[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the game is fun >if it's not fun why bother That's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1497805217743.png (447KB, 747x607px) Image search: [Google]
1497805217743.png
447KB, 747x607px
>the game is fun
>if it's not fun why bother
That's fucking deep, man
>>
>>381206603
This is a message that everyone stuck playing an MMO should reflect on.
>>
>>381206801
They're addicted, they can't stop

t.been there done that, fuck destiny
>>
>>381206801
i don't understand those people. there's clearly nothing left to do and they still keep "grinding" stuff like they're going to be punished if they don't.
>>
>>381206603
that's why people don't play Nintendo games, seems that the general consensus is that Nintendo games aren't fun, nicely done, pizza face.
>>
when I was watching this and he was going on and on about goals in games and why they're important I said out loud to my roommate 'but what about Journey?'
and then he was like
'but, of course, it's also about the /journey/'

he wins
>>
>>381206956
>>381206801
maybe they have fun and you are too busy shitposting to realize that?
>fun games are fun, best way to defend shitty Nintendo games, never dare to use this logic for any games on non-Nintendo platforms though
>>
>>381206603
>the game is censored
>if its not censored why bother
>>
>The game......is fun
>The Game
Fucking Reggie dropping stale memes
>>
>>381207075
>having fun by repeating the same tasks over and over

I already have a job like that and it's not fun.
>>
if it's not Nintendo why bother
everyone buy nintendou
my boudy is reaudy
buy
>>
>>381207206
why are you playing video games then? same shit every time.
>>
>>381206801
Nah it's MOBA players that need the message more I think.
Every game seems so formulaic and my friends just sound pissed off when they're not winning.
>>
File: 1490917870304.jpg (3KB, 126x121px) Image search: [Google]
1490917870304.jpg
3KB, 126x121px
>>381206603

>Fun is the only thing Nintendo games could possibly have going for them
>They aren't fun
Why bother indeed
>>
>>381206860
>>381206956

>>381207075

"Fun" is not a buzzword, but it IS an undefined generic feeling of pleasure.
So if the dopamine you get from loot is something you crave, you can call that addiction "Fun", why not.

You're both right.
MMOs cater to the most basic, lowest, inelegant mental schemes to give pleasure, and they're drowned in mindless blandness in their gameplay otherwise.

But there is no reason why these basic jolts of pleasure that one gets from seeing numbers go up can't be described with the word "Fun".

>Inb4 some guy with a made up technical definition of "Fun" tailor made to fit the discussion when it's been for centuries a generic word
>>
>>381206956
>what is a skinner box
>>
>the Op is fag
>if he's not fag why bother
>>
>>381207297
I don't play MMOs for that reason. And I'm very stingy with video games which have been released in the last few years. I do play the old Thief games and I'm having a blast, because despite the fact that all you do is steal shit and hide, the locations, story and atmosphere make it feel fresh with every stage passed.
>>
>>381207406
I agree. Some people have their whole life revolving around playing MOBAs without having any other hobby.

There is this chick I know, who is fucking fine, but all she lives and breathes is League of Legends. Literally every conversation I've had with her she always bragged and talked about LoL And I thought my life is sad.
>>
the game is comfy
if its not comfy why bother
>>
>>381207406
I play Dota 2 with a group of 3-5 guys, we have fun even if we're losing. I think it's fun if people learn to mellow out and that you're not going to win more than 55% of your games.
>>
>wagglan
>fun
>limited production
>fun
>switch voice chat
>fun
>>
>>381207406
>Dota
>formulaic
My hatred swells
>>
>>381208676
2bh I don't actually know, it just looks very samey.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.