[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Face it, the Xbox was superior in every way to the PS2 and Gamecube,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: Xbox-console.jpg (62KB, 1200x552px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-console.jpg
62KB, 1200x552px
Face it, the Xbox was superior in every way to the PS2 and Gamecube, and the PS2 only won that generation because it was a glorified DVD player. Every multi-plat game was significantly better on Xbox than on PS2/GCN. It also had the best controller and the best UI.
>>
All Xbox consoles are just CoD and GTA machines bought by preteens
>>
shadow of the colossus
>>
Metal Gear Solid 3
>>
Devil May Cry
>>
Final Fantasy
MGS3
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Armored Core
Entire PS1 library.
>>
Sly Cooper
>>
I agree that it had its advantages over the other systems. HOWEVER The PS2 had a larger and more diverse library. The Gamecube had strong exclusives.
>>
God Hand
>>
File: Aeon_Flux-ntsc-Xbox.jpg (1016KB, 3212x2140px) Image search: [Google]
Aeon_Flux-ntsc-Xbox.jpg
1016KB, 3212x2140px
>>381169659
Typical weeb as usual. Microsoft doesn't need to cater to idiots like to begin with.
>>
>>381169502
>Every multi-plat game was significantly better on Xbox than on PS2/GCN

True but back then systems had more than 5 exclusives so "best multiplats" was mostly meaningless since you bought a system for the exclusives and hoped the multiplats were fine
>>
Jak and Daxter
>>
>>381170205
Buffy > god hand
>>
Devil May Cry 3
>>
Maximo
>>
>>381169659
GTA was much more popular on PS2 idiot.
>>
Final Fantasy X
>>
Ace Combat 4
>>
From a pure technical POV it's my favorite console of the generation and it does have some great games. PS2 has way more games though, I can understand why people like it more. When actually playing PS2 I often wish it was more powerful.

The hueg xbox controller is the best controller.
>>
Gran Turismo 3
>>
Dark Cloud
>>
>>381169502
>multiplats were better on Xbox
Not Sonic Heroes
>>
>>381169502
you were a power house with 5 decent games at best.
>>
>>381169502
kotor and jade empire made the console for me
>>
>>381169502
>PS2
No
>Gamecube
Yes
>>
>>381170871
Bigger library than the Gamecube and it wasn't even close, actually.
>>
>>381170871
show up in my town and I'll slug you to death with the controller,
>>
Shinobi
>>
>>381169502
The only reason why the PS2 won was because it was sold for 13 years. The Xbox was sold for 7 years and the Gamecube was on sale for 6 years.
>>
>>381169502
but MAYLAY
>>
Okami
>>
>>381169502
>non Duke controller
Booooooooo!
>>
>>381170236
>Xbox doesn't have to cater to idiots
>Still a cod machine
>>
>>381171206
The PS2 won because it was more accessible, had more games and became more popular.

That doesn't mean that Xbox didn't have a wealth or good games, it just didn't have as many and wasn't as popular.
>>
Sly 2
>>
Bully
>>
File: rage.gif (35KB, 673x505px) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
35KB, 673x505px
>>381169502
No, the Xbox was the second-to-last final nail to quality vidya. The previous 2 nails were the death of the DreamCast and the success of PS2 catering to dudebro normalfags because muh DVD.

I fucking hate how this hobby went to shit.
>>
God of War
>>
I love the original Xbox, but it wasn't better than the PS2. It was more powerful than the PS2, yes, it had a better controller and better UI than the PS2, yes, but the PS2 was superior because it had DVD support, which in turn pulled in the larger audience, which in turn gained more popularity with game devs, which in turn produced many more, superior exclusives. It was made by Sony, which also garnered more popularity with Jap devs over Microsoft, because Japs are naturally xenophobic. In a universe where Microsoft added DVD support at launch, maybe it would have been the superior console. I'll always love it, and always regard it as the Dreamcast 2. Too good for this world.
>>
>>381169502
>ate discs
I wouldn't say it was superior in every way, anon. It was far less durable, the discs were made of garbage too. It certainly was the most powerful console of its time. But that's about it. It had no games, games weren't stable on it, discs could be damaged from normal use, and the disc drives die after a little more than a couple years.

