[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>returning characters >only mgs game that lets you pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39KB, 450x518px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39KB, 450x518px
>returning characters
>only mgs game that lets you pilot REX
>100s of guns for you to play with
>had the best mgs multiplayer when the servers were up
>best final boss

Why does /v/ hate this game? MGS thread I guess
>>
Servers will be back up again soon via MGO2R on offical firmware
>>
more cutscene then game
>>
>more than half of the game is cutscenes
>about half of the actual gameplay is scripted vehicle sections or boring gimmicky sections
>boss fights are mediocre across the board
>huge emphasis on buying and upgrading weapons for absolutely no reason
>retcons almost everything we know up until that point
>akiba and meryl

I still enjoy the game for what it is, but it was a huge disappointment
>>
File: solud snack.jpg (5KB, 95x107px) Image search: [Google]
solud snack.jpg
5KB, 95x107px
>contradicted the ending of MGS2, tried to wrap up all loose ends to be the final MGS game
>cutscene to gameplay ratio skewed towards the former
>guns and level design don't encourage non-lethal play too well, especially in the latter half
>>
>>381142642
>>100s of guns for you to play with
Too bad you will use these certain really strong guns the whole time. No reason not to use the M4.
>>
>>381142642
kinda tempted to rebuy a ps3 just so i can relive this game along with the mgs collectors edition desu
>>
>>381143593
the game is already a movie. whats wrong with the scripted vehicle sections?
>>
>>381142642
Because only Chapter 1 had new gameplay.

Chapter 2 was Snake Eater, AGAIN.

Chapter 3 was Snake Easters shitty motorcycle ride AGAIN and a fucking Boss Fight.

Chapter 4 was Metal Gear Solid 1 AGAIN.

Chapter 5 was just Cutscenes.

That' s why. Fuck this game. Also, why do I need 100 guns to play with in a game that emphasises on sneaking?
>>
>>381144065
It's well worth it. MGS collection was my sole reason for getting a PS3
>>
>>381142642
>100s of guns for you to play with
Too bad the game is only 4 hours long.
>>
>>381143593
>>381143661
The balance of cutscenes and gameplay is messed up, but you both know that 4 has the longest average playthroughs out of 1-2-3-4 right?
>>
>>381144065
don't buy a ps3 dude. why bother when konami is going to do the same shit with the newer ps systems.
>>
>>381142642
Too many set pieces and cutscenes. I love MGS4, it has the best gameplay in the entire series, it's why MGO2 was fucking great. But it just doesn't let you play the game. There's so many interruptions, and the areas that you can wander freely in are small as fuck.
>>
>>381146767
MGSV has a better gameplay.
>>
>>381146970
MGSV had better controls. The level design is better in 4
>>
>>381142939
you're fucking lying.
>>
>>381142642
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Has the most solid gameplay mechanics in the series, yet it is not utilized in the slightest.
>>
>>381149362
Nope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz07LG6-zZY
>>
>>381149989
How do I make this possible? That piece of shit MGO3 makes me upset.
>>
>>381142939
>>381149989
Wait so you're saying if I own a PS3 and MGS4 I can play MGO again or do I have to do some bullshit to make it work?
>>
>>381150787
There's a tutorial for official firmware so there's a trick, but you don't have to jailbreak it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.