[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-sc rolls-6-isnt-in-developm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-isnt-in-development/?utm_content=buffere6ac1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb
>>
Thankfully.
>>
>implying Zionmax will let the Toddler make Skyrim 2 when they can rerelease Skyrim another six times and keep making uninspired nostalgia-bait expacs for their shitty mmo
>>
>>381156865
why make TES6 when you keep buying TES5
>>
>>381156865
of course not

they're too busy trying to milk 6 year old games, cash in on fucking mods and other stupid shit
>>
>people unironically want todd to start making TES6 now so it can get the FO4 treatment and get released next year as an """"""""""rpg"""""""""""
I'd rather wait 20 more years than see it die like this.
>>
2018: Skyrim Switch Special Edition
2019: Skyrim Ultimate Special Edition
2020: Skyrim DLC
2021: Skyrim Expert Edition with new DLC
2022: Skyrim Switch Expert Edition
2023: Slyrim Starter Edition with no DLC
2024: Skyrim GOTD Edition
2025: Skyrim 2 (same map, weapons, armor, missions, slightly different story)

Repeat
>>
>>381157468
>keep re-releasing skyrim
>a six year old game
>a game that was a meme game with a meme audience that always goes to the next big release
>A game that has to compete with some of the best rpgs in recent memory being released

Why...

>monetizing mods for the six year old game
>a game with 12k mods on nexus
>a game with a splintered modding community
>a game where a large cult of people just mod it to be the most depraved H-game possible
>a game where a large cult of people download waifu mods that all about tastes
>A game where the rest of the modding scene are downloading 'fixes' to your fucking game and cool looking armor packs

Why.

>going for paid modding a second time despite failing horribly the first
>The failure being so bad that Gaben actually steps up to answer for it
>in a time where people are absolutely livid at modding tools being taken away (GTAV)
>in a time when your shitty game is over a half-decade old
>In a time where not even Nintendo milks OoT as much as you jerk off Skyrim.

WHY?

>Not developing ES6
>When there's a new console
>When people who wanted an rpg in FO4 were disappointed
>When you have years of feedback from skyrim to fix your fucking next release

WHY?!
>>
Concerning the bethesda creation club, how will they get people to buy toddcredits on pc for the creation club when the steam workshop and nexus still exist? I get that consoletards are basically locked into having to pay for mods but pc users arent, but creation club is being launched on pc too. they would have to shut down steam workshop and skyrim nexus to make any profit on the pc platform.
>>
>>381158356
Well when Steam mod workshop was trying to be moved to paid, Bethesda started contacting people with the most highly rated mods to secure a paid version. It was an easy way to spot the jewish of jews.

Midas Magic had a fucking free version with in-game advertisements and a paid version (like fucking $6 for his janky spells).
>>
>>381158356
it just works
>>
Gotta keep milking Skyrim and Fallout 4 I guess
>>
>>381158356
Even consoletards won't be locked since the regular Beth.net shit will still be up and running alongside the CC shit.
>>
>>381157793
>2023
>Slyrim

Please be a fantasy Sly Cooper game.
>>
>>381158356
According to trainwiz bethesda actually contributes their own resources and tools to it, and he's actually gotten musician and voice actors working on his projects.
>>
Todd already achieved perfection in the Elder Scrolls genre.

It's time for him to find new frontiers.
>>
>>381159565
>trainwiz has proper voice actors now
About fucking time
>>
>>381158356
> they would have to shut down steam workshop and skyrim nexus to make any profit on the pc platform
I'm entirely OK with this.
>>381160491
>trainwiz has voice actors for his meme mods now
Who fucking cares?
>>
>>381159486

I would play Slyrim
>>
File: 1465754558003.jpg (231KB, 624x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465754558003.jpg
231KB, 624x640px
>>381158064
I think you know why dreamboy
>>
>>381157468
I think it's worth noting that you could file a lawsuit against Bethesda for selling paid mods for Fallout 4 if you bought the season pass, as their advertising for the season pass pretty clearly stated that it includes ALL future DLC content for the game and you could easily make an argument that any and all paid mods count as 'future DLC' and should be given to all season pass owners for free on the grounds of it being false or misleading advertising and fraud otherwise.
>>
>>381161832
>meme mods
What does this even mean? Is it some new meme I don't know?
>>
>>381163603
Mad /tesg/ goers who think he just made only the thomas the train mod
>>
File: TDHD.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TDHD.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
WITNESS, BATHED IN MY HOLY COUNTENANCE
>>
"Not in development" is speaking-down. It's a matter of what stage of development it's being held at. Development of these kind of massive open world game series just never stops.

In this case, it's pretty clear they're not 'in development' because they haven't decided/finalized the engine yet. I can almost guarantee you there is engine-agnostic work ongoing.
>>
>>381156865
TES 6 will be announced in 2020 at E3 and will release in November of that year.
>>
>>381163735
I bet it's just Todd jealous that Trainwiz can make better content than Bethesda.
>>
>>381156865
Why would they make ES6? ESO is out and just got that big Morrowind update, and on top of that they've got like 9 versions of Skyrim on the market. We won't see a new Elder Scrolls mainline game for years.
>>
>>381164397
Yeah, I'm sure a few artists have done some concept art, maybe a few quest lines have been written out, but that's about it. They've got plenty of other shit to be focusing on.
>>
>>381158064
Because it just works.
>>
>>381165415
I'd be surprised if they didn't have some top-level asset work ongoing. If this game is going to be a leap forward from Skyrim, in terms of general graphical fidelity, it NEEDS to be a continuous process.
>>
>>381159275
>A mod
>with in-game advertisements
Video game industry crash when ?
>>
>>381166204
I pray for the day it happens still. I'm sick of meme games and dumbed down skinner box multiplayer.
>>
>>381157385
This, popularity kills franchises. Look at Valve, Bethesda is just the latest victim.
>>
What about Starfield
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.