[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

Let's talk about The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild. I don't think it really deserves a 97 and here's why

>extremely limited enemy variety. there are bokoblins, moblins, lizalfos, lynels, chuchus, octorocs, guardians, flying robes, plebbits, hinox, yinga. they come in different elemental variants but that's about it. for a game of that size having enemy types you can count on two hands is disappointing.

>the story is 1980 tier. here is your hero who saves the world. most characters are as flat as paper and especially zelda and ganon are not developed at all.

>the game has some comfy music, but it is not memorable. i don't go on youtube and search for botw music because it is not interesting enough.

>shrines. there are 120 shrines, but only 30 or so are interesting. 30 shrines are opened through extremely simple puzzles, 30 shrines are a test of strength (repetitive as hell) and 30 shrines are just plain shit you can solve in under 2 minutes. the main dungeons are repetitive as hell

>wildlife is underdeveloped: some animals attack you but it never becomes a real fight

>combat mechanics are absolutely awful and allow for overpowered combos. they are also way too easy and simple coming from games like dark souls 3 and bloodborne i was immensly dissapointed

>framerate issues in the most beautiful area of the game: korok forest and lost woods

>weapon breakage is an extremely poor design choice

I would give this game a 75-82 but never ever does it deserve a 97. What is wrong with gaming journalism?
>>
Why the fuck do you keep posting this same thread every day?
>>
>>381093140

Chuchu (plain, fire, ice, electric)
Keese (plain, swarm, fire, ice, electric)
Octorok (blue, green, rock, mimic)
Pebblit (regular, fire, ice)
Bokoblin (red, blue, black, silver, stal) - Weapon Variable
Moblin (red, blue, black, silver, stal) - Weapon Variable
Lizalfos (green, blue, black, silver, fire, ice, electric, stal) - Weapon Variable
Wizzrobe (fire, ice, lightning) - Weapon Variable
Yiga Footsoldier (melee, bow) - Weapon Variable
Yiga Blademaster (normal, guard)
Lynel (red, blue, black, silver) - Weapon Variable
Hinox (red, blue, black, stal)
Guardian (normal, broken, turret)
Guardian Skywatcher (normal)
Guardian Scout (I, II, III) - Weapon Variable
Talus (stone, igneo, frost)
Molduga (normal)
Malice (eyeball, eyeball + mouth)
Cursed (boko, moblin, lizalfos)
Dragon (fire, ice, electric)
>>
>>381093140
200 hours in the game, 95/100 seems about accurate.
>>
>>381093140
>hurr that's a small amount
>implying that's bad
>hurr whether a memorable or background music is better is not questionable, memorable is always better
>hurr variety in requirements and the level of difficulty or complexity is bad, every single shine should be 5 hours long labyrinth with a million different puzzles. I won't think them all up, you do that
>false
>you know, that's just, like, uhmm... your opinion, man
>ehh true, but come on, world is big, and awesome and full of stuff, jesus christ, fuck off, small framerate drop is not a reason to complain
>it's fucking awesome, it makes you try different weapons, you fucktard
>>
>>381093140
its overrated for sure imo
Alundra>>>alttp>ocarina>>breath of the wild>majors>Okami>twilight=wind waker>darksiders and so on
>>
yeah it's probably 91 ovr
>>
>>381093253
Either it's 1 salty, yet right, faggot

Troll who lives a shit life

Or it's some LARPing Nintendo-faggot looking for ebin arguments for future debates.
>>
>it's the a game has some minor flaws therefore it's shit

You never liked any game in the world, did you. Because, correct me if I'm wrong, there hasn't been a single game without flaws to date
>>
>>381094281
>*episode
>>
>>381093140
Sounds like the mobile game it essentially is
>>
Why do people force themselves to dislike this game?
>>
>>381093140
Boring af imo after 20 hours.
Enemies are dull, weapons are dull, melee combat is plain, etc.
Interaction is 11/10, best I've ever seen in a game.
I ended up doing what I do in GTA games though, and just fucking around for small bursts fucking shit up because the divine beasts, shrines, and actually doing anything related to progression is a chore.
>>
File: 1494743198674.jpg (9KB, 284x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494743198674.jpg
9KB, 284x300px
>>381093140

>0 days since BOTW crying thread.jiff
>>
>>381093140
Wasn't going to buy this, then I got a new job. Bought a switch and BotW 2 days ago, having the time of my life. It's nice to have a gaming PC and the switch, except for Sony exclusives I can play pretty much anything. Still learning all the cool mechanics, yesterday I couldn't climb one of the map towers because it had thorns all around it and my stamina was still at base level. I went mining with an iron hammer below it, and the hammer hit a piece of Flint that dropped, lit a thorn bush on fire, and it traveled all the way up and opened the path. Just felt like one of those organic moments that really good games have.
>>
I'm convinced it's the same guy making these threads each day.
Also the game is a 8/10 at best since it has forced wagglan.
>>
>>381094837
Because they want to pretend like Nintendo isn't making a comeback right now
>>
>It's another "Zelda BOTW is overrated".
>This person will go and complain Nintenbros in /v/