I have two PS2's that still work and a gamecube that still works. The Xbox has been a brick for over 6 years now.
>>
Kingdom Hearts 2
>>
>>381171642
xbox had dvd support, you just needed the jew controller
>>
>>381169502
PS2 won because of its library.
>>
>>381170379
I wanted that game the moment I saw Buffy fucking bicycle kicking vampires in-game. It has great animations.
>>
>>381171716
I should have clarified and said built-in DVD support.
>>
The Xbox lacked quality games though

PS2+Gamecube has all the games while Xbox only has Ninja Gaiden Black & Jet Set Radio Future
>>
The PS2 library was amazing.
>>
Persona 3
>>
>>381169502
k
>>
>>381171376
As I said, the only reason why it had more of anything was because it was available for over twice as long as the Gamecube and nearly that for the Xbox.
>>
>>381169502
The Xbox was a bit slower in some scenarios if compared to the gamecube.
But it had the memory to use all its power, while the gamecube shot itself on the kneecaps by having only 24MB of actually useful memory.
>>
>>381171785
kill yourself you meming faggot
>>
>>381169502
I agree with this post by itself, but I'd rank the PS2 and GameCube above literally every other console from 1995 to present. That entire generation was god-tier and I don't think the PS2 and GameCube should be shat on just because I think the XBox was better.
>>
Dragon Quest 8
>>
Odin Sphere
>>
PS2 because of its software library.

Software sells hardware.

I know, hard concept to grasp right?
>>
>>381169502
>PS2 only won
That's pretty much the only thing that matters. This didn't need a thread
>>
Katamari Damacy
>>
Sly cooper
Jack and daxter
Ratchet and clank
Gran turismo
Final fantasy
Metal gear solid
Okami
Katamari
God of war

How did the PS2 ever sell? Amirite? Hur dur.
>>
File: 1491851254806.jpg (10KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1491851254806.jpg
10KB, 185x185px
>everyone in this thread was too poor to buy them every console that generation
>everyone in this thread was too poor to know that every console that generation was fantastic in their own right, and that this thread is completely redundant because of this
Have fun with your "brand loyalty", poorfags.
>>
>>381172512
I bought every console that mattered to me. Turns out I was able to play Halo and Morrowind on my PC back then so I skipped the XBOX. Womp fucking womp.
>>
>>381172334
These were some faggot ass games.

Aside from MGS and GoW I wouldn't touch any of that.
>>
File: ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg (54KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg
54KB, 354x500px
>>381169659
y-yeah. that shitty xbox has nothing that could match o-our japanese game greatness
>>
>>381170379
Dang this image just gave me a flashback to that one time I played that game 10+ years ago at a friends house. That was the first time I played on an original Xbox and I think the only time, too.
>>
pro tip to get Coin Ops 8 if you have a modded xbox. literally the only thing you need.

also, if anyone knows where to get xbox isos, i'd appreciate it. the only place i know makes you download them one at a time. a torrent would be easier
>>
File: collage1497931331016.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
collage1497931331016.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>381169659
Yeah, XBOX has no good exclusi-
>>
>>381173558
9 exclusives, nice.
>>
>>381171681
I've had mine 13 years and works like a charm. Aside from the leakage issues in some models, if yours broke down, it's because you're a nigger to your electronic devices.
Also, it had plenty of great exclusives, and the best console versions of multiplats.
>>
>>381172512
I had PS2 and Xbox

I barely played my Xbox, played Halo CE and Halo 2 online for free using xlink kai. That's it really. It mostly collected dust in the basement.
>>
>>381173645
>kof
>jet set
>halo
>doa
>phantom crash
>night caster

Not to mention games like Jade Empire and Kotor that weren't available to most kids on PC.
>>
>>381173645
There's more, but I don't get people who say XBOX had no good exclusives, or no Japanese games. Maybe not a lot of JRPGS, but I could count on one hand the number of good JRPGS on the Ps2 anyway. Xbox also had the best versions of multiplats, there were a lot of games that were better on Xbox than they were on PC.
>>
>>381172997
Only because M$ payed team ninja a shit ton of money to make Ninja Gaiden and DoA exclusive.
>>
>>381174005
Your point being?
>>
>>381173895
Well, hugebox does have a bunch of good exclusives, but I'd argue that many of them aren't well known to outsiders.
>>
https://discord.gg/zQdBnB
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.