[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep getting my shit fucked even by blue FOEs and regular encounters.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Etrian_Odyssey_IV_US.jpg (673KB, 1500x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Etrian_Odyssey_IV_US.jpg
673KB, 1500x1336px
I keep getting my shit fucked even by blue FOEs and regular encounters. Am I doing something wrong or is this game just fucking hard?
>>
>hes already played 3 games of this weebshit

Who cares, get it together
>>
>>381214215
It's fucking hard, but IV is the easiest of the classic ones. What's your party?
>>
>>381214215
It's not hard, but it's challenging enough to where you might need to actually try, unlike many turn-based RPGs. FOEs in particular are supposed to be a little tough.
Which one are you having trouble with? Try to figure out how it fights, and come prepared to counter that. A few are a bitch and a half even at the so-called appropriate level.
>>
>>381214740
landknecht, fortress, nightseeker
medic, runemaster
>>
>>381214215
FOEs are like mini bosses you're not supposed to fight as soon as you meet them.
Anytime you see a new FOE is advisable to run away from them and explore the floor first, once you're done with the floor most of the time your party will be automatically ready to have a fair battle with the FOE.
>>
Last I remembered, I grinded a bit and abused the shit out of abilities. If you got past the bear you should know what to do now.
>>
>>381214215
>regular encounters

Unlike most RPGs, you can't waltz through fodder with normal attacks most of the time.
You need to use your skills and drain that TP bar.

Once you're out of TP you get out of the dungeon and rest instead of being a greedy fuck unless you want to lose 1 hour of exploration.
>>
>>381214215
This is the easiest mainline game. You need to get it together, buddy. Seems like your team should be fine. Want to tell us your levels and builds?
>>
>>381215756
Level 23 at the start of the misty ravine.
Not really minmaxing, just putting points into whatever seems cool at the time.
>>
>>381215163
That' standard for the most part, but it means you're missing out on Binds for the most part
If you're really having a lot of trouble, I'd suggest swapping out the Nightseeker for a Sniper
>>
>>381215941
Planning your builds is pretty important in these games. In the earlier ones it's not unusual to have to rebuild your entire team at each major boss. I was able to coast easily through 4, but I could see how if you weren't planning things out it might be hard. That's probably the biggest source of your woes.
>>
>>381215163
Nighseeker start to shine as the game goes on, specially late game. I suggest you get a sniper so you can bind enemies. Bind arm and fuck those bears up.
>>
http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etrianodyssey4/download.php?file=Etrian%20Odyssey%20IV%20Skill%20Calculator%20v1.1.0.0.rar
>>
>>381216420
>>381216330
>>381216006

Thank you, it's my first dungeon crawler so these things are new to me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.