Why can't we call you sonybro?
>>
>>381093140
>>weapon breakage is an extremely poor design choice
it's actually brilliant
>>
>>381095354
>forced wagglan
where?
>>
>>381095249

It's logical, since the critical acclaim it got stems wholly out of fanboyism and isn't based on any actual arguments. Many people got the game after hearing how 'great' it is and were severely dissapointed.

Ofcourse you're going to get threads like this.
>>
>>381095646
This shrine I hit last night. I gotta waggle around the gamepad like I have Parkinson's to get three balls into a spot despite having sensitivity aiming off.
>>
>he makes the same thread every day in hopes of changing the metacritic score or preventing the game from being an instant classic
I would hate to be this autistic, keep crying OP
>>
>>381095765
Hahahahhahahahahah kill yourself, fucking loser, Zelda is not a bad game no matter how much you shipost.
>>
File: 1482257015335.jpg (93KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482257015335.jpg
93KB, 600x800px
if we remove the 6/10 score. I twould raise it back to 98, maybe even 99. Not kidding.
How do we do it?
>>
>>381095537

It is true that the majority of /v/ has become Nintendobabbies. Not saying fanboys of any variety are good, but the dicksucking when it comes to Nintendo is a bit too much for me.
>>
>>381095970
We investigate Slate and ask Metacritic to remove the score.
>>
>>381096084
Ok let's start
>>
>>381095941

>giving opinions is shitposting
>your shitpost is ironically not considered shitposting
Are we in bizarro /v/ today?

Also I never said it was bad, it's just overrated. One of the most overrated games of the decade probably. It's still like a 7 or maybe an 8 if you're pushing it. Interacting with the world is fun, but it's not enough to make the game amazing.
>>
>>381095805
oh these things
loved these IRL as a kid but yeah the controls are kinda ass
thankfully they aren't too complex
>>
>>381093140
>extremely limited enemy variety. there are bokoblins, moblins, lizalfos, lynels, chuchus, octorocs, guardians, flying robes, plebbits, hinox, yinga. they come in different elemental variants but that's about it. for a game of that size having enemy types you can count on two hands is disappointing.

Agree

>the story is 1980 tier. here is your hero who saves the world. most characters are as flat as paper and especially zelda and ganon are not developed at all.

Agree

>the game has some comfy music, but it is not memorable. i don't go on youtube and search for botw music because it is not interesting enough.

Disagree

>shrines. there are 120 shrines, but only 30 or so are interesting. 30 shrines are opened through extremely simple puzzles, 30 shrines are a test of strength (repetitive as hell) and 30 shrines are just plain shit you can solve in under 2 minutes. the main dungeons are repetitive as hell

Disagree

>wildlife is underdeveloped: some animals attack you but it never becomes a real fight

Agree

>combat mechanics are absolutely awful and allow for overpowered combos. they are also way too easy and simple coming from games like dark souls 3 and bloodborne i was immensly dissapointed

Disagree, also feel compelled to note that BOTW is not a Souls game. Also without upgraded armor you die in one hit to the later game enemies.

>framerate issues in the most beautiful area of the game: korok forest and lost woods

Agree which is why it needs a PC version.

>weapon breakage is an extremely poor design choice

Disagree, although I do wish that plot items such as the champion weapons and the master sword did not degrade.
>>
>>381096271
>overrated
Irrelevant, only brainlets, teenagers and contrarians care about how a game is compared to its reception, go be a hipster somewhere else.
>>
>>381093140
> What is wrong with gaming journalism?

can't afford to have their names on the blacklist

gaming journalism sustains itself by having viewers
>>
>>381096485

I care because I wasted time and money on it and kept wondering if I was missing something.
Luckily I could still return it.
>>
>>381096294
Too bad they make no sense. Tilt the pad left and the balls remain in place. Level it out and they start going all over the place.
>>
>>381096624
Stop posting and making shit up, you have no reason to be ITT, you never played the game, owned it or anything at all, it's always some faggot making these vague statements about the game or saying stupid shit like "Zelda is a bad game because too many people liked it"
>>
>>381093140
The same pasta again, someone's really assblasted by Zelda.
>>
>>381095765
>stems wholly out of fanboyism and isn't based on any actual arguments

How about having a large, pretty open world where you can go anywhere from the get go, a bunch of different mechanics interacting with each other, a fuckton of durable weapons (which is good because forces you to try different weapons and plan on which weapon use now and which save for later), fun monsters roaming the world, a whole lot of unique events and people to meet (for example the famous NPC who tries to talk you out of suicide on a bridge), various side activities and great gameplay?

