[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I've been playing this for about 20 hours so far.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0597.jpg (112KB, 880x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0597.jpg
112KB, 880x586px
Well, I've been playing this for about 20 hours so far. I think it's the best game ever made.
>>
File: 1496525292694.png (266KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
1496525292694.png
266KB, 600x691px
>>381176198
it's definitely up there. most flaws are just a lack of content in certain areas (dungeons) which arguably isn't a 'mistake' so much as just how they decided to divide their resources. imo they should have spent a bit more time on them though even if the world suffers a bit from it. 900+ korok seeds is kinda superfluous.
>>
File: AAASSSSSS.jpg (18KB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
AAASSSSSS.jpg
18KB, 478x357px
>>381176361
The fact that you can't get to 20 hearts bugs the shit out of me. I guess it's so +hearts food still has a function even once you max out, but come on. You're unkillable by that point in the game anyway, just let the yellow hearts overflow into a third row.
>>
>>381176361

It's not really a dungeon game though. All the hard stuff is out in the world. They probably designed it like this on purpose to make you feel like you're on a grand adventure. And it works flawlessly.
>>
>>381176198
I have a PC master race friend who is a huge Deus Ex / Witcher fan who bought a Wii U way back when Smash released to play with me. The January trailer got him hyped up enough that we ended up both getting it at midnight and playing through it while shitposting each other through Steam.

Was one of the greatest vidya experiences in my life so far. We traded tips, talked to each other about shit we saw, fought each other over avoiding spoilers, and so on and so on. By the end of it I asked him what he thought of it and he said it was definitely in his top 10 games of all time next to New Vegas/Witcher 3/Deus Ex.

It's a damn good game. I hope the sequel has bigger dungeons though. The Divine Beasts are great but they're simply too short and too few.
>>
>>381176198
Same, got it running on CEMU this week and it's already up there in my top 10 games. I just love exploring every bit of the world.
>>
File: 1483488907295.jpg (45KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
1483488907295.jpg
45KB, 640x632px
>>381176673
i mean, I'm glad they kept the focus on the world. definitely prefer world > dungeon focus rather than the opposite.

Two other flaws I think can be argued objectively that I just thought of:

>soundtrack is mediocre at best with the exception of a few tracks.

>final ganon fight is epic but the effect is ruined with how braindead easy he is.

Imagine if we had a final ganon fight where instead of fighting in the field, he charges at one of the towns and you have to turn him back before he destroys it. Each time you turn him back he attacks another and zelda/sheikahstuff teleports you there to keep going.

IMO the pre-beast encounters were the most fun parts of the game. especially the gerudo sand seal one and the zora one with sidon.
>>
>>381176198
GET READY FOR SOME MORE HOURS!
>>
>>381178029
Not even going to touch that until I finish the game.
>>
Probably gonna replay it on hard mode when it comes out. I feel i played too efficiently with fast traveling and being a completionist than just wandering about. I'm gonna change my play style next time.
>>
>>381176198
No one gives a shit what a manchild nintendyearold faggot thinks. Kill yourself along with your garbage empty game
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (80KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0576.jpg
80KB, 1024x384px
>>381178839
>>
>>381176198
Its amazing. Only flaw for me was the lack of variety among hard enemies. Most are piss easy to beat. It only becomes challenging if you go to akala or hebra mountains with like three hearts. The really fun one was thunderblight ganon. If they had a lot more that were as fun as him, the game would be perfect.
>>
>>381177076
could you LINK us to a tutorial bruv x
>>
>>381179405
sent ;)
>>
Sony fag here, I played it at my cousins house while house sitting for 3 days and I will say it is one of the best games I've ever played on any system. Not buying a switch until it has more games though.
>>
Also has the greatest trailer of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

There was a lot of apprehension to game leading up to release, even after the waves it caused at E3 2016. Then this trailer hit and silenced everyone. Zelda was back baby.
>>
>>381179982
Whoops, Japanese version is 10x better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPOIlHxvJeI
>>
>>381179850
>its so great i wont actually purchase a console for it

bloodbourne wins again
>>
>>381176198

>fast travel
>climb
Hup Hope Hup Hope Hup Hope
>change clothes
Hup Hope Hup Hope Hup Hope
>change clothes
>catch bugs
>break weapon
>change clothes
Hup Hope Hup Hope Hup

Rinse, repeat
>>
>>381176198
It's alright.
I think its overall very average due to the fact that it's a really boring game to play and reminds me of an early access game as opposed to a Zelda game.

It doesnt have any play progression, feedback, or sense of reward. Its very cut and dry, and you quickly see repeating puzzle content. Using the same gadgets since the tutorial hardly inspires mixups. The world has nice variety, but lead to the same things you find else; you may just need new clothes.

I also wish the enemies were so retarded. They ragdoll fall down, spin around slowly, and react with the dumbest movesets. Even world bosses are slow and will just stand there most of the time. Lynel are the only 'agressive' mob, but can easily be qte parried.

The game also has a terrible ost.

