[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me your number one reason you stand by your console or brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: justswitchmyshitup.jpg (24KB, 692x414px) Image search: [Google]
justswitchmyshitup.jpg
24KB, 692x414px
Tell me your number one reason you stand by your console or brand of choice, /v/

>switch
just way more portable
ps4 is great, but if I want to bring it over to a friend's house I gotta lug all of this shit with me
with the switch I just bring it in a little bag and detach the controllers
>>
I don't subscribe to a brand or specific device, idort here. But I use my 3DS the most because it has a great library from multiple consoles and shit fits in my pocket.
>>
>PC
I dont have friends and I dont leave the house.
>>
>>381161357
this
>>
File: 1454219883446.png (92KB, 354x441px) Image search: [Google]
1454219883446.png
92KB, 354x441px
>Switch

I grew up with nintendo and most of the IPs I care about are nintendo. Honestly not much on other consoles I care enough about. I'd be interested in maybe persona but not enough to buy a system for it.
>>
Switch:
Xenoverse 2
Skyrim
Sonic Forces

On. The. Go.
>>
>>381160830
That video is still adorable.
>>
File: 783.png (1MB, 800x2524px) Image search: [Google]
783.png
1MB, 800x2524px
>>381160830
Pc. Litterly everything is better.
>>
>>381160830
>switch
Just got one, I thought a portable console with high res screen would be neat and damn did it deliver, the screen on this thing is so good.
>>
>>381160830
>ps4
had every sony console growing up but just feels like the better system though. gets all the multi plats plus a bunch of exclusives feels more solid than xbox
>switch
when I can actually fucking get one
>>
>Switch

grew up with nintendo, i like nintendo games, so i bought a nintendo console

i don't really care about anything the ps4 has to offer, and i have a pc for 'xbox exclusives'
>>
File: Yellow Clarck Kent.jpg (24KB, 625x470px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Clarck Kent.jpg
24KB, 625x470px
>>381160830
>PS4
Ace Combat 7
>Switch
Mario and Zelda

I also own a PC.
>>
>>381160830
I don't. I'm an idort.
>>
I always go Playstation+Nintendo every single generation because I simply like Japanese games
PS4 is great, Switch is good too.
>>
>>381165297
AC7 is coming to PC.
>>
whatever my friends are on. last gen we were on 360 and now its ps4. i never had a problem with multiplats on console. also that new spiderman game is another big reason i got a ps4
>>
File: 1422937159344.jpg (64KB, 387x335px) Image search: [Google]
1422937159344.jpg
64KB, 387x335px
I have a PC, PS4, and a Switch. PC for obvious reasons, PS4 because it had enough exclusives to get me interested. But I'm one of the many nintenbabbies coming out of the woodwork to say that I fucking love my Switch more than any other console I've owned recently. Ever since wii music, it was hard to be a nintendo fanboy, but after this E3 it's pretty much confirmed nintendo has finally decided to just start making good fucking games again. They've found the right balance between gimmick and gameplay - amiibo whoring is out of their system and is now a harmless cosmetic unlocker, wagglan is optional for everything, and the Switch's features are actually damn useful.
I mean,
>BOTW
>Mario Odyssey
>Splatoon 2
>MK8 DX
>co-op Kirby
>Metroid Prime fucking 4
>a full pokemon game
all on an HD portable system with full dual analog controls, instant docking for larger displays, and support for 2 player local multiplayer anywhere without buying extra controllers is kind of awesome. Once it gets hacked, it'll be a fucking wet dream for emulation.
>>
>Xbone

It has Halo and Gears
It has a reliable online service
It has objectively the best controller
I could go on.
>>
>PC
versatility

