[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: _20170619_023929.jpg (33KB, 300x511px) Image search: [Google]
_20170619_023929.jpg
33KB, 300x511px
>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music
>>
File: 1481625549813.jpg (46KB, 382x588px) Image search: [Google]
1481625549813.jpg
46KB, 382x588px
>Shitty music
NOW you've crossed the line
>>
File: 1408445446671.jpg (53KB, 538x590px) Image search: [Google]
1408445446671.jpg
53KB, 538x590px
>>381157808
I liked it.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>381157808
br
>>
This is pasta. Unfortunately, it's 100% correct pasta
>>
>>381157808
>extremely large ass

You lost me there, Penelo is the ugliest girl Yoshida ever drew. Her outfit looks like a shitty pajama/swimsuit.

Also main issue was that Matsuno got fired right after getting forced by XIIs producers to insert Vaan and other shits to appeal a larger japanese demographic. Basch was supposed to be the MC, Vossler most likely wasn't going to become a traitor, etc.
>>
>>381158573
Most of the nitpicks are just them expecting generic JRPG story shit or not playing the international version.
>>
>>381157808
>zero levity outside of balthier and cid

Its funny that you complained so much about Vaan and Penelo when they added a lot of levity.
>>
>>381158712
I hate generic stories too but let's not kid ourselves here. The story in FFXII is coma inducing. Then inconsequential protagonist just compounds the issue.
>>
>>381157808
I want to tongue-fuck that extremely large ass.
>>
>>381158652
>Basch was supposed to be MC
Nope.
>>
File: C3f4_byWIAM9fKP.jpg (477KB, 1135x1600px) Image search: [Google]
C3f4_byWIAM9fKP.jpg
477KB, 1135x1600px
that steelbook art is nice. Kinda salty i wasn't able to secure one
>>
>>381158861
>Vaan is the protag meme
>>
>>381158929
He was though.

>Basch was initially meant to be the main character of the story, but the focus was eventually shifted to Vaan and Penelo when the two characters were created later in development.[6] The development team explained that their previous game, Vagrant Story, which featured a "strong man in his prime" as the protagonist had been unsuccessful and unpopular; the change regarding Final Fantasy XII from a "big and tough" protagonist to a more effeminate one was thus decided after targeting demographics were considered.[6]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Final_Fantasy_XII
>>
>>381159085
He was. Ashe was the main character. There is a difference
>>
>>381157918
>Dude what if we make the main character the group's bitch boi that has to run around town doing the shopping while the rest of the party are chilling out in the nearest bar
>>
>>381159130
>Vaan's early name was "Aqua" (アクア, as seen in Akihiko Yoshida's concept art) and intended to be an Iyashi kei character (癒し系, "therapeutic type", a kind of Japanese stock character). Vaan is known for going over several personality changes over the course of development, originally written as a rugged and world-worn character until the developers reconsidered the target demographic and Vaan was rewritten to be more effeminate. After Kouhei Takeda was cast as his voice, the developers rewrote Vaan to match the energetic personality his voice lent to the character.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vaan

So either wikipedia's wrong or the ff wiki is wrong.
>>
>>381157808
I want Penelo to sit on my face 2bh
>>
>>381157808
>Dude what if we made MMO gameplay, but took away the online part
>>
>>381157808
Is there a better pleb filter than XII?
It's honestly hilarious seeing FF casuals used to teenage melodramas and brain-dead gameplay getting mad at something they can't understand.
>>
>>381157808
I want to have sex with Penelo's butt.
>>
FF12 is shit. Only good thing is that the characters are really good in ffbe

Prove me wrong
>>
>>381159130
>>381159341
The wikipedia article makes it sound like Vaan stole Basch's role but the FF wiki says that Vaan was supposed to be an older person at first but they made him younger to cater to the market and to balance out the party.

The latter sounds more like what Matsuno would go for because he tends to have younger characters like Ramza and Denam to balance out the older folks like Lanselot and Orlandeau.
>>
File: PROOF.png (25KB, 327x163px) Image search: [Google]
PROOF.png
25KB, 327x163px
>>381159576
Wrong.
>>
>>381157808
The worst part is that they are trying to charge full price for the remaster. When FFX-X2 had two boring games.
>>
I love FFXII, it's truly an acquired taste but when you see how poorly directed XIII and XV were you can only be amazed of the huge amount of work behind XII, the characters are charming, areas are great, mature plot with interesting ideas, epic boss fights and a fucking huge load of sidequests.
Sure it could have been way better if Matsuno didn't get fired but it remains one of the best in the series.
>>
>>381159264
>main character doing errands for other people
So like every other JRPG in existence.
>>
>>381157808
you forgot
>Dude what if we make the characters stop moving for 1 second every time they take our or put away their weapons instead of always having them out in the field
>>
>>381157808
Yet it's still the best Final Fantasy by fa-
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
desu that's how it should be
>>
>>381160120
This grinds my fucking gears in every single game where it happens
>>
>>381159886
Not necessarily, see Ashley Riot and Giauque.
>>
I fukken loved all the marks and hunts though
>>
>>381157918
yeah, sorry friend OP. I'm willing to let your differing opinions slide until that last one

