[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK I bought the 1.5 + 2.5 kingdom hearts remix, never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: shitty.jpg (857KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shitty.jpg
857KB, 1920x1200px
OK I bought the 1.5 + 2.5 kingdom hearts remix, never played kingdom hearts before and currently on kingdom hearts 1

it sucks. it's utterly fucking atrocious
at the end the game just gives up and spawns like 1000 fucking waves of heartless that you have to defeat, and it's just the same 3 enemies (literally just 3 types) that you have to defeat over and over for the next fucking hour. It's absolutely disgusting that this got past any kind of QA, and it's even more disgusting they didn't remove this in any of the shitty "remixes" (note: community HD textures) that they had the audacity to charge for. The camera is god awful, there's absolutely no smooth movement to it and you can't see shit because it moves so fucking fast.

There's no checkpoints and you can't go back to your gummi ship, instead for levelling you just have the same 4-5 shitty fucking rooms that they literally just ripped from past levels. They made it obvious you need the aero upgrades to not die 100 times, but we can't even fucking get them now? Now before some cum-gurgling retard goes "BUT THEY WARNUD U XDDDD" that's no excuse to not less go back to the gummi ship, when we could in literally any fucking other part of the game including hollow bastion. And most of all THE ONLY FUCKING TIME WHERE WE NEED TO GO BACK

This game has countless problems that ruin enjoyment completely, yet it's recommended time and time again as a "good game". Is it because the mentally handicapped fanbase verbally and autistically assaults anyone who dares criticise it for the piece of smoldering shit that it is?
>>
>>381129136
Get good faggot
>>
File: 1lvzw2s3svrx.jpg (1MB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1lvzw2s3svrx.jpg
1MB, 1500x2250px
answer my question
>>
>>381129592
I unironically agree with the whole waves of 3 enemies in End of the World
I can't remember what they're called
the big ball fuckers alongside the Neo Shadows
I hated having to fight them for 3 minutes over and over, but in Critical Mode it helped because it was easier to grind for the final boss battle and then the secret bosses which were fun
I never bothered defeating Xemnas though
Neverland's boss was amazing with the Doom spell though
>>
>>381129592
The problem is that the game has become fucking unbearable to play. Yes you can beat the almost endless waves of heartless if you spam aero, but it's not fun. The previous boss was just a shitty reskin of ursula, and it's just so utterly boring. I just can't see why people enjoy this- I've spend a lot of time on this game now because I want to get to the other entries in the series, as I still have hopes that the other entries are good
>>
>>381129136
I just bought these games recently too. I, too, was baffled that people were recommending the first game. I had to force myself to play it, and after I was done, I was completely turned off from the rest of the series.

But I eventually tried CoM, which had its own set of problems but I found quite a bit more enjoyable. Then I moved on to KH2, and I think it's one of the best games I've ever played. Yet, I come here and see people insist KH1 is better and don't really see people with the same experience as me. Maybe you should give 2 a try. I feel like it fixed most of the problems of the first.
>>
will I miss anything if I just look up the ending and go to CoM?
>>
>>381130898
Yeah, you miss a decent amount of character building, and figuring out what some of the shit is. You'll have an okay understanding if you do com into kh2 though.
>>
>>381129987
so your complaints about the game are entirely about the ending? what about the rest of the game? At least complain about that. complaining about the end of the game being hard isnt much for complaints about the overall quality of the game.

also what? you can in fact go back. the point of no return is after one last save point
>>
>>381129136
faggot
>>
>>381131828
>you can in fact go back
they don't make it very clear that flying up from Chernabog takes you back

>complaining about the end of the game being hard
no, I said it's boring. Having to fight the same 3 enemies over and over is boring. It is repetitive and it is boring. The only reason why you die is because of like a 3 second frame where you didn't cast aero

Also, for the rest of the game:
>almost every room spawns hordes of heartless, and although you can skip them and question bubbles come up over examinable objects it's still easy to get lost as you try to rush from room to room to avoid them
>bosses have way too much HP, you just end up repeating the same actions over and over for like 10-20 minutes for most bosses
>some spells turn absolutely useless because of the casting time and MP use for the rest of the game, e.g. all attack spells
>the camera is absolutely terrible. Don't try to deny it, it's just awful
>the combat menu is frustrating to navigate. Is it really so hard to just pause or slow down the game while we try to select summons?
>>
>>381129136
The series doesn't get better trust me. You're better off just tossing the disc
>>
>>381129136
That segment is like your final challenge before the final boss, so yeah, it's pretty hard. Summon Tinker Bell and keep Goofy alive at all cost for that mp gift.