Not that I don't also have consoles.
>>
>>381167867
Will you be upgrading to the One X?
What else appeals about the Bone to you?
Do you have a gaymen PC?
I'm legit curious, I always like to hear from the other side of the fence.
>>
File: 1476206544078.jpg (67KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476206544078.jpg
67KB, 720x480px
>>381160830
I was a Nintenbro up until Gamecube, then I switched to Xbox and only stuck with it as long as I did because that's what my friends had. Then I got older, become a bitter loner, built a PC and now buy Intel/Nvidia, but I don't shill. They do what I want for my price point, if AMD did it better I'd jump over there but that's not happening. Fuck brand loyalty, you're a wallet to these billion dollar businesses, they don't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>381160830
>PS4
I got burned so badly by the Wii U that I just hate Nintendo now.
I never owned a PS3, either
>>
>>381168000
>Will you be upgrading to the One X?
Eventually. Before it was officially announced as the X I pretty excited at the potential for Gears 4 campaign/horde at 60FPS. But the devs are decided to bump the game to 4k instead. So I'll wait for a price drop or for 4k TVs to become cheaper.
>What else appeals about the Bone to you?
Most of my friends play on Xbone. But even if they were on PS4 I'd still have chosen Xbox just because of the exclusives.
>Do you have a gaymen PC?
No. I have a laptop that runs Fallout New Vegas with a shitload of mods really well though, that's all I'll ever want in terms of PC gaming.
>>
>>381167762
Speaking of hacks, anyone know what the scene for Switch is like? I remember some buzz from a few months ago when some guys first got it. Saying it was similar to a 3ds in terms of OS or something.
>>
>>381168435
The best thing they've got for now is a webkit exploit that lead to nowhere for the moment. If you want WiiU/3DS tier piracy don't expect it any time soon.
>>
>>381161357
>>
Dude I just buy the things that look like they have the games on it I like I don't stand by shit.
Brand loyalty fags are the worst.
>>
Diehard Nintentoddler here but I also own an Xbox One S (will trade it in for One X) mainly for 4K bluray player and games like RDR2. I have a gayman PC as well.

I'll never EVER buy a Sonynegro product.
>>
>>381168574
I mean, I figured it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's good to know that first step is done though
>>
I don't stand by one "brand of choice" because I'm not a child.
I look at each platform and make an informed decision as to whether I should buy it.
>>
>>381160830
I only really have a 3ds because of pokemon. too bad gen 7 fucking sucks
>>
>>381168357
Fair 'nuff. Ever played Forza Horizon 3? That was a recent Microsoft exclusive that I really enjoyed on PC, and I think more Xbots without PCs should play it.
>>
>all those people with a switch
What the fuck do you guys play? Zelda for Nth time? Mario Kart?
>>
>>381169334
Pretty much everyone I know has it and enjoys it. I prefer the Motorsport games desu.
>>
>>381169440
I've been playing Puyo Puyo lately actually. That Mighty Gunvolt Burst game is also decent.
>>
>>381160830
Whatever you dont like
Because fuck you and this pathetic shit
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
Nintendo doesn't have multiplats and no on owns an Xbone so I go with Sony. Also Sony's customer service has always done right by me and on the whole its communities are pretty nice.
>>
>>381169440
I have BotW, MK8D, USF2, BoI, Puyo Puyo, Disgaea 5 and ARMS for physical and bunch of indie digital games.
>>
I go with PS4 for actiony games and PC for city builders
>>
>>381160830
>All Platforms + PC

I ain't a bitch who's gonna miss everything gaming is about
>>
>>381169440
I've been playing other systems. Catching up on backlogs. I got mine at launch because I wanted to play BOTW on the go, and I knew I'd buy one within the year anyway for Splatoon and Mario. Zelda DLC is coming out in less than two weeks, so I'm excited for that.
>>
I don't feel any particular loyalty anymore because the Switch doesn't feel good to hold and they didn't even use a DPad.

I'll miss the WiiU's incredible shoulder buttons. Switch Splatoon isn't going to be the same.

My PS4 use is really high lately but will probably drop like a rock after I'm done with the games I'm playing right now because it doesn't have any games with replay value or good online multiplayer.
>>
>PS4
it's a great multiplat machine that some of my friends have and I really wanted some of the exclusives like Gravity Rush 2, plus a lot of the games my PC couldn't run happen to have ports
>>
>>381160830
I have all platforms but I like my Nintendo ones more because they usually have the most fun games.
>>
>>381163143
>PC tan is buff as shit
>This is how PCbros truly see themselves
>>
>>381170005
The Switch Pro controller shoulder buttons are really nice, IMO. Also has a really solid d-pad.
>>
>>381168942
how sad

>I WILL NEVER LET SONY FUCK ME IN THE ASS
>Buys 3 revisions of the xbox with no games
>>
>>381170301
> PS4 and Xbone people think consoles are good, sometimes even better than PC

Let's be real, there are idiots on both sides of the isle.
>>
I don't currently own a console because there's not that many games not on PC that I want to play, but if I were to get one, it would be a PS4 because it has the most worthwhile exclusives.
Nintendo games haven't interested me since I was 14.
>>
>>381169440
A bird in the hand mostly. I got my switch at launch so i know i would have one once the games start rolling out
>>
>>381170487
Fuck off Sonynegro. I only bought two revisions and Sony should have put a 4k bluray player in it.
>>
>>381171116
the moment you bought a SECOND is the moment you became a shit eating retard.