I dunno, it all feels very novel to play because nothing really came from the experience; i collected a lot of spirit orbs and seeds, that's it. I saw unique setpieces but they always had the same idea puzzles. Nothing really surprised me or gave me a sense of excitement. It was like experiencing a bunch of small gimmicks that never manifest into something I would use everytime, and all the content was heavily diluted and mediocre.
>>
>>381176198
I'm happy you're enjoying it. It's genuinely one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>381180284
You can block fire breath with metal shields? Fuck.
>>
>>381178029
>some QoL map improvements that should have been patched in, and a hard mode that only turns enemies into regenerating sponges

Loved the game, but I'm gonna skip this one.
>>
>>381182332
Finally an anon who has an actual brain and isn't mindlessly fellating Nintendo franchises. Game is painfully dull.
>>
>>381179405
Download Cemu
Download BOTW
Download Cemuhook
Download a shadercache
Download a 4k pack if you want one
Download mapleseed

Literally just google it and find a >reddit tutorial

It takes like an hour to set up all told.
>>
>>381179982
I forgot how bad the english VA was in this game.

I can't believe the US union dared to go on a strike when this is the result of their work.
>>
Do this many people genuinely think its an amazing game? I guess thats what happens when all you have to play for years is mario kart and smash
>>
I played for 300, it's shit
>>
>>381183459
>you can only own and play a single console

Not everyone is poor, anon.
>>
>>381183048
I just want an excuse to replay it since I left so much side content on the table with my first playthrough.
>>
>>381182332
>It doesn't have any play progression, feedback, or sense of reward.
are you one of those people who just did easy-to-reach shrines and korok hunting for forty hours?

each dungeon you beat gives you a new power, and there's loads of clothes that bestow different abilities to, some much harder to get than others.

One of my best memories of the game is desperately running from the nearest tower to the Goron village, while dressed as a trap for heat resistance and still burning to death, rapidly running out of food, using up my fairies and my once per day free revive, and barely making it to the clothing store in time to buy the much better heat resisting gear they sold there which you needed to survive. the sense of reward for accomplishing that was palpable.

so was the sense of reward for activating that really annoying tower surrounded by electric wizrobes a electric frogmen by just flying all the way to the top with the super wind jump once I unlocked it, after having attempted and failed the thing several times without it.
and then later I got the helmet that makes you immune to lighting attacks and I went back there to fuck them all up as one last revenge
>>
>>381178029
I'm gonna hold off until all four are out.
I really hope they throw in some super hard bonus bosses in the later packs
>>
File: v4RMqhI.jpg (111KB, 406x581px) Image search: [Google]
v4RMqhI.jpg
111KB, 406x581px
>>381176361
personally i dont mind there being such an insane amount of korok seeds. it always gives me something to fine even in an area ive been through multiple times, and i dont plan on getting all of them anyway

also, this game has some top tier waifus and all of the races are probably my favorite version of that race to date
>>
File: adghsh.jpg (20KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
adghsh.jpg
20KB, 259x194px
>>381182281
>>
>>381183048
>and a hard mode that only turns enemies into regenerating sponges

Yeah, this is kind of disappointing. Early in the game you won't even have the inventory to get the weapons you'll need to fight silver enemies without them breaking in a few hits and your weak weapons are going to take even longer to beat them. Seems like the only option will be to just run away from all silver enemies until later in the game.

Instead of making enemies more resilient, they should've made them more powerful and do more damage so that even in the late game you're more reliant on your gear and making the proper food and potions you're going to need.
>>
File: 1497915033278m.jpg (112KB, 630x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497915033278m.jpg
112KB, 630x1024px
BOTW has ruined all open world games like Witcher 3 and HZD for me.
Bought Horizon Zero Dawn during the E3 sale last week, and I've put maybe 15-20 hours into it. I finished BOTW then went back to HZD. I cant take it seriously after BOTW.
I am constantly jumping against random walls to try and climb them
I am constantly venturing into strange and difficult-to-access parts of the map and being disappointed when there's nothing there, not even a Korok Seed OR something to discover
I am also constantly marveling at how good the weather animation is in HZD, but keep expecting to be struck by lightning during every storm. I feel no fear or nothing wherever I am.
And when I go back to MGSV to try and finish it, or Blood and Wine, or Xenoblade Chronicles X... it's the same damned thing.
Breath of the Wild has really ruined open world games for me. Nintendo has set a brand new standard, and it is just too, too high.
Nintendo has literally set a new fuckin standard. Open world skyrim clones literally don't feel the same after this game, this game will be remembered 10 years down the line. Honestly, I'm left unsatisfied by how empty other games are. The focus on hyperinteractivity in the environment has changed open world forever.
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>381186709
You've got a few options still. Sneak strike, lighting them on fire, using a Korok Leaf to blow them into water or off cliffs.

I agree though, they picked a very strange way to increase the difficulty that I don't really understand.
>>
>>381186709
they should have just given them a better AI that knows how to block and dodge
>>
File: link.png (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>381187445
Lizalfos already dodged like motherfuckers and it's infuriating.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.