[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked this up for 1$ plus tax. Did I do good /v/? >also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1954.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1954.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just picked this up for 1$ plus tax.
Did I do good /v/?
>also general tips and advice on playing these games
>humourous tales are also welcome
>>
Make sure you put as many points as you can into outdoorsman and traps
>>
File: 1497776546867.png (735KB, 844x633px) Image search: [Google]
1497776546867.png
735KB, 844x633px
>>381140124
Lol don't do that
>>
Remember that INT is a dump stat
>>
If you play with low INT you will literally be retarded and people will treat you like the retard you are
>>
>>381139508
Remember to max out your luck and put as little points as possible into agility.
>>
File: 1497796344643.jpg (198KB, 1062x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1497796344643.jpg
198KB, 1062x1062px
Anon, I said buy Fallout 3, not 3 Fallouts.
>>
>>381141172
But Todd, I own and have already played 3, NV and 4.

>Todd doesn't know NV was the best :^]
>>
In fallout 11 once you get to about level 8 or 9 dump any companions you have. As soon as the real bad guys show up super mutants your companions will literally be one shot every single turn.
>>
File: 1497826128942.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497826128942.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>381141408
The only 3 Fallout games you should buy are Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Fallout 4 VR.
>>
>>381141415
>tfw have 3 companions when I make my way to the military base
They uh, yeah they fucking died.
>>
>>381139508
kys redditor
>>
OP here. What skills should I pick, what character style will give me the most fun?
>>
>>381139508
>Fallout 2.
>Level 4.
>New Reno.
>First time playing
>Get to the Shark club
>Go upstairs
>meet a chick
>"wanna do some jet and fool around?"
>YES
>6 hours later in her room
>steal everything
>get out
>shit, there are guards in the next room and I only have a gun
>sneak: 25%
>Alright, let's do this
>try to sneak
>die
>do this five times
>finally sneak behind a guy, then behind a couch and finally get to stairs
>downstairs
>go to a room
>there's a woman
>"Hey, wanna fuck?"
>Alright
>6 hours later in her room
>She tells me code for a safe in her sleep
>steal everything
>get out
>guards are still in the next room and I only have a gun
>sneak is still 25%
>Alright, let's do this
>try to sneak
>die
>try to sneak
>die
>try to sneak
>die
>try to sneak
>die
>do this ten more times
>finally sneak infront of a guy, then behind a couch and finally get to stairs
>downstairs
>that was unprecedented
>>
>>381141975
I almost always play High INT, DEX and CHA for roleplaying.
But be sure to put a lot of points in Speech and your weapon choice.
>>
File: traps.png (348KB, 487x464px) Image search: [Google]
traps.png
348KB, 487x464px
>>381140124
>>
>>381139508
Be sure to patch that shit up.

>>381141975
Depends on which game you're playing. Starting with 1, put no points in Charisma as it is worthless. Either 9 or 10 in Agility, a decent INT, and whatever you want for everything else. Tag a weapon skill (pref small guns), Speech, and whatever else you want (pref lockpick.) Take the gifted trait. Don't take fast shot.
>>
>>381142958
>Don't take fast shot.
wew meme'd friendo.
>doesn't have high agility and fast shot while using smitty's upgraded plasma rifle
>>
>>381143175
Ya, I'll recommend fast shot to a new player so they can miss out on one of the key mechanics of the combat system
fuck off
>>
File: HELLLOOOOOoOOOOO.png (455KB, 537x717px) Image search: [Google]
HELLLOOOOOoOOOOO.png
455KB, 537x717px
>>381143975
>key mechanic
I guarantee you that he will use it probably AT MOST 10 times in his playthrough.
pic related is you
>>
>>381145384
Unless you have no luck/perception/agility, aimed shot are always useful (offensively and defensively) and worth the extra action point.
The extra AP from fast shot is nice for certain builds - but depending on what weapons you're using, it might not even give you an extra attack, in which case it's worthless.
fuck off and stop giving shit advice.
>>
>>381139508
You should read a guide on character building since you don't want to mess up right in the beginning.

Fallout has a bit of a slow start but gets really good once you're a few hours in when your character is past the point of sucking and you can start to kick ass.
>>
>>381146786
>fuck off and stop giving shit advice
>gives shit advice
>>
>>381140124
Lmao literally useless shit
>>
>>381141415
>tfw I managed to keep Ian alive throughout the whole game
Hell yeah
>>
>>381146786
You need an adequate luck/perception/agility like you said and you need a good amount of points in whatever weapon skill you're using to even bother hitting anything with aimed shots. In the beginning of the game, you're not gonna touching that "key mechanic" at all and a beginner who doesn't know what's going on, like OP, would have much better use with an extra action point.
>>
>>381141172
But Todd, these games, even tactics, are better than any shit you could ever make today
>>
>>381139508
Basic stuff:
-Avoid Outdoorsman, Explosives, Traps, or Gambling. All of those skills are worthless to mostly worthless. They don't have enough contexts to use them often enough to justify the expended skill points or they're just not all that useful. Outdoorsman is useful but the skill book is common and provides more than enough points to get where you want it.
-Stats are more important for gating perks than skills, for the most part. Agility is God. A detailed guide should be consulted for the rest.
-Perks only come once every three levels. Choose wisely.
Meta bits:
-The pinnacle weapons in 1 are an energy weapon and a big gun. The best way to get the most out of them is to not tag them at the start, but to get them up to 100 naturally and then tag them with a perk. This saves you skill points in the long run for other skills.
-In 2 the pinnacle weapons are a small gun and a big gun. Both use late game ammo (2mm EC and 4.73mm caseless, respectively) and the same trick applies with one caveat - it's possible to get small guns up to like 90 without spending a single point with skill books. I haven't found a single practical approach to gathering and using those books that wasn't a metagame-heavy mess so I don't recommend it. It's like using a checklist in New Vegas to hunt down skill books; it's just not that fun.
Murder Machine:
-In either 1 or 2, try to gear toward a perk called Sniper. It's late game. Level 18 or 24 respectively. You need 80 small guns or 80 energy weapons and high marks for Agility and Perception to unlock the perk. What it does is a roll against your luck stat such that if you have 10 luck you pretty much never miss and nearly always crit. Combined with Better Criticals and the right weapons, it makes it possible to nuke literally any enemy in the game in one attack. This perk can also make all other crit-related stuff like Finesse irrelevant by pushing the chance average to 95% with no drawbacks like Finesse has.
>>
>>381139508
>unarmed build
>throwing weapon (grenade) for big pack or minigun/burst weapon users
Don't forget bloody mess.
>>
>>381149264
Why no tactics story or multiplayer mods.
>>
>>381141415
>Fallout 11
are you a time traveler?
>>
>>381139508
>action packed
I kek'd
>>
>>381139508
>action packed
>not a trip to Detroit

Damn you OP, you got my hopes up there for nothing.
>>
Make sure you install them restoration patches for both 1&2.
Lots of content and missions, plus bug fixes and whatnots
>>
Make sure to save often and in different slots.
>>
>>381152158
>Make sure you install them restoration patches for both 1&2.
Get the fixes and resolution patches and stuff, but I'd personally advise against installing any restored content, at least the first time. Played it through that way once, never again. Those bits are just so much worse in terms of quality and completeness and just feel very disconnected. Vanilla forever.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.