literally go fucking listen to the OST again with an open mind and don't let your opinion of it get dragged down by all the other controversial stuff in the game thank you god bless
>>
>>381157808
>>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street with no important qualities outside of an extremely large ass
Who?
>>
>>381160223
I also hate mentioning it and having some fag say "just play international and press the speed button"

That isn't a fix at all
>>
>>381160256
There's reason why I used the word "tends" and not, "always". He does use older characters from time to time, but he usually picks a younger mc to suit the market and to go with the traditional coming of age story.
>>
Why after all these yers people can't still wrap their heads around the fact that Vaan and Penelo are supposed to be the R2D2 and C3PO of the story (while at the same time complaining that the game is too much like Star Wars, because fuck coherence)?
>>
>>381160460
because in star wars the camera doesn't follow R2D2 around the entire time
>>
>>381160319
Larsa
>>
>>381160271
Same, i just wish the devs didn't try to funnel the game into a meme offline MMO. Would have been so much better with less empty fields and reskins of monsters
>>
>>381157808
It's still a masterpiece compared to everything that came after.
>>
>>381160607
>girl
>>
>>381160607
I want to touch Larsa's large ass.
>>
File: laughing_stand_users.webm (258KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_stand_users.webm
258KB, 640x360px
>>381160607
>>
File: 1492975477458.png (137KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1492975477458.png
137KB, 872x632px
>>381157808
>>Dude what if we had really shitty music
>>
>>381161024
If I take a bunch of shits and only one of them didn't feel bad, that still does not change the fact they are all shit.
>>
What classes are you going to put on everyone, keeping in mind that you can put 2 different ones on everyone?
>>
>>381161951
I'll do a canon run and a minmax run
>>
File: eeeeeeeee.webm (59KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeee.webm
59KB, 718x404px
>>381161951
I don't know and this worries me

the only reason I haven't played through Zodiac emulated yet is because every time I start I get paralyzed making choices for my character classes
>>
So true. If you remove Penelo, the story would still be 100% intact. She was completely inconsequential outsidd of the beginning.
>>
>>381162191
what are Ashe and Penelo's canon class?
>>
>>381162974
Penelo is the one who gets them to go to the sky town because she got kidnapped by the bangaa quartet. Larsa then saves her later on and it gives the team an additional link to him.
>>
>>381163058
hooker and jailb8
>>
I'm looking forward to playing it again.
>>
>>381157808
>>381158046

Brrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppp BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

S-Sorry Anon-kun!

> I-it's okay! I wanna smell it!

> Spreads Penelo's buttcheeks

> It's nice!

> Licks anus

> Sticks tongue in as deep as possible.

> Ok now I wanna smell and lick your soles, can on your back.

> Does that

> Licks Penelo's armpits

> Licks and kisses her face

> Goes back to smelling her anus

> Ok give me a footjob now.

> After footjob eat pussy

> Ashe its your turn, we do the same thing, except I want you to try to fart directly in my nose and as soon as gas comes out I'll lick your butthole.

> O-ok Anon...you're Prince after all..
>>
>>381157808
>>381158046
BRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>381165239
>>381165043
Literally fucking kill yourselves.
>>
>>381165904
> implying you didn't fap before replying.
>>
>>381165904
Sniff it anon
>>
>>381165043
>>381165239
God this meme sucks.
>>
>>381166494
I wasn't meme-ing. I literally fapped to the fantasy as I typed it.
>>
>the occuria speak in iambic pentameter
How the FUCK can anyone shit on the localization? It's the best part of the game.
>>
File: 34898745.gif (1MB, 450x188px) Image search: [Google]
34898745.gif
1MB, 450x188px
>People still buy final fantasy games

Why? Square Enix has proved time and time again that they have no idea how to design enjoyable games. They scramble around shitting out hamfisted and awkward gameplay systems that somehow get worse with each release. But hey the graphics are flashy, there's tons of marketing, and it's a popular series so that's good enough. Popular because it's popular.
>>
>>381166958
This is the last good FF.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.