[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you think the 3DS has left? What games do you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png (1MB, 1200x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png
1MB, 1200x1088px
How long do you think the 3DS has left?

What games do you want on it before they stop developing for it?
>>
It has a good catalogue of games, there is little more one can ask.
Maybe a Prime Hunters 3D? couple more First person games, would be nice to have a more complete game list but thats about it.

2019. It either dies or gets some pseudo succesor
>>
>>381108760
It'll straddle along for a few more years. If Switch takes off then it'll be the new "handheld", if not then 4DSBoy will get announced.
>>
TWEWY sequel
>>
>>381108760
It definitely at the very least has a full another year of life in it considering it has games listed coming for it all the way to first half of 2018.
I suspect we'll also get DQ11 localization announcement later down the line.
And if you care about fantranslations, Dai Gyakuten Saiban (Great Ace Attorney) and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Pro are coming as well.
>>
>>381108760
The OG 3DS is so fucking shitty, glossy, shitty display, shitty build quality, the 3NDS tops it on all sides.
>>
>>381108760
Persona Q 2 will probably happen before it dies.
>>
>>381108760
Late 2018 or Early 2019.
About as long as it will take Nintendo to release a smaller, more affordable version of the switch
>>
>>381108760
Nintendo said they'll continue support past 2018
>>
I bought a 3ds two years ago with the expectation that it wasn't getting any new games (maybe just a couple), but I was ok with that since the library was already pretty good. I'm kinda surprised they're still supporting it but I'm not complaining.
>>
>>381112072
Nintendo also said that the Switch wasn't going to replace the Wii U and look what happened.
>>
>>381108760
2 years until production ends. I said the same thing 2 years ago.
>>
>>381112189

They said the same about Game boy/DS
>>
>>381108760
It will finally die around 2019 when Switch gets a redesign and starts taking off for real
>>
Is it possible to hack 3ds games? i was thinking about picking it up but i dont want to pay for games
>>
Nintendo handhelds are eternal
>>
At least to the end of 2018, maybe into 2019. Morons think they should stop now because of the Switch, but still haven't realized the Switch isn't a fucking replacement.
>>
I'm hoping for a sequel to TWEWY and maybe another Shin Megami Tensei game that isn't a remake.
>>
File: Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg (116KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg
116KB, 1200x800px
>>381112407
This was technically true since new GBA games continued to be produced through the first three years of DS availability and there was even a hardware revision released post-DS
>>
As long as it proves profitable, Nintendo will support it.
>>
>>381112737
No, it's locked down. Get a Vita if you want to hack something because the 3DS is hack-proof.
>>
>>381113468

lol it gets hacked constantly
>>
>>381113068

But at the end the DS wasn't a third console, it just ended up replacing the Game Boy
>>
Considering that a New Nintendo 2DS XL is coming out next month, I'm sure Nintendo's ready to keep pushing more 3DS titles. I just don't know if we can expect more New 3DS games.
>>
>>381108997
fpbp

Nintendo already confirmed it's going to support the 3DS in 2018, so they'll probably retire it the year after. Quite frankly, I'm impressed as fuck they're releasing so many good games on it after it's been on the market for so long
>>
>>381113803

Do you think they'll keep the eshop online?
>>
>>381113521
Eh, the overlap was significant enough to cover their asses and make it "technically true".

Compare it to the N64 which couldn't get discontinued fast enough the minute the Gamecube showed up
>>
>>381114035

I think that it was most about that Nintendo wasn't sure about DS success, and they didn't want to ruin the GB brand
>>
>>381110468
>DQMJ3 tl
Oh, that's good. Fuck Nintendo for not releasing these.
>>
>>381108760
considering no mortal being in this universe can obtain a Nintendo Switch, and the Wii U is discontinued, their handhelds are the only no criminal, by the books venue of income for Nintendo at the moment, or for a good year or so, because that is how long it will take to get new Switches into production again.

it will stay for a long time forward.
>>
>>381114620

You can get a switch in my country, really expensive thought
>>
>>381108997
Game Freak announced at E3 they're making a mainline Pokemon RPG for the Switch so I'd guess it's supposed to be the successor.
>>
who here was /surprisedasfuck/ when they announced 3ds games at E3?
>>
>>381115229
>literally reduced functionality
Etrian Odyssey is dead, and so is my interest in Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>381115229
>in a year
>with delays
on top of Switches being physically impossible to purchase.

the Switch is dead, jim.
>>
>>381115494
me because the dummies decided to not do it at their presentation for some stupid reason
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.