacks
>estus system with the mana twist
>fucking great visually
>way faster than the previous games
>generally great hitboxes (and the best in the series too)
>most polished in the series
>you can play it at 60 fps without issues like stair sliding and lol durability
>tons of armor sets
>PVP arena

all the complaints you hear will amount to "but this and this are simmilar to DaS1 baww" or some vague complaint that will make the poster disappear if you ask for clarification, the only actual problem with the game is some bonfire placements being donkers

you'd probably enjoy Bloodborne a lot, the game is simmilar in many aspects to DaS3, and maybe try out DaS1 too, it'll be an inferior game but definetly "must-play" because of the interconnected level design (unless it's not your kind of thing)
>>
>>381215371
They are nostalgia son of a whores or platform loyalists.

This is the objective rankings:

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES
>>
>>381218434
Lothric castle because its an uninspired rehash of the first area, and its possibly one of the worst boring slogs in the series, fighting the same old screeching hollows. Grand archives isn't far off, as it lacks challenging enemies for an area that late in the game

Farron keep is ok once you know where the stuff you need is. Get a dagger and spam the weapon art to move at a decent pace and youre fine
>>
>>381215371
It's popular
>>
>>381219446
just play them both, they are both good, but they are really different.

Not to mention opinions on DaS2 are extremely polarized because of the development issues the game suffered.

if you HAVE to only play 1 like a contrarian, then at least play the original Dark Souls, to get a feel for why people complain about 3.

otherwise, play both 1 and 2. they are both good.
>>
>>381215371
>Rehashes a lot of old content (Anor Londo, Siegmeyer, etc.)
>Drops everything good about DS2 (power stance, more weapon types, bonfire ascetics, %based rolls, etc.)
>Magic is unviable for PvE, save maybe Pyromancy
>Miracles are so disgustingly weak it's not even funny
>Poise is awkward as hell
>Heavy armor is useless
>Didn't fix the horrible netcode
>0/10 Optimization
>No closure to the story
That's a few I can think of.
>>
It's overall a good game, people like to call it average because they don't understand how shit the average game is. Sony.ggers will also just shit all over any of the games that aren't DeS or Bloodborne and should be ignored
>>
>>381218434
Most people will mention Farron Keep but as someone who started with DaS2, areas with inherently difficult exploration really get me off. Farron Keep is my favorite. but fuck Catacombs. Should've never been a mandatory level. It's a damn chalice dungeon.
>>
>>381219754
I fee like you in particular should actually read through a few posts here instead of what sounds like youtube comments.
Not saying you can't like DaS3, but I'd say most of the posts here explain DaS3 hate pretty damn well
>>
>>381220451
>instead of what sounds like youtube comments.
I've been through threads shitting on DaS3 since release, never seen actual good critique, skimmed through this thread, saw some mentions of muh poise and somethingsomethingserieshighlights, just the same bullshit as always
>>
>>381220201
catacombs of carthus were fine. Now Demon Ruins on the other hand...
>>
>>381220807
>never seen actual good critique

Obviously because you don't read them, as you said.
>>
>>381220807
>never seen actual good critique,
>everything I disagree with is not good critique so ill ignore it
>>
>>381221028
>>381221116
point me out to some posts then

inb4 it's a bunch of "I don't like area X because I don't like snow and this area is bad because it reminds me of DaS1 which I praise"
>>
>>381221020
The level feeds you constant brown and drab corridors ad nauseum and weeb skeletons are the worst enemies in the game for a physical build because they all punish aggression and have ghosting hitboxes.
>>
>>381220807
What about
>>381216612
>>381217031
>>381218451
>>381219054
>>381220071

These are all pretty valid critiques that touch up on the games various problems besides poise and DaS1 callbacks
>>
>>381215730
If it was a Sony exclusive, Japan studio would've probably been involved and the game might have actually been good.
>>
>>381221192
how about you read the thread you cockmuncher.
>>381216612
>>381217031
>>381218451
>>381219054
>>
File: 1438441637403.jpg (795KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1438441637403.jpg
795KB, 1240x1754px
>>381221336
>linear
linear=/=bad
>hurts replayability
no it doesn't
>I'm still able to replay DaS1, 2, and Bloodborne just fine and have actual fun, but DaS3 replays just leave me dreading the next area and how boring it will be
this is not an issue of lack of linearity, but rather of disliking the areas (which amounts to shit taste, considering DaS3 has the best areas in any Souls game)
>PVP
>worst
the game is at the fastest and tightest it's ever been while also having a quick to use PVP arena, it's at its best
>Bosses are too easy
the first ones, definetly, later on they get back to normal and are only "easy" because the rolling works properly in this game

>first dlc is garbage
no, your face is garbage

>no interconnection
that doesn't make the levels worse, it makes them not interconnected, interconnected is neat, but that's it, it's neat, nothing more
>makes me want to stop playing because the game's bosses don't really pick up until Pontiff.
>shitting on Gundyr, Vordt, Greatwood, the optional Demon, Wolnir and Old Demon King

>Combat is also kind of shit. Character control is second best in the series
I'm not even going to bother responding to someone who thinks DaS3's controls aren't the most solid in the series, this is just plain w r o n g

>small weapons outdamaging big weapons
big weapons are for dealing with regular enemies, by staggering them and killing them before they can even do anything, provided you time your attacks correctly
>It has by far the largest selection of purposely inferior builds and weapons in the series, and in this game they won't even hold up in PvE.
yet no mention of said builds
>The world is shit and has no real exploration after the first 4 areas,
now I'm wondering if this poster even played the fucking game at all

I'm at the third post and all I see is bullshit, why should I even go on?
>>
>>381215371
ignore /v/. Finished it yeasterday, great game. Only das 2 is really shit compared to the brilliant other souls games. DAS/DES/BB best tho. Das3 is really nice but you can tell they should really stop making these now. The fumes are out.
>>
>>381222572
How old are you, and be honest, was DaS3 your first souls game?
>>
>>381222572
>considering DaS3 has the best areas in any Souls game)
this is shit tier bait and you know it. But you went through the trouble of actually responding to every single part of the post, so have a (you) anyway
>>
>>381222572
The rigid area progression is bad though.
It hurts replayability because everything is optimally done in the same order and deviation typically has you hit a dead end.
It has alright areas but Road of Sacrifice, Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep and to a lesser extent the Catacombs are a succession of shit areas.
The actual PvP outside of the arena is shit.
First DLC is short and has one real boss.
Being interconnected is good (Especially if you can't warp to every bonfire which was a bad decision in 2 already), not being good equates to being worse.
Wolnir is shit. The problem is that they're a succession of easy as fuck bosses aside from Watchers that depend which depend on your weapon choice.
Bloodborne is the competition for best controls so it's kind of arguable.
Every weapon staggers regular enemies.
Sorcery and Miracles.
>>
>>381215891
But DS3 isnt visually appealing. Outside of Irithyll everything is gray sludge with shit textures.

DaS1 and sotfs are the best of the souls games. Play either of them imo.

Reason why i dislike 3, it just isnt very interesting after the previous two - plus rolling in das3 is idiotically overpowered. The game in general isnt very challening (as someone with souls experince). Like not dying to the majority of the bosses kinda sucks when you wanted a challenge.
>>
>>381222929
DaS2 may have been shit.

Sotfs is great - if you say otherwise without a damn good list of reasons why, you are nothing but a bangwagoning faggot without their own opinion.
>>
>>381219754
I didn't like it as much as DaS or DeS because it never surprised me, it was just more of the same. It was also definitely the easiest.
>>
>>381215371
Because it's much more linear than ds1. It's still a great game, but you don't have the same sense of exploration that you had in ds1
>>
>>381224097
Thank you. People say I'm trying to bait when i say the game feels easy, but it just does. None of the big bads have any build up to them and they're all kind of easy. I remember being stuck on OnS and vendrick and ancient dragon for what seemed like days. But no fight in this game ever gave me the same feeling.
>>
>>381215371
As a person who played all their games more than once and on release I can tell you that this hate is coming from DS2 babbys and retarded nostalgia cucks while DS3 is simply the best From soft game ever created
- best bosses with deep lore each
- best fashion
- best soundtrack
- best weapon choice (literally every boss souls weapon worth something unlike BB when only 3 of them were good and the others were meh trash)
- replayability and stats respec option