Kill yourself senpai.
>>
File: 20170615_235421.jpg (453KB, 841x841px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_235421.jpg
453KB, 841x841px
>>381160830
I prefer Sony, but deep down I got no loyalty. If Nintendo released a console with shit that interests me, I'd bite. Same goes for Microsoft.

I've owned gaming computers, too.
>>
>>381171196
One S is my first one retard. The One X isn't even out yet. Stay SEETHING, you roach.
>>
>>381162219
Wow. It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>381161357
Same except I'm an idort who hasn't bothered buying any 8th gen consoles, because the majority of the good games are multiplat anyways and this e3 just confirmed that's not changing anytime soon
>>
>>381169440
ARMS just came out. Enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>381160830
>Nintendo
In all honesty, they've been the easiest games to emulate/pirate/homebrew, so as a lower-middle class kid in between my one or two games a year I would emulate what I could. My dad would come home when I was 9-10 with discs full of SNES and N64 roms, and as I grew up things like R4s and Flashcarts were a thing, and eventually the Wii and 3DS hacking scenes blew up.
I buy vidya that can't be pirated like PS4 exclusives and Switch games (I bought a Switch for the inevitable homebrew), but with so many 3DS, Wii U, Wii, GC, etc games at my disposal for F R E E is just too hard to ignore.
>>
>>381170301
The console-tans represent the devices themselves, not the userbase. The 4koma guys look more like the userbase
>>
>Xbox One
Honestly ive grown up with xbox and it's nice that i can play old xbox games (soon) and 360 games without having to emulate them or dust off my 360. Also i can trust that microsoft wont fucking shut off their online servers for 2 months.
>>
>>381162219
>vanilla skyrim
>a selling point

I can't wait for that streaming app to come,
though.
>>
I don't "stand by" any of them.

Being a life-long Nintendo fan, I think I'm actually most critical of them because I actually care and I think they can do so much better. Switch is a disappointment which I will begrudgingly buy because there's no way I'm passing up a game like Odyssey when I've been waiting nearly 2 decades to play an open world Mario again. I've never cared much for their hardware and I really think they should just focus on games and become a multiplat publisher.

I've owned every Playstation system and I don't really know why because there's usually only a couple games on each system that are worth playing, that can only be played there.

I play any game that I can on PC because it's so obviously better. If you want that console experience you can output to TV and use a wireless controller, same thing but with better graphics and a gigantic library

I think the kind of blind defensive fanboyism like you see on /v/ is really quite repulsive and I truly hate this place, along with my inability to stop coming here
>>
>owning only 1 console

KEK
>>
>>381160830
Not a console war fag but prefer Nintendo and PC. On the Switch I can get good games on the TV AND anywhere I go, and PC is for everything else. PS4 and Xbox One don't have enough games that interest me, but I respect the platforms
>>
>>381160830
>stand by your console
Already wrong
Idort master race
>>
I used to subscribe to Nintendo because they're the only ones who have both form and function.

But then they dropped resistive touchscreens and adopted capacitive.
>>
>>381175783
>wants Nintendo to go 3rd party

Lol, never EVER
>>
>>381174796
Dolphin on the go,monster hunter world on the go,4chan on the go
>>
File: 0.png (633KB, 1362x518px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
633KB, 1362x518px
>>381160830
I own a Gaming PC, a PS4, and a Nintendo Switch.

I use my PC for a majority of my games, but sometimes exclusives come out for the PS4 that are either console exclusive, or Sony Exclusive that I want. Microsoft doesn't have anything to offer except Halo to me, and I recently bought every game in the series before 4 for less than 30 dollars. I own an old Xbox 360, so I'm all set.

The Switch was something I bought because I know there'll be a few games on it that will be heralded as the great thing since water, and it starts off strong. It's got a lower price, and has games like Splatoon 2 coming out relatively soon, with others like Super Mario Oddysey following right behind it.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.