[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This and Link's Awakening are pretty much the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

This and Link's Awakening are pretty much the only good Zelda games
>>
You mean that and Breath of the Wild.
>>
No
The majority of them are good. There's a reason the series is still popular. And no, it's not just nostalgia that's keeping it afloat
>>
File: what did he mean by that.png (902KB, 943x695px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by that.png
902KB, 943x695px
>>381105232
LA and LoZ are quite different from one another, and there are plenty of other good Zelda games depending on preference and taste. LoZ and LA are both in my top five (I also enjoy BotW, TP, and ST, though ALttP edges out over that last one) but that depends on the sort of things that each individual player prefers. The Zelda series is wonderful in that each game tends to provide a novel or switched-up experience. I've met people who prefer SS to OoT because they find the wiimote 1:1 controls more engaging or other reasons, and others who prefer OoT to SS due to their preference in dungeon design and characters.
Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>381105232
Replace "only good" with "best" and I'd agree with you. All of the other Zelda games are good, just not as good.
>>
>>381105232
Says you.

>>381105365
Barely a Zelda game.
>>
>>381106096
Better than the linear garbage each subsequent Zelda has been.
>>
Only ones I wasnt big on were WW and SS.

WW because its dungeon design is mostly abysmal, alongside travelling between locations getting boring after a while
SS because its insultingly hand-holdy, very linear even by 3D Zelda standards, and overall feels like it misses the point of the franchise.
>>
>>381106096
>Barely a Zelda game.

Breath of the Wild is the closest a 3D zelda game has gotten to being like the original. What the hell are you smoking?
>>
File: 1085127302164.jpg (138KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1085127302164.jpg
138KB, 250x250px
>forgetting the best game
>>
How is Link's Awakening good outside of the dungeons? It's a painful obstacle course you have to repeat dozens of times juggling with the limited controls and in a completely linear fashion. In fact it was the first wholly linear and hand-holdy Zelda, wasn't it? What with the owl and shit.

Yeah no, fuck that game.
>>
>>381106779
Fisherman and Doghouse glitch
Graphics are nice
Dungeons are really good
Mario enemies
Feather
Overworld isn't bad at all
it's just fun yo
>>
>>381106779

/v/ likes to be contrarian to the max, so when picking a "best" Zelda game, they ask;
>Most people like 3D Zeldas? Then the best one has to be a 2D Zelda.
>Most people's favorite 2D Zelda is LttP? Has to be something other than that.

From there, you have people who think new games are trash, so they give the title to LA, or people who think old games are for nostalgiafags, so they give it to MC.
>>
I like classic Zelda, but I still think Zelda II is by far the best game with the word "Zelda" in its game.
>>
>>381107079
Sure, the dungeons are great and those other things you said are okay, but the Overworld is an horrendous one-way labyrinth, made much worse by the fact you have to equip and unequip shit all the time, and the warp system is awful. A case where the limitations of the hardware were just too damning in my opinion.

In fact I'm gonna be bold and say I don't think the game would be that beloved is the nature of Koholint Island and the ending weren't so ingenious. Sorry, but I didn't have much fun with it, I'd rather play 1 or ALttP.
>>
>>381107079
The Oracle games had the feather too, and they also had better dungeons, and a more interesting overworld.
>>
>>381108243
I could never get into Oracle for some reason
>>
>>381110048
why not
>>
>>381105232
Meh. I think the exploration in The Legend of Zelda is impressively good and would love to try something like it in the future, but the dungeons don't really grab me, and the way the high difficulty mixes with the continue system makes for a large amount of tedium.
>>
I will never understand this 'LA is better than the oracle games' meme
>>
>>381105232
I disagree but they're definitely two of the best
>>
>>381106604
>Breath of the Wild is the closest a 3D zelda game has gotten to being like the original.
Maybe, but people overstate their similarities. BotW isn't all that similar to the original game either.
>>
>>381105232
*The only good 2D Zelda games.
>>
>>381105232
As much as people like to say that Zelda is the game of the generation, it's still very far behind the quality of Bloodborne and its design. Not trying to shit on Zelda, but Bloodborne has the better combat, better atmosphere, better story, better bosses, better enemy variations and better world design.

It's worth buying a PS4 only for that game.
>>
>>381115187
This is pasta
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.