[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

admit it /v/,if metroid was created nowadays you would have complained

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 5323100_sa.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5323100_sa.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
admit it /v/,if metroid was created nowadays you would have complained about muh strong womans in vidya
>>
File: 1497714821055.jpg (7KB, 146x127px) Image search: [Google]
1497714821055.jpg
7KB, 146x127px
Wow great fucking thread OP, are you trying to prove a point?
Go back to plebbit, faggot.
>>
>>381206417
>admit it /v/,if metroid was created nowadays you would have complained about muh strong womans in vidya
doubt it. we would've played through a great game, only to find out at the very end that he is really a she, and probably not care.
>>
File: 1433186240722.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433186240722.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
Theres nothing wrong with a Strong female.

Theres an irritating problem with a Strong female flaunting that shes strong to prove a point that females can be strong to the oppressive man.
>>
>>381206417

i would've.
what can i say?
it's a product of the times.
>>
File: 1497922613683.png (14KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1497922613683.png
14KB, 500x343px
>>381206417
I think the board reaction would be more along the lines of "muh dick" and waifuspam.
>>
>>381206417
>Japanese game

Nah. Chinks don't give a shit about that.
>>
>>381206417
>Japanese game

Nah. Japs don't give a shit about that.
>>
>>381206719
There's also a problem with people immediately assuming that's going to be the case as soon as they see a female character in a western game, and twisting every possible detail to make it look like it's happening.
>inb4 nobody does that
>>
File: fact.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
fact.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>381208914
>>
>>381209171
Don't pretend it doesn't happen all the fucking time on this site.
Also using reaction pictures doesn't make you sound witty or funny.
>>
>>381206417
Actually fat wannabe-nerdy girls from painting-sites would probably go around and spout nonsense like "to sexist", "muh strong wymyn but she looks not like a real women (read: fat)". and so on and so on... oh wait....
>>
The game would be sjw if Samus didn't have an armor all the time and you would see her sidecut or she would be black with an afro.

You are playing with a chick that needs to be in an overpowered armor to do shit, she's pretty weak and useless without it during Zero Mission. Not very sjw-y to me :D Don't forget that one of the most popular thing about Metroid is too finish the game 100% to see her in underwear.

NINTENDO IS NOT ABOUT POLITICS FORTUNATELY
>>
>>381206417
>other m
>>
>>381206417
Not really. You had to either zoom through the game or collect everything in a single run to get any hint that there was a woman underneath all that armor. Without guides, only the most hardcore would be able to accomplish this, meaning most game journalists nowadays would have been more likely to complain about "male power fantasy" before hastily retracting it with egg on their faces.
>>
/v/ sure hates nier automata
>>
>>381206417
Kinda funny you should say that, considering the almost unanimously most hated entry in the franchise here is the one where she's a weak little emotional crybaby
>>
>>381206417
Why do you have to ruin everything?
>>
>>381206417
Why is there is an abudance of faggots obsessed with political shit in videogames in the west. Not only that a bunch of these faggots probably have never played or completed the games they are so obsessed with shitting up or are utterly incompetent at the game. I wouldn't be suprised if half the shitposters that talk political shit about games actually have even played the game. At least in the chinese tapesty side when the make their strong weme, they aren't making it self-insert make lardwhale feel better designed characters.
>other m
>hated
Well there goes your opinion.
>>
>>381208914

Obviously it's not like that for metroid because you barely see her being a female.
>>
https://youtu.be/53PSPFE07Hw
>>
>>381212578
See >>381213052

She's pretty obviously female.
like in
https://youtu.be/G9cr8YoeNLs
>>
Except Metroid is an example of a strong female done right.

The problem with female characters often these days is that its constantly reiterated as some sort of girl power statement.

With Samus, she's a strong character who just happens to be female. Not a female who happens to be strong.

The same rule applies to gay characters, like that villager in Witcher 3. You couldn't have known unless it was stated as part of his sidestory.
>>
>>381207384
this, reminder samus isnĀ“t black
>>
>>381213432
>With Samus, she's a strong character who just happens to be female. Not a female who happens to be strong.
>Samus/Baby relationship is MOTHER and CHILD
>Samus/Adam relationship is DAUGHTER and FATHER
>just happens to be female
ok
>>
>>381209890
>she's pretty weak and useless without it during Zero Mission.
Her only weapon was a shitty stun gun. She was still near as capable physically, given she could still jump as high as normal (sans hi jump), could still do the flippy shit, and could even still wall jump.
>>
Neptunia proves you wrong
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.