[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth it? I'm usually weary of turn based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Is this game worth it?

I'm usually weary of turn based rpgs that aren't tactics based since they're usually only as difficult as much as you don't know how the mechanics for them work.

Then when you learn how it all works it boils down to common sense and picking the objectively best classes/skills to minimize RNG fuckery.
>>
>>381209213
It's extremely repetitive and is mostly about trial and error while praying for good rolls, after the trial and error it's about doing the same shit over and over while praying you don't get fucked by bad rolls.
>>
>>381209309
I see, I'll pass then.
>>
>>381209213
>>381209213
at 10 I'd say so. Even without the crimson court it's a great game.

A lot of people complain about the RNG screwing you over, and it will, but the game developers have said that the game is about making the best of a bad situation.

Sometimes your favorite hero will develop a really shitty quick, or you'll get critted several times in a row but figuring out how to turn the RNG in your favor is part of the fun. \
>>
>>381209213
>I'm usually weary of turn based rpgs that aren't tactics based

Fear not, there is a lot of tactics involved in this. Yes, it's worth it but wait for a sale. The steam summer sale is soon. Game play is fast, lasting only about 15-25secs per enemy encounter. Then there are these interactive random objects in the dungeons called Curios. Each curio has a specific item that alters it from a dangers thing to interact with, into a positive thing. For example, a dead fish. Touch it and you'll get sick, clean it with medicine and you'll get food, gold and some other things. An evil idol of worship can be purified with holy water to give you a good buff. That sorta thing.

Game is really hard at first when you're learning the ins and outs of combat, the curios, what upgrades you need for the town and where to get them plus more. I highly suggest you read up on basic facts cause knowing them with change what you think of the game.

Protip: There are certain classes in the game that you cannot get more of, once they die they are gone. They are Antiquarian, Crusader and the crossbow users whos name I forgot. Don't let them die. The Antiquarian while shitty, double or triples the money you earn and money is vital to keeping your units upgraded, happy and disease free.
>>
>>381211037
>Protip: There are certain classes in the game that you cannot get more of, once they die they are gone.
That is absolutely wrong. Anyone is replaceable in the game.
>>
It's extremely reddit
They even let one of the most cancerous streamers voice some of the new monsters
>>
>>381211698

I'm at 20 hrs played, have 4 lvl 6s and the last time I got an Antiquarian was at the first three hours of gameplay. I have never gotten a crusader other than the starter one which died over a dozen hours ago.

If you know what tricks I can use to get more crusaders / antiquarians I'm all ears faggot.
>>
how's the DLC? I kinda dropped the game, but would pick it up again if the DLC was good
>>
>>381213046
Maybe crusaders and antiquarians are staying away from you because of your rampant faggotry. Other than that there's no reason that you shouldn't find them like any other unit through the stagecoach. I've been on droughts for cultists and vestals for a long goddam time, but that doesn't mean they're not obtainabe.
>>
>>381213046
Trust me there's no limit to any class, you're just getting bad luck with your stagecoach. On one of my playthoughs it took over 50 in game weeks to get a Man-at-Arms for my main team. Fucking infuriating.
>>
File: DDFIGS2.jpg (211KB, 1518x1416px) Image search: [Google]
DDFIGS2.jpg
211KB, 1518x1416px
>>381209213
Pirate it for the greatest vidya narrator of all time.

Play it.
Love it.
Get bored of it.
Pick it up for a bit every once in a while
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.