[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start playing this for the first time, I want to build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon'sDogmaDarkArisen.png (267KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon'sDogmaDarkArisen.png
267KB, 960x540px
About to start playing this for the first time, I want to build for a magick archer but curious if the min/max the guides recommend is worth it or if they're super bullshit.

I was thinking mage 1-10, ranger for a while then magick archer?
>>
The game isn't hard enough to require minmaxing, and most of your stats late game come from your gear anyway. Just play whatever class you find enjoyable.
>>
>>381139686
>guides for your first time
>minmaxing in a single player RPG

Just play the game. Your stats come primarily from gear, so minmaxing is entirely inconsequential as it'll add like an extra 5 to your 4000 attack at endgame with endgame gear. Switch between vocations whenever you want to try something new. just stop using damn guides for your first playthroughs
>>
>>381140246
This for every single game.
Stop relying on guides and start learning how to play by yourself, the only way to git gud
>>
>>381139686
Wolves hunt in pack Arisen.
>>
>>381140136
This. The normal game doesn't need min/maxing, and the DLC area weapons are so powerful it barely has an effect there. If it seems like you aren't dealing any damage to something, then you need to change what you're hitting it with (switch to physical/magic, use a different element) or where you're hitting it.
>>
>>381139686
Just play what you want until you get bored of that class at the end you will be powerful enough to kill anything in the game.
>>
File: 1412615549155.jpg (517KB, 1375x2134px) Image search: [Google]
1412615549155.jpg
517KB, 1375x2134px
>>381139686
here op
>>
DDO handles stats much better than DA. Each vocation levels independently of one another, allowing minmaxfags like myself play each class to their heart's content. If the numbers are that important to you, just download the mod that allows you to edit them. You really don't have to though, as everyone else has already said.
>>
File: 1497571140680.jpg (90KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
1497571140680.jpg
90KB, 540x537px
>>381139686
A backstory on the min/maxing displayed all over the internet.

Prior to the introduction of Dark Arisen, there was a lot of min/maxing put into place in order to maximize your potential against the online dragon found way later in the base game. People spend a lot of time on this and many guides created for it.

After Dark Arisen was added into the base game, the guides were updated, but failed to mention that min/maxing was made mostly pointless because as soon as you equip a few pieces of the Dark Arisen tier gear, you will absolutely destroy all the content without effort, regardless of your min/maxing efforts.

As a side note, min/maxing also vastly slows down enjoyment of the game since your spending so much time heading back to town to switch classes, being careful to not level the wrong class and such.

Don't believe any of the guides out there in regards to stat placement. Except, maybe, don't main the healer class. Pretty unnecessary and pointless.
>>
Yeah minmaxing became pointless once BBI hit.

If anything, you wouldn't want to minmax yourself, but your pawn. Even that is more based on gear and the skills you have set on them rather than it's stats.

Protip: Never equip the "Half damage while spellcasting" skill. It actually doubles the damage you take. There's a mod that fixes it, but since it's client side a person recruiting a pawn with the skill needs to have the mod for it to work.
>>
>>381142576
>Never equip the "Half damage while spellcasting" skill. It actually doubles the damage you take.

I'm going to perplexed if this isn't fixed by the time the PS4/XB1 version comes out. Is it really so hard to change what was clearly a typo in the damage calculation? Like, it's not even something like those debilitation augments that have a vague description, they obviously just entered "damage / 0.5" instead of "damage / 2.0" in the skill's coding.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.