Neo v is full of retarded kids.
>>
>>381224449
I don't think Vendrick or Ancient Dragon really earn that praise. Maybe they're not easy but they're not hard in a satisfying way since they just have a load of health and deal a lot of damage.
>>
File: tumblr_o917es1RSG1u10jf6o1_1280.jpg (176KB, 816x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o917es1RSG1u10jf6o1_1280.jpg
176KB, 816x900px
>>381216612
> Dumb weeb
> pvp faggot
> retarded opinion
my my, why am I not surprised?
>>
>>381224694
Don't all hard bosses fit into that category
>>
>>381224573
Out of everything in this thread, this is the most blatant bait
>>
File: 1433817454983.gif (887KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
1433817454983.gif
887KB, 500x674px
>>381223313
I'm 27, played Demons in 2008, the chinese version, DaS1 after the PC version got released, Bloodborne at a friend's (no DLC though), DaS2 right before DaS3 release (it was the SOFTS version), DaS3 on release, replayed DaS1, replayed DaS2 (vanilla version, and I'd say it's a complete waste of time compared to the SOFTS version though, as in, every change I noticed was a good change, don't bother playing the vanilla), then DaS3 with DLC, and recently I bought a PS4 and just finished playing BB with DLC (and now I'm forcing myself through Chalice Dungeons, these are being a chore)

>>381223501
I completely disagree, I loved Undead Settlement, I loved the forest (specially getting gud at the crabs), I loved the demon ruins (didn't like the fat demons with fire orbs though), the Cathedral of the Deep is probably my favorite level in the series, Archdragon Peak is probably the hardest area I've been to (though I blamde it on the damage of those snakemen), and the only areas that can compare to DaS3 areas are Undead Burg and the Depths from DaS1, and Latria from Demons

>>381223831
same is better all around I can enjoy it and now the previous ones are lower in my eyes

making another post becaus of character limit
>>
>>381224449
I died to the nameless king about 6 times, because I was using creightons dragonslayer axe (part lightning dmg - so did dick all dmg to NK himself but destroyed his dragon). After switching to a different weapon I killed NK straight away. Every other boss was a cakewalk.

I was SO disappointed that I oneshot the dancer, she was so fucking cool - I wanted her to be a challenge and dick me over, but nope, easy :/.
>>
>>381216612
2 will always be the worst.
>>
>>381224573
>retarded nostalgia cucks
But my issue is that it felt too similar. They really played it safe in DS3, nothing was terribly difficult or surprising. It felt like a "Souls: Greatest Hits"
>>
>>381224796
If you have an actual argument, I'd like to see it
>>381224882
Not when 3 exists
>>
File: 1493155548338.jpg (270KB, 1249x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1493155548338.jpg
270KB, 1249x1027px
>>381215371
>/v/ IS ONE FUCKING PERSON
>>
>>381224808
> bait
0/10 post, DS2 babby. Try harder, cuck
>>
>>381224573
you have to be some idiotic 15 year old.

Nobody with a semblance of maturity could be so objectively bankrupt.
>>
>>381224823
That gif has higher FPS then my game
>>
BB>DES>DAS>DAS3>KINGS FIELD SERIES>DAS2
>>
>>381224990
You have to be 18 to post here, anon
>>
File: 1387980229052.jpg (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1387980229052.jpg
156KB, 800x800px
>>381216612
>>
>>381224938
Why would I waste my time on arguing with weeb retard? Besided, I wrote my opinion on the game already. DS3 is great in every aspect, only retarded newfag will deny that
>>
>>381224882
2 or sotfs, you need to state which.

DaS2 - no argument. Sotfs? Fuck no, better than 3 easily.
>>
>>381215371
it's nothing compared to bloodborne. pcbros are the only ones who like DS3 because it's the only somewhat "decent" game they've gotten in the past few years.
>>
>>381225049
Close.
BB=DES>DAS>DAS3>KF1>KF2>DAS2>the rest of the King's Fields
>>
>>381225092
> answering with fresh meme
sup, underage
>>
>>381225254
fresh meme?

wow, you really are new.
>>
>>381225136
You seem to be under the implication that I've watched whatever anime the pink haired girl is from, I just thought her face suited what I was going for.
Good to see you don't have an argument though
>>
>>381225010
> U WRONG GAME SHITT!1!11!!
nice opinion here, Jamal. Not my fault you're such a manchild who stuck in late 2010s
>>
>>381225254
Ah, so you are underage
>>
>>381215371
It feels rushed and incomplete. The original game has very little closure, most of the tropes and NPCs are rehashed. Half of the NPCs don't even have quests to finish, they just sit around Firelink instead of hollowing or doing anything at all.

The DLC is supposedly the last entry of the Dark Souls series (I don't buy it), and ends on the most nothing ending possible. There's not even a cut scene, and the name dropping of the Dark Soul feels completely cheesy.
>>
>>381225342
> game's linear
yah, just like your only brain cell
>>
>>381225421
argument is greentext shitposting.

wew.
>>
File: 1461033541340.png (525KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1461033541340.png
525KB, 1040x1040px
>>381224803
Midir is hard and felt satisfying to fight, same for the Nameless King, Fredo and Ariandel, and the Slave Knight

>>381224218
same is better all around I can enjoy it and now the previous ones are lower in my eyes
(I posted this on the other post, but misquoted the other reply)

>>381223831
>The rigid area progression is bad though.
>It hurts replayability because everything is optimally done in the same order and deviation typically has you hit a dead end.
I always go to every area on my playthroughs of the series unless I don't know of them, so I don't get the "linearity automatically trashes the game" meme

>It has alright areas but Road of Sacrifice, Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep and to a lesser extent the Catacombs are a succession of shit areas.
I disagree, to me their openess brings a lot of variety to the game and having to locate yourself using landmarks and the satisfaction of a full clear are intensified by the area's size and openess, and Catacombs being a trap-riddled shithole with dangerous enemies and illusory walls really sets the tone for it

>The actual PvP outside of the arena is shit.
that's really determined by the players involved in it, just like in every game, depending on how much they abuse the level design, run away instead of fighting, etc etc

>First DLC is short and has one real boss.
you're telling me you disliked the gravekeeper fight? I enjoy the ocasional NPC with a ton of health fight, specially because it had a cool as fuck weapon, I love the gladiator theme'd shield and short sword
also 2 bosses is rather little in number, but there's also the wolf chase, and the areas were really good in structure and visuals

>Being interconnected is good (Especially if you can't warp to every bonfire which was a bad decision in 2 already), not being good equates to being worse.
that's like going "every game should have multiplayer because multiplayer is good, not being good equates to being worse"

cont.
>>
File: 1432357404363.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432357404363.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>381225342
>You seem to be under the implication that I've watched whatever anime the pink haired girl is from, I just thought her face suited what I was going for.
This is a first, jesus christ anon.
>>
>>381225565
That all you got or did you just hit post on accident
>>
>>381225623
> brain dead n.cuck keep exposing his blasted asshole itt
absolutely disgusting. Pls leave
>>
>>381225734
What?
>>
>>381225993
....once again...

argument is greentext shitposting.

wew.

Not doing yourself any favours other than proving your inability to argue a point kiddo.
>>
>>381225176
The fact that Scholar exists at all, and that it is arguable whether or not it's superior or inferior to the original release should be a mark against Dark Souls 2 in and of itself.
>>
>>381226271
Why?

Just because something was bad once doesn't mean it will always be bad, especially once it has had the majority if not all issues fixed.
>>
Why do people say DS3 is the best when it's just Bloodborne 2 but worse?
>>
File: 1384638839696.jpg (40KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1384638839696.jpg
40KB, 500x495px
>>381222572
>>381224573
I like these guys. Midir and Gael are simply the best bosses From soft ever created.
>>
File: 1451646289610.jpg (331KB, 1280x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1451646289610.jpg
331KB, 1280x1494px
>>381223831
>Wolnir is shit. The problem is that they're a succession of easy as fuck bosses aside from Watchers that depend which depend on your weapon choice.
their hp should be higher imo, their movesets are fine and the game is easier than the previous ones because it has pratically no bullshit attacks or level design, as well as having the most consistent rolling in the series)
>Bloodborne is the competition for best controls so it's kind of arguable.
I'd consider them tied if it wasn't for no shield in BB and being FORCED into dashing (which sometimes is a blessing, sometimes it's cancer) when locked on

now I barely use shields at this point in the series, but every now and then I'd get to an enemy with at least 1 attack in his moveset that had extremely low startup, though the problem is mitigated by these attacks dealing (usually) low damage, I still wish they weren't in the game at all, when in the rest of the games in the series I can wait for the boss' opening with my shield raised and if he pulls off one of those quick-weak attacks, I won't be punished by it (the prime example being Pontiff)

>Every weapon staggers regular enemies.
tell that to me trying to use twin winged knights axes on bigger enemies and getting wrecked by them still attacking, or enemies with shield, getting staggered by their shield and then punished

>Sorcery and Miracles.
if they make these strong they fucking destroy bosses (you can destroy Ornstein in like 5 seconds if you pop everything at him for example as a sorcerer), and the way they are they're still useful against regular enemies on the game, because sniping is really good (though it requires patience as opposed to just rushing head in and risking losing hp for it), and even makes some areas trivial (like in DaS2, on the Iron Keep, that open area where there's a ton of archers, you can snipe them down and then have a fair fight against the iron-clad weaboos)
>>
File: latest.png (15KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
15KB, 220x165px
DaS3 doesn't have Bone Fist. Why the fuck did they not add something similar in DaS3?
>>
>>381225543
>travel to the literal end of the world
>slay the culmination of all humanity in one person
>collect what is essentially THE Dark Soul reassembled and use it to fashion an immortal world free of entropy, the closest the series has got to a happy end
>no closure

What, did you want the bonfire maiden to suck your dick or something?
>>
>>381226447
Who the fuck says dk3 is best? It's universally agreed on /v/ that dark souls 2 is the absolute best souls game.
>>
>>381226258
....plebbit is there, kiddo -->

>>
>>381219446
if you like nice world and level-design, you will love DaS1. after you play it a little, you will start to notice that you are actually visiting the places you can only make out at the horizon, or below you at the bottom of the burg. there are many intersections, and on your first run, you will often stand before some enemies, thinking "maybe i'm too early".

