[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paper Mario > TTYD > SM >>> How did intelligent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Paper Mario-2.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Paper Mario-2.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
Paper Mario > TTYD > SM >>>
How did intelligent systems fuck this up?
Literally went from great to good to ok to shit.
Will we ever go back to the original rpg format or is this series doomed?
>>
I want a Paper Mario where your level up options are only "Badge points" and "Max # of badges".
>>
>>381193003
Miyamoto is a dick. He destroyed the franchise.
>>
>>381193003
>Paper Mario > TTYD

But that's wrong
>>
>>381193210

I thought the same thing until I replayed TTYD and got annoyed at all of the pointless backtracking. It's still a great game that has higher highs than PM64 (and lower lows), but I just like PM64 better, it's well rounded. They're both great games though and I wouldn't question anyone's taste for preferring TTYD.

>>381193003

>Will we ever go back to the original rpg format or is this series doomed?

If I recall correctly, Tanabe said that Paper Mario is going to be a testbed and do new things from here on.
>>
>>381193003
Having two Mario RPG series running at the same time was pointless, and while I prefered Paper Mario, it makes business sense to try and make it it's own game and leave the RPG shit to Mario & Luigi because it sold more. That combined with some idiotic tendencies of the director and it was doomed for failure, and will continue to fail as long as they don't take their head out of their asses
>>
>>381193210
How so? I feel like the chapters were more fun for the original game.
>>
File: 1472281115058.jpg (372KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472281115058.jpg
372KB, 1280x960px
>>381193003
To me, personally, Paper Mario 64 is one of my favourite games of all time. I like it more than any other in the series. The charm and the feel of everything just radiates in every single chapter. It oozes personality and creativity.

However, TTYD is definitely the better game overall. They all have their own flaws but TTYD improves on the original in almost every way while being a fresh, new experience.

Personal opinion - PM64 > TTYD
Objectively - TTYD > PM64
>>
>Chapter 1
PM64 > TTYD
>Chapter 2
PM 64 > TTYD
>Chapter 3
TTYD > PM64
>Chapter 4
PM64 (strong level design, weak narrative) = TTYD (strong narrative, weak level design)
>Chapter 5
TTYD > PM64
>Chapter 6
TTYD > PM64
>Chapter 7
I dunno I don't really remember these teebeeaych
>Chapter 8
TTYD > PM64
>>
>>381193210
horrid backtracking puts TTYD below PM64. Actually everything in PM64 is better than TTYD except the combat system
>>
>>381193927
>not remembering PM64's chapter 7

what the fuck

also

>glitzville better than shy guy's toybox

no way in hell
>>
The real tragedy is how people think Super Paper Mario was an okay game.

It was not. It was a bad RPG and a bad platformer. It was the end of Paper Mario - Not Sticker Star, not Color Splash.
>>
>>381193210
>load screens too long
>walking is slower AND you can't spin dash
>>
I couldn't handle having the option to attack the enemy every time they attack you but making it so very difficult to time it correcty. And those stupid taunts.
>action story with rpg elements
>>
>>381195824
*boo mansion
>>
>>381193187
badge points take care of that max # thing anyway
>>
>>381193927
>implying

>Chapter 1
PM64 = TTYD
>Chapter 2
PM 64 >>>>>>>> TTYD
>Chapter 3
PM64 > TTYD
>Chapter 4
PM64 >>>>>> TTYD
>Chapter 5
TTYD > PM64
>Chapter 6
TTYD > PM64
>Chapter 7
PM64 > TTYD
>Chapter 8
PM64 >= TTYD
>>
File: interview400.jpg (49KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
interview400.jpg
49KB, 400x266px
>>381193380
>Having two Mario RPG series running at the same time was pointless, and while I prefered Paper Mario, it makes business sense to try and make it it's own game and leave the RPG shit to Mario & Luigi because it sold more.

why do people on /v/ pretend to know business
if they're both selling who gives a flying fuck? M&L sold more because the systems its games were put on sold a metric fuck load. New PM games since the style switch have had less percentage of buys per system than before.

It doesn't make a lick of difference whether they're both RPGs that's just silly. They're different style games. They don't intertwine. It's not like someone's buying M&L and saying "oh that's okay i've had enough mario RPGs for one day" and skip PM because of it. That's just silly. They sell the same pokemon game twice every generation with a different color, doesn't canablize any sales. Anyone saying it "makes business sense" not to have two mario RPG series is talking directly out of their a-hole.
>>
>>381193927
I'd probably say that chapter 7 PM64 > TTYD
>>
>>381196792
should also note that PM (except SS) was console and M&L was on handheld.
>>
>>381193003
That is wrong. TTYD, always first.
>>
Can you emulate it without visual glitches yet? I haven't played the original since its release.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.