[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment. Is Torment:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: TormentToNcover.jpg (21KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
TormentToNcover.jpg
21KB, 250x361px
I like Baldur's Gate II and Planescape: Torment. Is Torment: Tides of Numera worth buying?
>>
>>381172393
Torment: Tides of Numenera is the FF13 to PST's FF6
>>
File: FF Tropes.png (261KB, 2080x1243px) Image search: [Google]
FF Tropes.png
261KB, 2080x1243px
>>381172551
That's damning.
>>
>>381173547
Somehow the number of tropes is directly proportional to the quality of the story. Really borne out when you look at obvious storyline turds like FF1-3
>>
>>381174795
Those are so old that they don't even really count.
>>
>>381175306
Why? Generally the image is just showing the tropes that the 90s and early 00s FFs tended to focus on, while ignoring the late 80s tropes which were more influenced by traditional RPGs before Square devised their own tropes to follow. And now FF has generally moved on from many of those 90s-early 00s tropes, but perhaps one could find tropes that FF12-15 adhere to that earlier FFs do not.
>>
>>381172393
It's worth playing, but not worth buying all full price
>>
>>381175946
Also, the game is incredibly biased in favor of Intelligence builds, but then again, almost everyone rolled a WIS build in Torment
>>
>>381175696
It's like comparing Snow White to the modern Disney movies, it's just too old.
>>
I thought it would be the crowning jewel of the cRPG renaissance, but it's merely among the better ones. I think it's gotten a bad reputation due to being a disappointment, but there's plenty of good stuff in it, too.

Since it's a Torment game, its main focus is writing. I know a lot of people didn't like how verbose the game was, but I had no issues with reading a lot. The branching dialogue is some of the best ever in video games, but the overarching narrative feels like it's a victim of rewrites and honestly, just falls flat in the end.

The first half of T:ToN is great, exploring the city and talking to people is my favourite part of any new cRPG, but the combat (that there is little of) is shit and the second half doesn't hold up.

Buy, just not at full price.
>>
>>381176424
Disney has moved on in its tropes and so has Square(EniX).

Still love dem princesses though
>>
No don't waste your money.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.