DaS2 feels a lot different to DaS1 in terms of level-design and enemy placement. for me, it was much harder than 1, mostly because there were much more enemies per encounter who tend to rush you together.

gameplay-wise, DaS1 is really fun to play as some armored dude, because of how heavy you feel, and the medium roll really being a medium roll. also, heavy attack from a zweihander literally smashes a lot of enemies right into the ground.
>>
>>381215371
Because /v/ is retarded. Don't listen to them, just play what you like
>>
>>381215663
>spam roll spam R1
>excellent combat
You're the cancer that killed the Souls series.
>>
If 3 came out first everyone would say it was the best one. DS1 was most peoples first souls games thats why its dick is sucked.

Literally why FF7 is the most popular FF.
>>
>>381226598
You're still not putting forth a single argument...

just spouting off memes you've read before.
>>
>>381226716
That's every souls game, Anon.
>>
>>381226623
r2 pancakes are fun
>>
>>381226716
> spam roll spam R1 was introduced in DS3 lel lel lel
A whone new level of bait coming from DS2 pleb
>>
Ds2 and 3 are both legitimately bad games. Ds2 is definitely worse in most aspects, but there was an actual attempt made by people that had no idea what the fuck they were doing. DS3 is only bad because no fucks were given. It was draped in series veterans including everyone's beloved Mitsubishi and so has no excuses. Thus It's a worse game than DS2.
>>
>>381215616

Man, video games are serious business.
>>
>>381215371
Just bought it what do i go for /v/?
In bloodborne i was total Sigmund sword fanboy...
whats best build to stay flexible i hate being armoured sloth
>>
>>381226869
> plebbit spenidng 30 mins of his life on shitposting
> he's somehow expecting people to have a dialogue with him
How retarded you think you are by the scale from 0 to 10? Just curious.
>>
>>381227146
Use pyromancy (Rapport and Dark Fire Orb will fuck up pretty much everything) and a fast weapon, armor doesn't really matter
>>
>>381226956
>>381226976
Didn't know you had infinite stamina, infinite iframes and zero recovery in DaS1 and DaS2. Just the fact that attacks in DaS2 have lingering hitboxes means that you can't spam rolls.
>>
File: 1461514541644.jpg (281KB, 1280x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1461514541644.jpg
281KB, 1280x1029px
>>381226503
>>381223831
cont.'d again

And while generally I'd just go "I respect your opinion etc etc" when talking about the bosses in the series, I can't bring myself to this with DaS3 considering how shit some early bosses in DaS1 are, like the Capra and Taurus demons, Asylum demon (1st one you face only, the other ones are interesting though I bet most people hate the non-meme shockwaves) and Gaping Dragon. Bloodborne's bosses are fine overall I think, once you learn to not always lock on bosses so you're able to roll instead of dashing (I don't remember how many times I got stuck on gravestones on the Gascoigne fight because of the dash, fuck, even NPC fights that I'm enjoying sometimes end up way early because they dash off of a cliff, like Djura for example, NEVER KILLED HIM LEGIT), and DaS2... to be honest, I have a hard time finding more than 4 legit bosses on it (not counting the DLCs, it's been way too long and I played through the DLCs with a friend, so I'd rather not even comment on them, every other boss in the series however I've solo'd)

In the end I think it's simply better to talk about individual bosses rather than keep grouping them together by game and shitting on the entire game for it

>>381226545
this, however, is a big stain on the DaS3 (and Bloodborne I dare say) name: why the FUCK didn't they add the Bone Fist to DaS3 (and/or as a trick weapon on BB)? what the FUCK From? one of the few things that was fucking great about DaS2 and you don't bring it back? really?
>>
>>381227235
I said you were objectively bankrupt.

You've then continued to do nothing but use greentext and buzzwords.

Everyone can see who the retard is here friendo.
>>
>>381218321
HOL UP
>>
>>381227469
>you're retarded
>no you're retarded
>NO YOU'RE RETARDED
You're both retarded.
>>
>>381227469
> appealing to somebody else itt
Yeah, that's you, neo v attention whore shitposter.
>>
>>381215371
>Why is the hate for DS3 so universal here
How many times do we need to have this thread? If you know about it then read the posts regarding it.
>>
>>381227308
>armor doesn't really matter
Oh okay i only played demon souls and bloodborne and in demon armour charged the flow of the game by a fuckton
>>
>>381227801
>Charged
Changed*
>>
>>381227801
Yeah it's more like BB, except with a (super forgiving) equip load softcap of 70%
>>
>>381227605
At this point, you're probably right. I was just curious is this pleb would ever put forth a unique thought of his own, but alas. I'll drop him now.
>>
>>381215371

Don't know about the rest of /v/, and I don't hate it, but it did feel less inspired than the first and even the second one. Felt like it was simply made out of obligation (which it was).

>Nostalgia!

I played the games for the first time this year.
>>
>>381227343
are you seriously citing DaS2's busted ass hitboxes as a point in it's favor
>>
File: 1451649588335.jpg (825KB, 1200x1617px) Image search: [Google]
1451649588335.jpg
825KB, 1200x1617px
>>381227146
my STR strategy:
>start as bandit
>don't level the axe at the blacksmith
>get through the area where the dragon breathes fire to open a door that has a chest inside with a dark imbued axe, use it but don't level it either
>kill the first boss, use his soul to get the Vordt's Great Hammer
>use it for regular enemies, use a small and fast str weapon for bosses combined with rolling and shielding
>Reinforced Club and Butcher Knife are your best friends, level them and upgrade the RClub to Heavy (better scaling with str)
>level str up to equip shit whenever you acquire something you want to use, but then stop leveling offensive stats and go back to leveling HP/stamina
>get vigor to 20 ASAP, it's a huge increase in hp and it's not only good for surviving hits but also to make optimal use of the Estus Flask, after that level STR to 45~50 (it gives you more defense than other stats do when you level it, as well as increasing your damage)
>when you get to le meme poison swamp find a ladder that'll take you to a dead wolf and an elevator, up there there's an optional boss, kill him and make the Havel Ring with his soul, it's REALLY useful
>if you're feeling really confident, get the Winged Knight Twin Axes, make it heavy and +10, you can't use a shield while dual wielding them, but they deliver fucking great damage very quickly, perfect for bosses you can roll through consistently
>>
Coming from Bloodborne I found the first part of the game until you reach the Boreal Valley incredibly boring. It's just castle walls and swamps. The bosses are a joke until you reach the Pontiff which is the 7th boss I think. The end game takes a lot of inspirations from Bloodborne which is why it is so great I think.

When I finished Bloodborne I couldn't wait to replay the game and did but Dark Souls 3 didn't give me that feeling.
>>
>>381227605
White knight is arrived. Finally!
>>381227957
> being this BETA
holy crap son, no wonder you're such a trash talker with no taste at all. Will you gtfo to plebbit already?
>>
>>381215371
I'll tell you the problem with DaS3. In DaS1 and DaS2, the games were reasonably difficult if you only go at it with your basic combat skill, but when you decided to look out for different options, these made the games way easier. So you could decide to combine these options with your basic combat skill or rely entirely on it to challenge yourself. You have more options to make the game not tedious than tedious. This encourages replayability.

In DaS3, it's the reverse, your basic combat skill is the easier choice, while your other options make the game harder. On multiple playthroughs, you have more options to make the game tedious than not tedious. This kills the replayability.
>>
>>381228186
>Felt like it was simply made out of obligation
Which was also my biggest peeve with the last DLC. The very last release in the series and it was basically a "best of."
>Poison swamp
>TCarried by gargoyles
>Dragon bridge
>Crypt for no reason
>Patches
>Playing as a boss
>Last fight is basically Gwyn
It was fun, I'm not saying it was bad, but I was really hoping for something completely crazy to cap it off.
>>
>>381228408
That's funny because Bloodborne is literally castle walls and swamps until the nightmare worlds.

