[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally playing Ori for the first time since the sequel got announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
Finally playing Ori for the first time since the sequel got announced and I'm really enjoying it. What'd you guys think of it?
>>
8/10
>>
pretty good, focused more on straight up platforming than exploration but that's fine
lack of actual boss fights is gay
>>
>>381117347
5/7
>>
File: Sea of Thieves.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sea of Thieves.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>381117347
>bad
Too short, too linear, combats are shit
>good
music, graphics, gameplay
>>
File: 2017-06-15_00-01-25.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15_00-01-25.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>381117347
I started playing it, too. It's such a pretty game.
>>
>>381117347
Masterpiece.
>>
>>381117347
10/10
One of my favorite games of all time, and definitely my favorite metrovania. Honestly prefer the very well done escape sequences to boss fights.
>>
one of the comfiest games
>>
better looking than playing/10

the combat was godawful, but the platforming felt good. too bad you repeated the same "boss" (escape sequence) multiple times. story was whocares/10 like most games, visually was nice

the reception it got was total bullshit though. people too young to have played old Castlevania and Metroid shouldn't be talking with authority on what makes a game in the genre good.
>>
>>381117347
I got it from the sale last week after seeing the sequel announced. While I didn't like what they did with some parts of the story, I really really liked it overall. The artwork was beautiful, the gameplay was tight and rewarding, and the music was outstanding. Can't wait for Will of the Wisps.
>>
Great game, one of the very few ones I managed to complete and enjoy. Unfortunately the metroidvania element is not very deep, but still immensely enjoyable. The story is simple and sweet and the music is amazing.
>>
>>381118898
I like how the water looks
>>
>>381117347
Great visuals, but as a Metroidvania it's low tier.
It could just have linear levels and next to nothing would change. You never need to understand how everything in the world connects like in a good Metroidvania.
Also, some of the later powerups are so powerful they make earlier (more fun to use) ones obsolete, and the skill tree is an awful idea.
>>
Too much platform puzzles challenge emphasis and not enough action platforming. The ability system works better for action platforming. Needed more action.
>>
FUCK that shit tree, one of this days I'll download it again and continue it
>>
File: hdgf.jpg (23KB, 342x197px) Image search: [Google]
hdgf.jpg
23KB, 342x197px
>>381117347
I think it's a fun platformer with very good pacing and excellent presentation

I also think I like it way too much, if that's even possible
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.