[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post legitimately good reasons why you're not playing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: PokemonGOFire&Ice.jpg (283KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonGOFire&Ice.jpg
283KB, 1310x873px
Post legitimately good reasons why you're not playing and why you dropped and stopped playing, I'll wait

What're your bullshit excuses this time, /v/?
>>
I never played it, I'm not a fan of games for children.
>>
>>381162049
Got bored after getting my Rattata/Pidgey/Caterpie/Weedle/Sentret number 999999999, and it had tons of bugs dispite being released almost a year ago.
>>
>>381162049
They already had a near perfect pokemon game model but they dropped it for a simplistic generic mobile game model.

All they had to do was port in the combat system from the original pokemon games and make it so you have to walk around to run into pokemon.

Last I heard there was still no battling/trading or even legendary pokemon.
>>
I got banned.
>>
>>381162049
I got bored in less than a week. The "battles" were an abomination.
>>
>>381162049
I don't own a smartphone. I wasn't as addicted as most when I had one but getting rid of it sure was great
>>
There just isn't enough to do in this "game". It was fun when it first came out because it was new and exciting, but playing it for a few months just shows you how shallow it is.

If they enabled trading, and pvp battling outside of the the gyms I'd be all over it again. But they'd also have to fix the rampancy of bots as well.
>>
Because it is boring.
You catch Pokemon.... and then what?

No gyms. Can't battle anyone. Can't trade anyone. Can't breed. Can't do anything in this "game".
>>
>>381162049
>Need to Keep the game going
>Need to Have GPS on that kills your battery
>Got boring with having to have good luck to find the pokemon you want.
>>
They won't let me log in because I rooted my phone for the purpose of blocking ads
>>
File: 1414371499280.gif (943KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1414371499280.gif
943KB, 500x463px
>>381162049

Found other constructive uses of my free time, like getting back into books or picking up my weight lifting routine. Gonna get /fit/ and /lit/.

Plus with all of the roms I've got on my hacked N3DS I've literal hundreds of better choices in games. Never played a Castlevania before, can't wait to pop that cherry.
>>
They removed passenger play. Well, you can't catch anything with it. So, ded gaem.
>>
>>381162049
I never started playing. Niantic is a shit company and their game before this, Ingress or whatever, was shit so I had no hype for this even when people were spazzing out over it. I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about a month in but never got round to playing.
>>
>>381162049
the game is very anti consumer
>>
>>381162049
because i rooted my phone and I dont want to jump through hoops to get it to work
also tracking is still gone
>>
File: 1467745888469.gif (4MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467745888469.gif
4MB, 540x360px
>>381162049
I live in a rural area so I rarely get pokeballs
I hit the cap on my pokemon count anyways and I don't feel like taking an hour clearing that shit out
I'll probably play it when I go on vacation to a place where it's actually fun to play
>>
Never played it, the fact that they only had gen 1 was enough to turn me off since that's not enough Pokemon to keep me interested for more than a week

It should have had both gen 1 and 2 at the start or at least gen 1 and 6
>>
>>381162341
>Sentret

That wasn't out for months after release and you were still entertained?

Autist
>>
>>381162049
gen 2 bullshit

app still runs like shit a year after launch

battery murder

braindead gameplay

are there honestly any positives
>>
I'm still popping in for my dailies.

Current event going on is nice and the new update looks fantastic.
>>
1) They decided to not use the same battle system as all the other pokemon games, and instead gave us some shitty mindless version.

2) Pokemon don't come to my house
>>
my mum bullied the fuck outta me for not joining her in team valor. she'd take my gyms while i was asleep and i'd have barely any chance of making progress with the coins.

>tfw being an instinct-bro is suffering
>>
>>381162049
Pokemon is shit
Phone games are shit
Don't need motivation to exercise
>>
>Removed tracking
>Updates made it run worse on my phone
>Canadian winter
>>
>>381162049
as someone who has gotten to level 30
possesses a nearly complete dex
and has done generally everything there is to do in the game

there are major flaws
>>381162439
this is probably the biggest one
the fact that they didn't just take regular pokemon and port it into a mobile game that factored in geo location is abominable

but a few things about the game as it is
the CP calculation is shit and doesn't allow people to use their favorite pokemon, instead encouraging people to use a select few pokemon that just have generically high stats in the main series games minus speed because the way speed is factored into CP is shit

battling is retarded. The current gym setup is a huge mistake and the upcoming gym rework isn't going to fix it

no way to teach the pokemon moves/change their moves. Forcing you to evolve hundreds of the same pokemon in an attempt to get the right moveset is very punishing and stupid. IVs kind of make sense but not being allowed to teach your pokemon attacks is stupid

lack of pokemon diversity. As someone who played from both rural and urban areas at different times it is like night and day. The fact of the matter is if you don't live in a highly populated area there is no reason to play this game. The way this should have worked was pokemon spawns should have been based on geo location and nothing else. Forcing people to travel to get pokemon would have made things interesting but as it stands if you live in a major city you have access to everything without having to move where if you do not you have access to nothing and are forced into cities to play the game.

no direct player interaction. No trading, no battles, no nothing. A major hallmark of poekmon was bringing the community together by forcing people to trade with one another to "catch them all" this game just encourages you to play by yourself and does nothing to get you to interact with the other players

just a few things. I could probably name more
>>
It's not Digimon despite being made by Bamco.
>>
>>381162049
The entire point of Pokemon is battling. Every mini-game, every feature, every mechanic is centered around the core battle system in a Pokemon game. In Go, the battle system sucks and takes no strategy and is literally just "Mash on the screen at 12 FPS and hope you win."

I played for a long while after the Normies stopped playing it, but eventually I realized that if the combat isn't fun then training no longer builds up to anything and therefore, catching is also no longer fun since catching for catching's sake is pointless if you're not going to battle.

If they fix the battle system to make it turn-based, allow for local battles and implement trading, MAYBE I'll come back to it, but for now, I'm done.
>>
>>381162049
>it kept crashing on ny phone ₩
>i got bored of it
>>
>>381163297
The pokedex entries are occasionally fun to read and the models aren't terrible.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.