Oh no wait, Nightmare of Mensis is a castle too.
>>
File: 1462107367348.jpg (263KB, 535x629px) Image search: [Google]
1462107367348.jpg
263KB, 535x629px
Are the DLCs worth going through the entire game again? I'm replaying it right now (just finished Undead Settlement) for the first time since it released and it's just so fucking boring but I also want to check out the DLCs.
I wanna go back to DeS/DaS/BB.
>>
>>381226573
I'm mostly talking about the ORIGINAL base game as having no closure. Stuff like Irina becoming a psuedo-fire keeper, but having no interaction with eyes of the keeper/the Firekeeper. Karla not doing anything, Rosaria's Soul not restoring her tongue or doing anything functional (outside of getting a miracle), and Kaathe/Londor/Angelic factions and areas not really being present despite being discussed.

As far as the series as a whole and the dlc goes...
>The Monarch/Aldia never addressed in any meaningful way
>Velka never shows up
>Filianore, basically the last link of the gods, says nothing at all
>random dude is the final boss of the series
>wasteland is just an arena with a random ringed knight and Shira still alive, nothing left to explore after the fight
>dark soul pigment does nothing in game other than give a shitty line of dialogue from the painter girl
>>
>>381228189
Lingering hitboxes =/= Broken bitboxes, you fucking retard.
>>
>>381228778
They're alright, I wasn't blown away by either of em.
>>
>>381228934
So they're not The Old Hunters-tier? Fucking dropped.
>>
>>381229009
No but that's a bit unfair because imo the Old Hunters is one of the best expansions ever
>>
I played 2 first and I liked it pretty well.
A while later I play 1 and it felt essentially the same.
I played through 1 twice over the course of a couple of weeks in my down time. I am now playing 2 again before I buy 3. Holy shit 2 sucks so bad. 3 has to be better than this abortion.

Also Salt and Sanctuary is pretty good if you like 2d platformers with a soulsy twist.
>>
>>381228740
Not really

>Central Yharnam
>Bridge area
>Sewers
>Tomb of Oedeon
>Cathedral Ward
>Old Yharnam
>Healing Church Workshop
>Abandoned Old Workshop
>Hemwick Chapel Lane
>Research Building
>Hypogean Goul

THEN

you reach the forbidden woods. But they still work because it's dark and spoopy. But in DS3 it's not scary but just incredibly bland.
>>
File: 1402710948978.jpg (123KB, 851x719px) Image search: [Google]
1402710948978.jpg
123KB, 851x719px
>>381219054
>Souls was never a horror series. It was always strictly dark fantasy. But here you have hollows screaming bloody murder, and abominations right out of bloodborne, complete with a grim grey color pallete reminiscent of Bloodborne.

I think Miyazaki knows what Dark Souls is and what it isn't. Saying "thats right out of Bloodborne!!" is a fucking gay complaint. They both very clearly borrow gameplay and atmospheric elements from eachother.
If these things weren't in DS3 then you'd just be complaining about how nothing has changed. If they were in DS1 but not in DS3 you'd be saying "muh Souls was always a partial horror series, not a strict dark fantasy, where are the screaming hollows and other scary parts?"

Its so inconsequential and such a non-complaint that its almost as if you were looking for something to shit on the game because it didn't quite live up to your pre-teen DS1 nostalgia
>>
>>381229009
>>381228778
The last one is really good, some of FROMs best DLC I would argue. The first is incredibly short and besides a challenging DUDE THREE TIERS xD boss fight at the end is pretty shit.
>>
>>381215616
You have it the wrong way around m8, but keep believing that, delusional consolefag
>>
>>381228778
Painted World of Ariandel is very beautiful but like 1-2 hours long, includes ton of Old Hunter's aesthetics like rivers of blood

Ringed City: Dreg Heap feels and looks like Old Hunter's, after that the beginning of Ringed City is pretty nicely looking, too bad Miazaki wants you to explore an AMAZING SWAMP next and then you're up again and fight an underwhelming PVP boss before reaching the final impressive looking last stage.
>>
>>381215371
I like das3.
There are two big issues though: Rolling is just straight up too strong, and they tried REALLY hard to constantly show throwbacks to the first game, so much that it becomes annoying.
>>
>>381228778
Both of them together I'd say it's TOH tier (but overpriced). Individually, TRC is better than Artorias imo (except lorewise), while Ariandel is just equal to the better levels of DaS3's base game and nothing more.
>>
>>381228778
A few of the bosses and parts of the areas are pretty fun, I wasn't blown away like I was with DS1 and DS2 DLCs. They do add a lot of fun weapons and spells to play with, but if you find the game boring it's probably not worth it.

A lot of people find the last boss to be one of the best fights in the series, but I thought he was easy.
>>
>>381229517
AoA is good and beautiful but it's really too short even for today's standards
>>
>>381229646
>I thought he was easy
I got serious deja vu fighting that guy. He's so telegraphed and his moves are so basic, if you have any souls experience you'd swear you've fought him before. One of the few (legitimate) bosses in the series I beat on my first try.
>>
>>381229685
It is also full of shitty gank enemies

But I liked it a lot since it's not another swamp
>>
>>381229317
>castle town
>castle town bridge
>castle town swampy sewers
>castle town graveyard
>castle town with church people
>castle town with beasts
>castle town tower
>castle town garden
>SMALL VILLIAGE OUTSIDE THE CASTLE TOWN HOLY SHIT, oh wait it's a small detour that leads to another castle
>a literal building floating in space
>castle town with spoopy aliums and pigs

And then we get to the swampy forest of forestry swamps.

You see how being reductive in analyzing the design of areas is incredibly frustrating and misses the nuance?
>>
File: 1497374670266.jpg (76KB, 790x774px) Image search: [Google]
1497374670266.jpg
76KB, 790x774px
It was pretty fun the first run through but I definitely feel like it's got the least replayablity out of the series. Progression is pretty linear and any magic build that isn't a pyromancer is pretty garbage compared to any physical build. The fact that dodging costs nearly no stamina and has a ridiculous number of i-frames coupled with an extremely short recovery time means rolls can be spammed easily, with shields being very outclassed in comparison. Weapon Arts were neat but they were sometimes far too situational to get any use out of them. Complaints aside, I think it's a nice send off for the series, especially if you consider SoC to be the final boss and not Hobo Santa.
On another note, faith builds did get a buff throughout the latest patches and dlc, so they aren't as much of a garbage fire.
>>
>>381215371
Dark Souls 3 is a more polished game than the previous two, with much better bosses. People only hate it because it's the third game and has little identity of its own. That compounded with a decrease in total bullshit means that anyone with who had played a Souls game before this found it pretty easy.
>>
>>381229825
Spoilers for anyone that hasn't played it.

I think they tried to recapture some of the best moves in the series, but it ends up making him feel unoriginal.
His slams are Artorias, his red flame thing is like Manus burst, the rest of his moves are basically just Avelyn and destructo disc miracle, and he teleports like Lorian but weaker for some reason.
>>
>>381230169
That's not true at all

Dark Souls 3

>interesting area up to firelink shrine

then

>castle walls
>copypasted hemwick chapel lane "undead settlement"
>road of sacrificing mental health because of swamps
>farron keep swamps out of my vidya
>finally actually interesting cathedral of the deep

You have to agree that the first areas of Dark Souls 3 are fucking weak.
>>
>>381222572
>yet no mention of said builds

Not like posts have a character limit, yeah. Maybe I do need to say why builds are shit in DaS3 for the millionth time because it is so refreshing when you never listen.

Take DaS/DaS2. Say you want a cleric. Well 20 mins into either game and that cleric is ready. Well on his way with some good miracles and good damage, and you actually experience the game as a cleric and not 'trying to be' one.

Halfway through he can be any kind as well; heavy cleric, speedy cleric, mixed cleric, mixed heavy cleric, mixed speedy cleric, dark cleric, dark speedy cleric, dark heavy cleric, mixed/heavy/light hexer, etc.

One. Build. Category. All you need is available when you want.

DaS3? Finish the entire game for a whopping 2 blessed gems and topple ALL of ringed city for good offensive options. Most miracle users will have the same shit and you used maybe 3 weapons your entire playthrough that actually compliment your build.

Want a mono weapon in DaS/DaS2 to avoid needless investment? There's at least A or B scaling str/dex/int/fth weapons 10 mins into either game. Even if a weapon is mostly quality AR is still competitive.

DaS3? Mono weapons have shit AR outside gem infusions and patches and are very scarce to begin with. Gems are looted and since level progression is linear they come from actively increasing completion. You need to have completed the game for good gem sleection. Heavy gems are farmable from Milwood Knights in AoA however, which is good, and sharp gems are in good supply. Meanwhile elemental gems are in shit supply and this is bad news for anyone using both physical and elemental, but that's besides the point. This quickly forces anyone not using quality into a niche of 3 or 4 weapons because for some reason the game only wants some weapons to be good.

