[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a shame it took a rerelease for it but it's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 329x153px
It's a shame it took a rerelease for it but it's the best of the souls series objectively and you know it. Go ahead contrarians, try and find a real reason it's not
>>
(you)
>>
SotFS on Steam sale when???
>>
Where do you go after killing the giant and the pursuer
>>
>>381098301
Past where the pursuer is next to the tree thing, there are some stairs. You can see a nest there, a prompt should appear, press x and wait.
>>
Out of all the memes spouted about this game, "SotFS fixes everything" has to be the worst.
>>
>>381098738
Especially since the first one was already so great.
>majority of bosses had a unique or memorable mechanic
>mixture of levels that encouraged bravely running forward and cautiously stepping along
>all weapons are viable
>introduces new spell types
>best for fashion souls
>memorable NPC's that grows alongside you
>a hard mode right from the start for the true masochist
>maiden that actually has story importance
>built upon the old lore without downright retreading it
>made enemies have the same advantages as players for better gameplay
>fixed backstabs and parries
>>
>>381098301

You have several options:

>Buy the fragrant branch of yore from Melentia and cure the petrified woman in the ruins near Majula
>Buy the cat ring and jump down the hole
>Go to Heide's Tower of Flame for another boost of souls and the alternate way into the next major area (this also opens the third major map branch of the game up to you)
>Go past where you fought the pursuer and examine the bird nest for the "proper" way into the next major area
>>
>>381098210
It's in the next humble monthly. Just buy humble monthly instead for $12 to get SOTFS + several other games.
>>
>>381099164
>hard mode

Company of Champions is literally easier than base game because of how it changes enemy behavior to be retarded level aggressive.
>>
>>381099360
I remember skipping forest of giants my first time playing and only going back when I came here to discuss it.
>>
>>381099456
I don't see how that makes it easier. Also, I'm sure the decreased damage output and increased damage input as well as not having the ability to summon was an advantage.
>>
>>381096001
No. Look at literally any DS2 archive if you want to be blasted with innumerable reasons why. I'm not going to humor you, and I'm leaving this thread now.
>>
>>381096001
>best
Here (You) go!
>>
>>381099554
>I don't see how that makes it easier

Then you clearly haven't played the game.

Company of Champions causes the enemies to almost never do the delayed version of their strong attacks, reduces their turning radius by about 30% (test it on the Old Knights), and causes them to initiate attacks even if they're too far away to hit you.

It also completely removes their ability to do their dodges (hollow knights have a massive jump away that they refuse to use if you're in CoC for example).
>>
>>381099724
This is bullshit. I played in CoC for my second run and the enemies had all the same moves. All it does is make them hit harder and you less so.
>>
>Bosses still almost all suck. Note that I do not mean bosses are easy, I mean that they have boring and uninspired design. be it big dude in armor with generic three it combo, old iron "stand there in waist deep lava and swing my fists around" king,
>Ditto to regular ass mobs
>Story crosses the line from intriguing mystery to total incoherent mess
>World design still stupid, no interconnection, Still has stupid earthen peak/old iron king bullshit
>perhaps most unforgivably the exceedingly stupid, the highly linear level design.

I'm willing to grant dsII powerstancing, majula being stupid levels of comfy, good fashion souls, and some solid DLCs. That's enough to be good for some people, and that's ok, but for me the loss of the originals level/world design ethic and art direction killed it.
>>
Objectively the best for people with shitty tastes. I bet you also think McDonalds is the best restaurant out there.
>>
>>381096001

Miracles went from OP to completely useless after the nerf. Pure holy build is masochism.
>>
>>381096001
it has some amazing fucking ideas...and i cant fathom how does ideas didnt make it in 3. it's honestly fucking unfathomable

>no covenant of the champion, for people who want a bigger challenge
>no bonfire ascetics in a game with some of the best bosses in the series
>many, many, VERY FUCKING MANY armor sets are missing
>heavy armors are the heaviest they ever were, basically making them unusable unless you go 50 in vit (havel's greatshield in 3 is fucking 29 weight. TWENTY FUCKING NINE)
>estus is instant and incredibly hard to punish

dark souls 3 could have been a much better game if the devs found the fucking common sense to look at what the predecessor innovated
>>
i love sotfs so much
>>
>>381096001
It's alright but it kind of sucks dick. After the ruin sentinels the bosses become pathetically easy until the DLC. The game shits so many souls at you that everything turns to mincemeat really quickly.
>>
>>381096001

the worst Souls game

>worst level design
>worst art design
>worst animations
>worst bosses, 80% of them are utter trash
>worst enemies variety
>worst hitboxes

an okayish game, a very shitty Souls game
>>
>>381096001
I agree that dark souls 2 is the best, story and pvp were the best.

And the atmospheric nature of it all, I don't agree that dark souls 1 is the best when it's literally inferior in many aspects other than having nostalgia goggles and saying that's it's a harder than the most games.

Doesn't really make sense to say that considering you're already familiar with the game and know how to play it already if you played the first one.

Dark souls 3 fell flat imo but I'll have to see how it ages in the future, it honestly felt like it borrowed too much from the first game like how twilight princess borrowed too much from ocarina of time.

But with all that said, I personally think bloodborne is the best, then dark souls 2 sotfs reaching second.

I await a pc port.
>>
>>381099360
I'm on my fifth playthrough of it, it's got a ton of options like you mentioned after the first two areas that people like to ignore and say that ds1 is the most open (spoilers: it's not). This playthrough for me was
>heides tower of flame
>dragon rider to wharf
>lost bastille
>sinner (it was real weird seeing pursuer everywhere without ever seeing him yet)
>forest
>shaded woods
Ect ect. I did spider before doing lavaman, also doing hex build (ds2 most diverse builds possible and best weapons/armor/combar)
>>
>>381096001
ADP
D
P
>>
DaS2 has bone fist. Automatically best Souls.
>>
File: pasha.png (141KB, 478x534px) Image search: [Google]
pasha.png
141KB, 478x534px
>tfw not dumb enough to buy a release of a mediocre game
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.