[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>create the perfect racing game with the most fun physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: MK8Deluxe.jpg (370KB, 1920x1051px) Image search: [Google]
MK8Deluxe.jpg
370KB, 1920x1051px
>create the perfect racing game with the most fun physics and the greatest tracks ever seen
>completely and utterly turn it to shit by giving it a heavy RNG spam item system

Why did they let this happen?
>>
Turn them off
>>
>turn off items
Now what's your excuse
>>
>>381186830
>>381187142
The problem isn't items existing it's that there are too many anti-fun items like the blue shell. Hey if you want to give last place a sporting chance, that's great, but they shouldn't punish winning players in a way they cannot refute.
>Nintendo got this idea, at some point, that players who sucked at games should be given unspeakable power at the crucial moments of a race. Using this power, they can disrupt all players’ fun and destroy the possibility of some players winning the race. One of these unspeakable powers is the Lightning Bolt. You can only get it if you’re in last-ish place. When you use the Lightning Bolt, it slows all of the other drivers down, making it so that everyone else playing the game is groaning through their teeth that the jerk who sucks enough to be in last place used a Lightning Bolt to ruin everyone’s fun.

>It’s like, in Mario Kart, if you have a Lightning Bolt, it’s already sort of a lost cause. When you use it, you’re probably thinking, “This isn’t fun if I don’t win, so I don’t want everyone else to have any fun, either.”

>Maybe if Nintendo wants to keep all gamers welcome, they could stop cramming their games with mudslides and banana peels and heat-seeking red shells and gophers that jump up out of nowhere and squids that shoot ink in your god darn face.
>>
>>381186747
>Online with items is an RNG clusterfuck
>Online without Items is boring as all hell

Is there a way to limit items to just the more tame ones like say bananas and shells (no blue ones).
>>
File: 1497513395466.png (585KB, 1076x943px) Image search: [Google]
1497513395466.png
585KB, 1076x943px
>>381186747
>call MK the perfect racing game
>hate items
>>
Wait what, there's online without items? How to access it?

I've thought about smashing my Switch after I am in 3rd place and then I get zerg rushed by items one after another, leaving me in last place.
>>
>>381187992
>in a way they cannot refute
There are half a dozen ways to negate a blue shell. Knowing how to deal with blue shells - or how to recover once hit - is part of being in first, otherwise you might as well play time trials.
>>
>>381188363
There's one item designed for it which you probably won't get in first place, and you're definitely not going to get any mushrooms in first place.
>>
>>381186747
Because it's first and foremost a party game, not a racing game. A party is not fucking fun if everyone, regardless of skill level, doesn't have a least a chance to win.
>>381188203
Tournaments, turn items off.
>>
>>381188503
There's the horn but there's also the bullet bill and the star which make you invincible. Of course you'll never have those in first place. The ways to negate a blue shell are all similarly contextual and it's chance if you find yourself in the forunate position to use one of these contextual escape routes the moment it's about to explode. There's even less ways to negate a Lightning Bolt.
Makes me wonder what would happen if you used a blue shell while in first.
>>
>>381188649
The shell hits you. That doesn't change because you're in first.
>>
File: .jpg (53KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
53KB, 500x281px
>>381188743
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.