Magic is shit for obvious reasons being investment and damage and I can't touch on it because of character limit.
>>
>>381215371
3 is the best of the Dark Souls games, people were just expecting more and it didn't add many new mechanics. It was just more of the same and also very linear.

Bloodborne is the only other game worth playing if you want a similar experience.
>>
>>381230674
I can't believe they didn't put the fucking rusted ring in the game, not even in the DLC.
>>
>>381215371
Bloodborne and dark souls 3 have the best gameplay, even if they both have the shittiest bosses
>>
>>381228363
Sounds great i noted it
>>
>>381230306
>People only hate it because it's the third game and has little identity of its own.
End this meme, my man. DaS3 has several very obvious weakpoints:
>abundance of weak areas. looking at you, Farron Keep, Catacombs, Lothric Castle/Archives, Profaned Capital
>ONE (1) main path of progression that the game demands that you follow in every playthrough
>shitty bosses all strung together, like Vordt, Greatwood, Sage, Deacons, Wolnir all back-to-back with only Abyss Watchers breaking them up, makes the whole first third of the game a slog
>bizarre amount of useless builds -- why even bother including all of these weapons and playstyles if they're nonviable to the point of uselessness even in PVE?
>Weapon Arts are a garbage system that is garbage for 95% of all weapons
>coddling hosts way too much in pvp, system rigged too hard in their favor
>muh rolls
That being said, the high points of the game are really high. High points for me include exploration of the Undead Settlement, Irythyll, Untended Graves, and bosses like Sully, Champ, and NK. Not to mention the DLCs. but the low points are also really really low, so it gets an average grade on the whole.
>>
>>381219754
i legitimately can't tell if this is bait or not

half the things you listed are crippling problems with the game, e.g. rolling iframes which completely trivialise the combat and make shields/armor the least viable they've ever been

the estus mana system has the effect of gimping magic builds which are already gimped statistically while trivialising melee builds because they get such an abundance of healing, since the game needs to include enough for both builds to be viable but the melee never uses ashen estus so they literally get like 20 heals

listing "faster than previous games" as an improvement is subjective (personally i think it takes a lot of the weight out of the animations while failing to be as good as bloodborne because it doesn't carry over things like regain) but what is not subjective is the fact that the game uses the slow bloodborne/das1 netcode which coupled with a faster combat system makes it the worst pvp experience in the series, this is without talking about the other specific problems with the pvp such as the mechanical simplicity or the completely botched invasions. it's worth pointing out that the speed combined with the absence of poise combined with some of the worst, flaily enemy design in the series make the game stressful and annoying

"most polished in the series", i don't really know what you mean by this but there a tonne of obviously unpolished aspects of the game such as the absurd amount of armor clipping, enemies which can't pathfind and just teleport, underdeveloped npc storylines, tonnes of cut content, abysmal weapon/armor/spell/general balancing etc.
>>
>>381231167
I liked Greatwood....
>>
>>381231167
>Lothric Castle/Archives

Are you crazy? That's probably the best part of the game.
>>
>>381231190
>people actually want shield turtling to be viable
>>
DS1>DS3>DS2
>>
>>381230980
>"gameplay"
Garbage term no one has an actual definition for.
Personally if a game is as linear and unreplayable as Dark Souls 3, I'd say it has bad "gameplay" when compared to the rest of the series.
>>
File: 1278532348294.jpg (83KB, 634x461px) Image search: [Google]
1278532348294.jpg
83KB, 634x461px
Its mostly Dark Souls 2 fanboys trying to force a narrative so their favorite title is no longer the black sheep of the series.
>>
>>381231452
fighting hollows (but stronger) was a huge let down, but the level design was good

overall I would rate it (with all DLC included) as

BB = DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2
>>
>>381231469
No shit
>>
>>381231468
because rolling 6 times and still having 60% of your stamina left is such an improvement right
>>
>>381231452
not him, but it was alright, not great.

I thought archdragon peak was the best zone tho desu, kinda fun (but arguably shit meme first boss), great NK fight, gorgeous area, dragons, decent enemies - that cunt with axe on a rope, havel, snake summoner pulling in cool knights. Plus pretty area.
>>
DaS > DaS2 >= BB > DeS >DaS3
>>
>>381231654
>decent enemies
the nuthin personnel Blade of Mercy snakemen are the most annoying motherfuckers ever
>>
>>381231468
>people want different playstyles to be viable
>this is a bad thing
God forbid I don't want to play the game like a discount bloodborne.
>>
>>381231497
>Gameplay
It's almost like, the way a game plays?
Every game before BB and 3 are clunky as fuck to go back too
And and if linear and unreplayable are bad then I guess the only good games are des and das
>>
>>381231758
idk, peak was prolly the most fun I had fighting shit in the game desu
>>
>>381231747
>DaS2 >= BB
you're gonna need bigger bait
>>
It's not universal, just some butthurt DaS2fags is all.
>>
>>381231758
Fuck those guys, seriously
>>
File: 1434421828747.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
1434421828747.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>381231497
>Garbage term no one has an actual definition for.
>>
>>381231634
Well you either get 3 rolls and you're out, but enemies are slower and easier to dodge
Or 26 rolls but enemies are faster
I'm fine with either, they're both challenging in their own way
>>
>>381231497
>Linear = bad

Spotted the normie. Fuck off back to your """"open world""""" games
>>
>>381231541
This is a copout every DaS3 fanboy uses. Why.

Why can't you believe anyone else finds DaS3 shiity for legitimate reasons
>>
>>381216160
DaS1 still looks great. Suck me nigger
>>
DaS2 has the most fun weapons and best armor.
>>
>>381231784
Shields are already totally viable and will save your ass in 95% of all situations where it calls for it, especially when half of the enemies in the game have moves with super sped up combo initiators that are tricky to predict
>>
>>381232038
The other souls games offered a lot more in terms of non linear progression, something dark souls 3 took a step back from.
>>
>>381231937
>b-but... Dark souls 2!
>>
File: 1289488068849.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1289488068849.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>381232136
Because its not shitty. it's average. Demon's and Dark outshine it in ever way. But its not bad, its just average. DS2 is absolute garbage in every regard. So DS2 fanboys want DS3 to be bad so they are no longer the outcasts.
>>
>>381232038
>nonlinearity = open world
haha newfag
>>
>>381232136
I'm a fan of all the games and have Platinumed every Souls game.

People who think Dark Souls 2 is the best are the most obnoxious Souls fans on /v/ by far, but thankfully most of them seem content to circle jerk in /dsg/.
>>
>>381215371
I think you mispelled DS2. Also, pc unrelated
>>
>>381232334
Dark Souls 3 is definitely better than 2 in a lot of ways but that doesn't just excuse of all 3's own flaws.
>>
>>381232653
The only things I think 2 did better were boss weapon variety, Bonfire Ascetics allowing you to replay levels, unique covenants and initial variety in early game paths.

Dark Souls 2 is incredibly linear so I'm not sure where that meme comes from, especially once you hit Drangleic and the next six areas are in a straight line.
>>
>>381232334
It's shit.

You're willing to call DaS2 SoTFS shit. Instead of being a fucking hypocrite and saying DaS3 is just average despite the previous 2 games having objectively more to offer, be willing to call dark Souls 3 shit too.
>>
I think that a lot of complaints about stamina management is because the stamina system was clearly balanced around a spellsword-type character. When I played as a mage I was very surprised at how much more carefully I had to watch my green bar than when I was playing as a melee guy. Between the spell casts eating up stamina, swinging the backup weapon when guys get too close, and rolling it depletes surprisingly quickly. This is especially true for pyros and clerics, whose spells cost way more END than sorceries do. The problem is compounded by the fact that you normally don't prioritize leveling up END or VIG as a mage in DaS3 so things like HP and rolls become a comparatively limited resource against their levels as a pure physical fighter.
>>
>>381232869
Case and point.
>>
I blame PvP fans. They've influenced the devs to make the game too balanced and boring instead of classic Des tier of bs.
>>
>>381232820
This isn't about DaS2, mentioning DaS2's flaws doesn't magically excuse or erase 3's
>>
Gehrman was the best "final" boss
SOC phase 1 is also dope
>>
>Ds1
>bb
>
>ds3
>
>
>ds2
>>
>>381232869
Dark Souls 3 has way better bosses and individual level design than 2 so its automatically above it just for that.
>>
File: solaire dance.gif (52KB, 129x200px) Image search: [Google]
solaire dance.gif
52KB, 129x200px
>tfw enjoy every souls game and realize that they're all good in spite of their flaws
Feels good being masterrace
>>
>>381232334
>Demon's and Dark outshine it in ever way.

