[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind feels bigger than skyrim and oblivion combined... I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: file.jpg (167KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
167KB, 1024x578px
Morrowind feels bigger than skyrim and oblivion combined... I feel lost in this world, I struggle to navigate it. Everything is scary, and surreal. Walking through the ashlands for the first time as a level 1 and stumbling across bandits and other travelers who braved the landscapes.

Looking up at the night sky and seeing the red moon dwarf everything else in comparison. Why do people even play oblivion or skyrim? This game has so much more content, and even the mods dwarf the games in comparison.
>>
>>381164443
oblivion
>more comfy
>better comfy music
>lush landscapes
>actual fun quests sometimes
>combat actually felt revolutionary

cant tell you how much i wish i was mentally capable of actually modding oblivion more thoroughly but alas

i just dont enjoy morrowinds hostile environments sometimes, it's just not what i want when i play a bethesda game
>>
>>381164443
TES set in Masser when
>>
Morrowind felt much more alien than Skyrim or Oblivion.
>>
>>381165128
in a good way though.
>>
>>381165128
>>381165212
Thats the entire point. Rolling up in skyrim or oblivion and having everyone kiss your ass is no fun.
>>
>Plays Morrowind.
>But ugly chars.
>Attacks miss all the time.
>Slow as fuck running.
>Spells fail.
Why do people like this shit?
>>
File: beautiful.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>>381164818
>comfy
this is the only praise that retards have for oblivion; when they say "comfy" it means familiar, shallow, easily accessible and doesn't make you think/read anything.

>revolutionary combat
holy shit lmao
>>
>younger crowd on /v/ plays Morrowind as their first TES game
>completely get the wrong idea about the series as a whole
>go on and on about "m-muh alien landscapes" and "m-muh mushroom trees"
>complain endlessly about Oblivion being "generic fantasy" when it was actually a return to form
>they're all too young to understand just how crushing a disappointment Morrowind was for TES fans

I'm fond of Morrowind myself, but it's mid-tier at best.
>>
>>381166463
>slow as fuck running
Morrowind gets way faster than even a 100 speed Oblivion character
>>
File: Oblivion20150207 18.47.06.jpg (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion20150207 18.47.06.jpg
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>381166480
>this is the only praise that retards have for oblivion; when they say "comfy" it means familiar, shallow, easily accessible and doesn't make you think/read anything.
No it generally means how comfy you are playing the game, dummy. Skyrim is hailed as shallow yet it is not comfy at all.
>>
>>381166739
After the dumpster pile that was Daggerfall, Morrowind was a disappointment?
>>
>>381164818
>revolutionary combat
Holy shit, off yourself.Oblivion has the worst case of damage sponge in any game, combined with it's retarded leveling system that actually makes you weaker as you level up.
>>
>>381166739
This is getting too meta for me.

>every elder scrolls game after the last one was considered bad until a new one came out
>>
>>381167014
Not weaker. You get to fight stronger and more interesting monsters. You don't get to see minotaurs and liches until higher levels.
>>
>>381166463
the genuinely creative setting and interesting environments were the main draws. it was also really big and encouraged free roaming exploration

the main appeal of daggerfall is the mind boggling scope of the world. it's huge and has thousands of settlements, each populated by hundreds of npcs. it's all shallow and procedurally generated, but still impressive

skyrim and oblivion's main failing is that they spend way too many resources on graphics and voice acting, which forces them to greatly reduce the size and scope of things so peoples' machines can run the game.
>>
>>381166480
>feeling comfortable playing a game is somehow a bad thing

Uh oh. Tryhard alert.
>>
>>381167217
There's nothing creative about Morrowind's setting.
>>
>>381167162
Which is completely fucking retarded and murders any sense of progression.
What's the point of leveling up if all enemies and loot are scaled to your levels.I hate how, for example, goblins go extinct once you reach level 15.
>>
File: 1471353029871.jpg (85KB, 342x410px) Image search: [Google]
1471353029871.jpg
85KB, 342x410px
>>381164818
>Oblivion
>better comfy music
i'd spit in your face for saying that
>>
>>381166739
no, a bad game is a bad game

at the end of the day, tes is an open world game series. is the world of morrowind interesting? have the developers thought long about what this world is like? its people, customs, history, relationship with other states, geography, religion, native flora/fauna etc? in morrowind, yes, oblivion no. what's the point of exploring another world when that world is stock standard? this is what is most important to an open world game: the world.
>>
>>381167716
now this is bait
>>
oblivion is best elder scrolls. case closed.
>>
>>381165128
That's because it's set in a bizarro cursed ashland elfhole with literally satan living in a volcano, trapped inside by ancestors' bones, fucking around with the heart of the world with ancient heretical dorf tools. Meanwhile Skyrim is "hey y'all niggers ever heard of Vikings?"
>>
>>381166860
ah yeah, the infamous
>b-b-b-buh muh enchantments
Fuck off. Speedwalking for 5 seconds drains you fully for like half of the fucking game.
>>
>>381166739
no, the ultima rip-off era of TES games sucked and everyone knew it.
>>
>>381168632
>not jumping from city to city with your 100pt jump 1 second spell and slowfalling before you hit the ground
yet another thing morrowind does better is moving around the world
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.