Gravity is your friend against the enemies there.

Anyway, KH1's combat suck balls, su just move onto KH2
>>
File: KH1 Stop+Gravity.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
KH1 Stop+Gravity.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>381129136
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA git gud you piece of shit
>>
>>381129856
>Neverland's boss was amazing with the Doom spell though
Thats the first time I've ever seen that opinion.
>>
File: Simba solos.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Simba solos.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>381133157
HAHAHAHAHAHA STOP BUTTON MASHING AND BLAMING THE GAME AND LEARN TO PLAY YOU CASUAL FUCK
>>
>>381133752
I don't have stopga, so this is really difficult
also with that health bar I can clearly see you're ridiculously overleveled
>>
>>381134208
Go get Stopga then you fucking imbecile
>>
>>381134208
That shit even works at lvl 1 retard
How do you have so many problems with a game for kids
>>
>>381133157
I always felt that bosses didn't have enough HP. If you think bosses have too much HP, you might be underleveled. The only exception to my opinion was the Ice Titan because its a stupid unfun boss that Squeenix purposely made unfun for random reasons.
>>
>>381134208
>I don't have stopga
You have Stop. The "ga" upgrade makes no difference in that webm, it's only a range upgrade and they're right next to the enemies
>also with that health bar I can clearly see you're ridiculously overleveled
That's like 10-12 MP you fucking casual idiot,and it's more than doable at Level 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZFds6kSINY
>>
>>381134562
oh right
I see now, thanks

>>381133981
is simba really that powerful? I didn't think it would 1 hit a group of enemies so I didn't bother due to the charging
>>
>>381135081
>I didn't bother
People who make threads shitting on games they suck at in a nutshell

Yes, Simba one shots everything (bosses not included) provided you have 10 MP and fully charge the Proud Roar.
>>
>>381135246
>provided you have 10 MP
I have 9. Will that still do?
>>
>>381134208
You don't need Stopga. All you really need is Gravity. Even though they have a gravity "resist" it's still by far the strongest offensive magic you can use against them since gravity does percetage based damage and all the lategame heartless have high base HP values.
>>
>>381136224
I tried it now, you're right

I take back everything I say about the combat (mostly). Stop and gravity are great spells and it's no longer frustrating, thanks

still though, the three "main" offensive spells are useless and the game still has some serious issues (some I mentioned)

anyways thanks
>>
>>381136224
Actually Stop does more damage when paired with Gravity because it's based on their health while frozen. Only plebs don't use it
>>
>>381137371
*Gravity does more damage when paired with Stop
>>
>>381137579
but how do you regenerate MP so fast? I know dealing damage = MP, but it's still too slow
also why does donald have so much MP and goofy so much HP in >>381133752
?
>>
>>381136495
>the three "main" offensive spells are useless
Thundaga is the best spell in the game against mobs.

>>381137859
Google MP Gift.
>>
File: dolan.jpg (291KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dolan.jpg
291KB, 1280x960px
>>381130152
People that say KH1 is better than 2 are blinded by nostalgia, but I do think it's better than op thinks (despite being very flawed).

>>381133157
>bosses have way too much HP
They don't, actually. If you are properly set up and use good strategies most bosses die in around 3 minutes without level grinding (this can be seen on speedruns where players are at a lower level than normal). Try using genie or, better yet, mushu, he will melt most bosses with damage storage.
>some spells turn absolutely useless
>e.g. all attack spells
Ridiculous. Spells are extremely powerful in KH1 if you have high MP and will wipe out waves of enemies with ease.
>the combat menu is frustrating to navigate
I supose, but it isn't really a flaw, if you learn to navigate it quickly it becomes a non issue.
>just pause or slow down the game
The whole point is that you have to learn to navigate a menu while in combat, which is a unique skill that separates decent and great players.
Your other critics are pretty valid though, KH1 is full of flaws and doesn't make the slighest effort to teach the player how to fight properly.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.