Now that's what I call nostalgiafaggotry
>>
>>381233075
This guy knows what's up, all the games in the series are fun to play through AT LEAST once.
>>
My biggest flaw with Ds3 is that it gave pic related a bad ending
He just wanted to smash witch puss in peace
>>
>>381233075
Cool fence sitting bro
>>
>>381233242
Didn't he eventually fuck her though? I thought the witch gear said that Zullie did find love in the end.
>>
>>381232910
I played a 2 handed greathammer build just recently and stamina was my absolute no.1 priority.
>>
>>381233248
>Cool flame warring douche
Nobody thinks you're cool for blindly shitting on whichever games you played 2nd-4th
>>
>>381232960
I loved the PvP in DeS. Remember the scraping spear? Remember Soulsucker? They didn't have the balls to do that stuff in DaS3
>>
>>381233046
Dark Souls 2 has way better exploration and branching level progression so it's automatically above just for that.

I like this simple format of yours.
>>
>>381233423
Yeah he got in there
in the Ringed City you can kill Alva while he is guarding Zullie's corpse
>>
>>381233435
Why are you so afraid of having opinions?
>>
>>381233075
This. I just replayed SOTFS and had a great time with it. Prior to that I just did a faith caster DaS3 run and had a great time. Prior to that I played a knight in DaS1 and had a great time. Prior to that I played a Str/Blt hunter in BB and had a great time.

People who honestly refer to any of the Souls games as "shit" are probably garbage people with garbage taste.
>>
>>381232869
>despite the previous 2 games having objectively more to offer
Bullshit. DaS2 is the KING of filler content. You say that DaS2 offers content to the player? Maybe it does, if you count "total garbage" as content. I bet you'd also be happy with buying an album of static noise for $100 with the excuse that "look at the length of these tracks!"

You want weapons? DaS2 is the undisputed king of filler/useless weapons, and spells. The game drowns you in garbage weapons and spells that no player will ever use (because they're garbage). I don't even know why they put them in. The producers must have had a real hard-on for the tagline OVER 100 POSSIBLE WEAPONS AVAILABLE.

You want bosses? They're shit. And there's so many of them too. So many shit bosses, an ocean of shit. The best DaS2 vanilla bosses are what I'd describe as "mediocre." Even in the DLCs the only bosses that really impressed me were Raime and Ivory King.

You want tons of levels? They're shit. To this day, Shaded Woods, Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak are the ugliest zones I've ever seen in video games. Furthermore, there's nothing IN them. They're short as fuck, linear as fuck, no shortcuts, no worthwhile loot, nothing. Nothing but gangbangs of 10000000 enemies in a 100 ft2 area (case in point: Iron Keep).

You want more stats? Here take this ADP. You want online connectivity and pvp? I hope you don't, because our lack of Orbs and SM aborts the system at launch. Take this shitty arena system instead :^)
>>
>>381233248
>Opinions on Dark Souls games is srs bzns boyz
>>
>>381233075
This guy gets it
>Des
Some great areas/bosses, and some shit areas/bosses
>Das/2/3
>BB
>Every argument ever
THE FIRST ONE I PLAYED IS THE BEST, THE LAST ONE I PLAYED IS TOO EASY
>>
>>381233493
>exploration and level progression
dude lets lock half the levels behind branches of yore lmao
>>
>>381233493
>Dark Souls 2 has way better exploration
Disagree
>and branching level progression
Its BARELY better which is honestly pretty pathetic since DaS2 is bloated with so many areas. Outside of FotG, Bastille, Iron Keep, Doors and Majula I can't think of any branching areas though. Beyond those its just straight lines.
>>
>>381233046
>and individual level design

yeah i love the """""""""""""level design""""""""""""" of farron keep, road of sacrifices, the profaned capital, irythill, carthus, smouldering lake and the consumed king's garden

also don't forget the dlc adding yet another fucking swamp
>>
>>381233608
Why are you so determined to deal in absolutes?
All of the games are enjoyable and everyone that is fellating DaS1 here so hard has forgotten about how bland and linear the game is right after O&S
People defending DaS2 and DaS3 are putting blinders up to the flaws in those games as well
I personally enjoyed DaS3 the most as I felt the combat was the tightest and most responsive in the series
In DaS1 the input buffering felt a little less accurate than in 3
>>
>>381233909
Farron Keep has fantastic level design. You fucks always rag on DaS3 for being linear, and then you have this fantastic open swamp level and you just bitch about it being a swamp.

Dark Souls 2 has one truly great area, and that area is Shrine of Amana.
>>
DkS1 > Dks3 > Dks2 > Des
>>
>>381233909
Every single area you just posted is longer, has more shortcuts/secrets to find, has a more weaving and mazelike path, and has a wider enemy variety than the best designed DaS2 level. Also, counting Pronfaned Capital and Consumed King's Garden as though they're somehow separate from Irythyll Dungeon and Lothric Castle, respectively, is retarded. Fuck you.
>>
>>381233684
>THE FIRST ONE I PLAYED IS THE BEST, THE LAST ONE I PLAYED IS TOO EASY
I played them in order of release.
Favorite:
BB > DeS > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2
Most difficult (at the time I played, going back may be different):
DaS2 > DeS > BB > DaS1 > DaS3
So no, your oversimplification isn't correct
>>
>>381234034
Farron Keep would be better if it wasn't such a pain to explore.
>>
das 1 was good. das 2 was great. das 3 was shit.
>>
>>381234068
Retarded.
>>
>>381234167
It really isn't, just use moss and stick to areas that aren't deep.
>>
TIER LISTS ARE STUPID. STOP DOING THAT. SAY SOMETHING OBJECTIVE ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
dark souls 3 honestly gave me some really bad depression.
>>
>>381233465
Yeah it made invasions scary. Plus, weapons didn't repair by themselves
>>
>>381233909
Every single one of those levels is better than 90% of the Vanilla DaS2 levels. Creative areas like The Gutter were in the minority.
>>
>>381234306
Let me rephrase my earlier statement. I personally do not find Farron Keep fun to explore. I think it's visually unappealing and the poison never really endangered me, just annoyed me.
>>
>>381234463
I hated how in DaS2 even when you knew the trick to an area you'd still get fucked in the ass sometimes. Poison spitters in the Gutter for example. In every other game once you knew the way through you really wouldn't ever have a problem, there were a lot of "fuck you"s in DaS2 though.
>>
>>381234091
>Also, counting Pronfaned Capital and Consumed King's Garden as though they're somehow separate from Irythyll Dungeon and Lothric Castle, respectively, is retarded. Fuck you.

the game considers them separate areas
>>
I believed dark souls 3 borrowing from bloodborne destroyed the franchise. The gameplay was somewhat broody, now you only fast spam until staggered.
>>
>>381233734
>Fuck branches of yore lets give people no choice at all lmao

Fuck this is too easy

>>381233634
>DaS2 is the undisputed king of filler/useless weapons, and spells

Yet you haven't named a single one? Wait... I'm assuming someone bashing DaS2 actually plays the game.

>You want bosses? They're shit.

Sorry Ruined Sentinels were too hard for you anon, I really am. It's an excellent fight and so is Lost Sinner and Executioner Chariot.

>You want tons of levels? They're shit.
>Shaded Woods, Harvest Valley, Earthen Peak

I really don't see how any of those are exceptionally bad at all aside from Earthen Peak. Just really average, I suppose.

>You want more stats? Here take this ADP.

Literally just Resistance from DaS with a different name. Same amount of stats as before.
>>
>>381234903
Throw in Looking Glass Knight and Veldstadt and you've named every decent vanilla boss in DaS2.
>>
>>381234463
Seeing as how they put a lot of things from previous games into ds3, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't put a swamp area that resembled valley of defilement or the gutter instead of Farron keep
>>
>>381234903
>same amount of stats as before
Even though they split End into two stats?

I think you're more unfamiliar with the Souls series than you realize.
>>
>>381234903
Tying I-frames to a stat was a horrible decision and really encouraged new players to grind a bunch, something dark souls is known not to do
ADP was a bad idea
>>
>>381234034
I just said earlier in the thread that I like DaS2 and thought Farron keep was a great level.

>>381219210
>>
>>381234034
>Dark Souls 2 has one truly great area, and that area is Shrine of Amana.
why, because it's pretty?
>>
>>381234903
Soul Memory was the stupidest shit ever, argue that
>>
>>381235350
Because it is creatively designed with how it utilizes water and torches. You can light a torch to see in the water, but you draw enemies towards you. You can roll to dodge the magic, but your torch will go out, encouraging you to dodge without roll spamming. There are multiple ways to navigate a level that has a linear progression, which give you options, and there are a variety of enemy types with gradually more complex placement throughout the level. Great gear to find, secrets to uncover, helpful phantoms to summon and a memorable boss?

Yeah, I'd be hardpressed to find a better DaS2 vanilla level.
>>
>>381234994
Velstadt is actually kind of lame to me. His moveset is so lame. Once you get past his excellent sound design, the fight itself is boring and easy. Also not having the hammer you make BONG when you hit things was dumb.
>>
>>381235150
END was split into two stats because people kept making jesus tanks with ultra poise and spam weapons.
>>
>>381234903
>>Fuck branches of yore lets give people no choice at all lmao
What the fuck? Without branches of yore, you had every choice open, you could go wherever you wanted without restriction. Adding branches of yore removes choice by limiting the number of paths that you can take at any given moment in time. Fuck you're stupid. Not even going to read the rest of your dumb post.
>the absolute state of DaS2 fanboys
>>
>>381215371
I think in terms of content, DS3 is the weakest of the three with the least amount of things to do
>>
>>381235604
Eh, the second stage ramp up makes it more entertaining to me. I do hate that the hammer doesn't chime, dropped that shit fast.

>>381235546
This, I have to keep my saves backed up so I can reload my lower level characters if I ever go over the bracket value. Such a pain in the ass for coop.
>>
>>381235573
I liked the gutter
>>
>>381235828
It was cool, but not having a boss was fucking lame.
>>
what was up with the big ant dude in the gutter
>>
>>381235735
>Not even going to read the rest of your dumb post

Of course you're not.

>>381235546
Why should I? Does defending Dark Souls 2 automatically mean I approve of some of its horseshit decisions? What the fuck?

And god damn, do you people know how to quickly make a Dark Souls 3 thread about Dark Souls 2. These (You)s are coming in with lightning speed but I am still totally content if people want to argue with me over it.
>>
>>381236085
that was me
I heal you or something
>>
>>381235573
The torch in DaS2 was always so weird to me. It was very obvious that they wanted it to be a huge part of normal gameplay, but judging by the flame butterflies they wouldn't have given you NEARLY enough torch time for that to actually happen.
>>
>>381221528
this nigga knows whats up
>>
>>381235828
Gutter was (disgustingly) beautiful when you lit it all up.
>>
>>381236107
If it makes you feel any better, I got dogpiled last weekend when I said Dark Souls 2 had worse writing than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>381215371
Fanboys don't want to admit that they've been craving for fanservice, and since the fanservice in DS3 is so obvious, it's like rubbing it in their faces.

It reminds me a little of how the short first act of MGS2 was exactly what fans wanted only to be knocked across the head when it's over and you suddenly find yourself in the tutorial of the actual game which is something new and interesting when fans wanted the same old thing.

With the exception that DS3 isn't really anything new but more of the same, which is exactly what "fans" have been screaming for.

From have mentioned several times that they wanted to do something new, but they were also contractually bound to produce two sequels.

They also have little choice since they are still a fairly small developer, even after all of their recent success.

So is DS3 bad? No, not even close.
It's just not as good and fresh as DS1 or Bloodborne were.

I highly recommend for you to check out at least DS1, since it's by far the best game in the series and just make up your own mind.
>>
I just got done marathoning DS3 blind. Have to say I had the least fun with it when compared to DS1 and DS2. The game is so linear yet I managed to get lost on where to progress twice. For the first time I spend over 2 hours retreading old areas only to find I somehow missed a small opening in a wall (of an area I already looted of all items) that lead to the crystal sage boss. Speaking of bosses I beat most of them on my first attempt but I felt like that had less to do with my skill and more to do with how much of a clusterfuck the bosses were. The bosses were super aggressive meaning you had to be aggressive yourself, and it often lead to situations where I had little idea what was going on. In general instead of punishing the enemies for the openings they presented it felt like every enemy was replaced by the mace giant from DS2. I'd love to see you DS2 haters defending that. Then I got to the part where Patches lowered me to the area where the giant was, 10/10 best souls game. Fuck the ringed city DLC and its angels though
>>
File: the gutter no shaders.jpg (331KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the gutter no shaders.jpg
331KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>381236687
Nice work on the junk, From.
>>
>it's another "my favorite game is the only good one and all the others are shit" episode
why do people bother making these types of threads? dark souls is over, nothing you say or do will change that fact. the most you can hope for is a bloodborne 2 or some new IP.
dark souls 3 was the last dark souls game.
despite what all of you are complaining about, none of those complaints will be listened to for a future game because there IS no future game.
and I find that fucking hilarious
>>
>>381236687
what is this meant to prove?
>>
>>381236687
>Areas never visible to the player have shit textures

holy shit who knew
>>
>>381236801
They already said this isn't the end of the series, they're just putting it on break for a while. DaS4 will happen in 5-10 years.
>>
>>381236801
But anon ...

Bandai Namco still owns the rights, so they they can make as many sequels as they like.
Dark Souls Pachinko soon ...
>>
File: Catarina_Armor_Concept_Art.png (619KB, 983x680px) Image search: [Google]
Catarina_Armor_Concept_Art.png
619KB, 983x680px
>>381236587
the only thing i didn't like about the patches part was that he didn't open the helm correctly, it's something the developers have said they wanted to show off since dark souls 1 so the fact he just pulls the helm off rather than opening it from the side is a letdown

other than that it's easily the best patches moment in the series, i only recently found out that the giant doesn't automatically spawn so if you kill the giant first then you get some unique dialogue

>>381236802
nothing, just posted it because it was amusing
>>
>>381236921
http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-is-completely-done-as-of-the-ringed-city-says-hidetaka-miyazaki/
>At least for now we don't have any future plans for it
>>
>>381236587
>In general instead of punishing the enemies for the openings they presented it felt like every enemy was replaced by the mace giant from DS2. I'd love to see you DS2 haters defending that
You get BB stamina in DaS3, so like in BB, the game hands you the tools to avoid 10-hit combos. Also the mace guy in DaS2 is still an aberration because he literally never stops attacking, as in, his combos never end. nowhere else in the series is this true.
>>
>>381237229
>at least for now
You dunce, read your own fucking link.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/dark-souls-iii-series-threequel-pulling-resources-bloodborne-team/

>“First of all, this is not the final product for the Dark Souls series,” said Miyazaki “However, I believe it’s the turning point for the Dark Souls series. First of all, Dark Souls has a really unique worldview. It’s not a good idea, continuously releasing titles for this series because of that factor. And this will probably be the turning point of From Software as a whole – it’s the last project we started working on before I became president.

>It’s basically From Software, they started working on this project when it was an older generation. So it’s a turning point. It’ll be a turning point, but it’s not final.”

Don't reply to me again you fucking moron.
>>
>>381237439
why don't you tell me what they could do for a fourth game, then? they already showed what happens to the dark soul and the first flame, why don't you honestly tell me what they could do to milk the series even further.

explain to me how a 4th game could work before you start shitting out your mouth.
>>
>>381215404
>Tumblr the Comic
>>
>>381237707
>explain to me how a 4th game could work before you start shitting out your mouth.
Are you brain damaged? What does the possible plot for the 4th game have to do with them straight up saying the series isn't done for good?

You got proven wrong and you're flailing your arms trying to get a point in, its pathetic.
>>
>>381215371
Alright, i was okay with it being a fan of the souls series and even the KF series.
my Only and ONLY problem with it is that Poise does not work
>>
>>381237720
>artist got ran out of tumblr for posting official lewds of her underaged female characters
>tumblr: the comic
>>
File: highway 17.jpg (56KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
highway 17.jpg
56KB, 615x409px
I think the worst DaS3 critique is "No interconnectivity between levels" So there's not a ladder connecting X area to Y area? Who gives a fuck? You missed the point.

DaS3 is set up as a Pilgrim's road. It wouldn't make sense if the pilgrims could just take a ladder from Profaned capital to High Wall of Lothric. That's why they give you bonfire transportation from the very beginning -- the pilgrim's path level structure didn't fit the game without it.

And Captcha can go and fuck itself today.
>>
>>381237914
>I don't have to explain myself you're just retarded
with how much you faggots like "muh interconnectivity" and "muh world design" i'm surprised you don't realize the problem with what you're saying.
>>
>>381238146
Smouldering Lake really should have had a path connecting to Profaned Capital, imo.
>>
>>381238224
Shut the fuck up, anyone reading our conversation will understand that you said From was definitively done with Dark Souls, and I proved you wrong by showing Miyazaki's own words.
>>
>>381238146
how does the game benefit from being set up as a pilgrims road? how is this interesting from a thematic or gameplay perspective?
>>
>>381238362
>anyone reading our conversation
Yup, you're winning the /v/ popularity contest by a mile
>>
>>381238146
>game was built mediocre on purpose!
I bet you're one of those people who excuses the atrocious world design of DaS2 by saying "dude it's OK it's a representation of how the MC is losing his mind haha"
>>
Lads, best place to farm heavy gems?
>>
>>381238413
>how is interesting from a thematic perspective
A descent down to seek the lords is interesting, when you consider the point at the deepest layer is one of the highest points in DaS1.
>>
>>381215371
It tried too hard to be Bloodborne
>>
>>381238518
slugs in farron swamp drop them and there's a big group of them near a bonfire (where you find an undead bone shard)
>>
>>381238146
Is it really a bad criticism if half the levels are clearly visible from each other?

What the hell were they planning with all that space in the open ass tundra between Cathedral of the Deep and Irithyll. There's also a path blocked by rubble at the front end of the bridge, implying Carthus isn't the only way to Irithyll.
>>
>>381238362
the funniest part is that you don't know for a fact that it's true. maybe I don't either, but you're just as retarded for saying so definitively that there WILL be another dark souls game.
tell you what, if a dark souls 4 really does come and somehow continues the story or gives it some final sendoff, and it manages to come out within the next 10 years, then you get all the bragging rights and I was wrong.
but until that happens, you don't have one single argument that can definitively prove me wrong other than the "maybe" of a game dev.
>>
File: 1496270419097.png (262KB, 493x560px) Image search: [Google]
1496270419097.png
262KB, 493x560px
>>381238495
>“First of all, this is not the final product for the Dark Souls series,” said Miyazaki
Just reminding you how fucking stupid you are
>>
>>381238778
Where is your evidence that Dark Souls is now done? Because the guy who made the series said it isn't done.
>>
>>381238801
>replied to the wrong person
>posts boobs in an effort to seem right
lmao
>>
>>381238518
Milwood Knights in the DLC area.
>>
File: 1491582291752.png (414KB, 614x792px) Image search: [Google]
1491582291752.png
414KB, 614x792px
>>381238925
There is more than one stupid person on /v/, anon, and I'm honestly so fucking bored of this thread that I felt like posting some boobs.

I'm right regardless of boobs. If I'm wrong, it should be easy to prove it, right? Prove me wrong.
>>
>>381215371
I have over 3200 hours in the series and DaS3 is the second best game in my opinion.
It gets hate for gameplay balancing taking a turn towards speed and random flailing, the world linearity and the problems in its PVP.

I definitely have a lot of problems with it and its the souls game I've played the second least right next to Demons Souls, but it is still the second best in the series
>>
File: 1468782337518.png (1MB, 1024x869px) Image search: [Google]
1468782337518.png
1MB, 1024x869px
>>381239087
>Thinking they have any reason other then 'nu uh'
You are on /v/ that does not happen
>>
File: 1396838278632.jpg (117KB, 800x789px) Image search: [Google]
1396838278632.jpg
117KB, 800x789px
>tfw if DaS4 is announced, there'll be a shitton of people shitting on it
>even before they show any gameplay of it
>after its release, they'll still be shitting on it regardless of how good the game is
>even if it combined the connectivity of DaS1, made everything optional ruining the progression like BB, added functional convenants and had all the weapons and armors in the series and the best bosses ever, people would still complain and say that Taurus and Capra are better bosses
>and there will still be people claiming that DaS2 isn't the worst in the series
>>
>>381238413
>how is this interesting from a thematic or gameplay perspective?
Well, gee, let's sit down and spend 200 hours discussing philosophy of what makes something interesting. Or I can call you a faggot for saying "huhr duhr, so it follows an extremely popular plot device. How is that ____?" because that's a faggot's question.

>>381238718
The pilgrim's road used to be easier, but shit happened and now you, the lone player, have to navigate around it and get stuck in all the traps and monsters and shit. Duh.
>>
File: 1495772923439.jpg (146KB, 992x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1495772923439.jpg
146KB, 992x1500px
>>381239410
I'm a fool for wasting my time, true.
>>
>>381238903
>he just repeats the same thing
>still doesn't try to argue how a dark souls 4 could work
you're only right if the 4th dark souls game is a prequel or in some alternate universe, 3 already gave the story the closest thing to closure one could get.
you can post the "b-but miyazaki" thing just because I did it earlier, and maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do. but that's the only thing you're relying on now. at least expand your fucking arguments instead repeating the same thing over and over.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Reminder that Dark Souls 2 fans have to fancanon reasons for why the distances in Drangleic make no sense with shit like "the player is losing his memory of time!"

Also this is the single worst level design decision in the trilogy.
>>
played DaS and DaS3. avoided DaS2 because of the "bad" meme. should i play it anyways? or replay one of the ones i've played already?
>>
>>381239642
"The First Flame quickly fades.
Darkness will shortly settle.
But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness.
Like embers, linked by lords past."
Even the Firekeeper thinks you're full of shit.
>>
File: 1462161220655.jpg (138KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1462161220655.jpg
138KB, 600x848px
>>381239567
how do I avoid that grab? probably the worst case of magnetic grab I've ever seen in ANY boss fight of the series, it gets me everytime
>>
>>381215371
>tfw sonnyger but love both this ds3 and bb
When are you manchildren going to stop with this console war bullshit?
>>
>>381239642
Do you have any evidence for why there won't eventually be a new Dark Souls game?

>>381240048
Roll through it, if you roll back in the direction of the grab it will nab you.
>>
>>381240048
she breathes in sharply before doing it, if you're using your ears it's a very distinctive tell
>>
>>381239945
>1/4 endings
>no matter which ending you choose the world still turns into the same desert you fight gael in
>one of them is supposed to be the closest thing to breaking free of the cycle you can get
lol
>>
>>381239642
>“First of all, this is not the final product for the Dark Souls series,” said Miyazaki
Literally all I have to say to prove you wrong.
>>
File: 1492054761225.png (2MB, 1080x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1492054761225.png
2MB, 1080x1700px
>>381240220
I can see it coming from a mile away, I'm still magically dragged to the boss

>>381240119
I've tried rolling every direction with every timing, I still end up like this, I guess I'll take a shower and try again
>>
>>381215371
Why have a grimdark, serious game but make the guy on the cover giving a thumbs up? It's so awkward and cringy.
>>
>>381239816
ive only heard hbomberguy arguing that

i love dark souls 2 but his video defending the game is one of the worst things i've ever watch
>>
File: 1461716503082.jpg (138KB, 726x807px) Image search: [Google]
1461716503082.jpg
138KB, 726x807px
>>381240461
Do you need help? If you're on PS4 I could hop on to coop with you.
>>
>>381240237
the funniest part is even if i'm wrong I still win.
if i'm right, you fags have nothing to argue with anymore.
if i'm wrong, I get to enjoy another dark souls game.
the only thing anyone spending this much time arguing against me is going to win is bragging rights for proving an anonymous weaboo on a message board wrong.
what an accomplishment.
>>
File: 1424214488753.jpg (200KB, 612x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424214488753.jpg
200KB, 612x720px
>>381240715
what do you think I am? gay? I would never play on the PS4
>>
File: 1461425028350.jpg (144KB, 900x776px) Image search: [Google]
1461425028350.jpg
144KB, 900x776px
>>381240761
>if i'm wrong
>if
>>
File: 8-applause.png (28KB, 140x183px) Image search: [Google]
8-applause.png
28KB, 140x183px
>>381241001
>he posted it again
>>
>>381215371
Not sure. Its probably partially because the gameplay for these games is starting to get stale. Bloodborne took the series a new way, so people who loved BB find ds3 a little stuck in the past. And people who love ds1 love it because of its originality. Ds2 has a hardcore fanbase on pc so they hated ds3 before it even came out. I started with 1 and 3 at the same time and stayed with 3 for longer because it just felt better and was just more fun. I couldnt care less about what was rehashed, or was too similar to bloodborne, or w.e else /v/ whines about because it was partially my first dark souls game. Even if /v/ hates it though /dsg/ is all about ds3. So give them a look.
>>
File: 1463868469998.jpg (67KB, 454x815px) Image search: [Google]
1463868469998.jpg
67KB, 454x815px
>>381240715
>>381240220
>>381240119
I decided on looking up her moveset, and she actually does have a grab attack. I was just making an innuendo joke with her ass and the images posted, I didn't even know she had a grab attack. I apologize for misleading you guys. And here I thought you were both playing along with my jests.
>>
>>381231468
>people actually want build variety to exist
>>
File: 1461945615615.jpg (287KB, 2000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1461945615615.jpg
287KB, 2000x1413px
>>381241332
DId you seriously never fight her? Her grab is a pretty common attack.
>>
File: 1462138469639.jpg (150KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1462138469639.jpg
150KB, 500x421px
>>381241548
I think I never got caught in it. Both times I got to her I get tense as fuck because I have just killed another boss, but I killed her both times first try despite being short on Estus.
>>
>>381215371
Damage control of Sonyfags.

DaS 3 is vastly superior to BB and BB-station fags can't allow that buyer's remorse.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.