Yet anti-BotW faggots will mumble something about
>muh framerate dropping insignificantly in some place
>muh graphics
>mug shrines

Jesus fuck stop humiliating yourself. No one has ever said that BotW is perfect. It's just fucking awesome
>>
>>381095262
Well shilled.
>>
>>381097192
Why don't you just leave the thread? Nobody is trying to make you like this game.
>>
>>381094837
Because they think it makes them look thoughtful without having to put in the real work that goes along with it.
>>
>>381097302
Because he needs to combat his inferiority complex and validate himself by acting contrarian. That's literally the entire /v/, only different parts of /v/ do that on different games

Even I did that once or twice
>>
>>381093140
>Posting a whole paragraph about why you don't like a game.

No one cares, OP. Zelda is goty for many people.
>>
>>381097302
>>381097592
What are you even talking about? First time I posted on this thread.

I just can't stand shilling.
>>
File: Golden Husbando.jpg (3MB, 4320x2430px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Husbando.jpg
3MB, 4320x2430px
Everyone with a brain knows that BotW is worse than Majora's Mask, it's just that fanboys and kiddies are catching up to the realization. BotW's best aspects are the male characters and its (mostly shrine/korok-filled) world.
>>
>>381097704
Not everyone that likes someone is a shill you dumb neckbeard contrarian, being above imaginary marketing teams is not a hobby, get a real one.
>>
>>381093140
You forgot how pointless the health and food was.
It made enemies do entire health bars worth of damage just because you can carry an extra 10 or so just because.
>>
>>381097814
Why are you so angry? Can't just post like a normal human being instead of "OMG orgasmed with this console I brought for my wife's son" like a nigger?

Seriously, calm down.
>>
>>381097704
That other anon's post wasn't shilling. He described his experience with a video game in a thread that is solely about that exact game.

Is everything positive that anyone ever says in any possible context or situation in life shilling for you?

You must have a sad life.

Also
>shilling
>well past the sale time prime

It's not shilling after a month passes since the release of an AAA game. AAAs literally only sell within a week from release, any copy cold after that is just a few little bucks more that the devs don't give a shit about
>>
>>381098082
*sold, not cold
>>
File: jotaro.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
jotaro.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
>>381097650
standard reddit response
you have to go back
>>
>>381098024
>acts like a paranoid retard
>gets called out as acting like a paranoid retard
>hurr why u so mad? Stop saying that you like things xD
I just hate stupidity and mental gymnastics as much as you hate "shilling"
>>
>>381098024
You post like a teenager so why would he post like a nornal person? Try to use no (0) memes when you post so people take you more seriously
>>
File: eat tubes.png (98KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
eat tubes.png
98KB, 600x671px
>>381093140

This conversation is getting stale already. Obviously you don't value the same things as other people when playing a game.

The game has a focus on interaction, experimentation and navigation through a fantastic land, meeting fun characters and getting stronger.

Everything you list is either a nitpick, a non-issue or a straight up lie for what the game aims to be.

I suggest you stop beating the dead horse of a shitpost you're trying to push.
>>
>>381098386
>>381098424
>Analblasted Nintenkids
Okay boyos, get arond with your BotW: Special Edition while fingering yourselves thinking about Nintendo.

You're just not worth my time anymore.
>>
The more shitpost copypastas are used against a game the better the game is

See: Bloodborne, TW3, and now BOTW
>>
>>381096271
giving opinions is one thing, spamming the same thread over and over where you autistically shout your autistical opinion is another.
>>
>>381098578
>keeps shitposting like a paranoid teenager when called out
What's fun is that all of your shitposts won't make Zelda a bad game :)
>>
>>381096271
>it's not enough to make the game amazing.
yes it is :)
>>
>>381093140

lol fag
>>
>>wildlife is underdeveloped: some animals attack you but it never becomes a real fight

okay

>>weapon breakage is an extremely poor design choice
nah

I would give this game a 75-82
dude, come on, this is obviously 83 material for sure.
>>
File: 1458744802457.jpg (39KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1458744802457.jpg
39KB, 600x557px
>>381093140
>coming from games like dark souls 3 and bloodborne i was immensly dissapointed

For some reason this one got me.
>>
>>381093140
This game is a boring shitpile. I hate open world games in general, they like to pretend that wide open spaces with nothing in them somehow constitutes gameplay, but this one is especially heinous. The one part I was actually looking forward to the most, the dungeons, were the biggest disappointment, they were tiny and devoid of anything resembling fun or challenge, and fighting the same boss over and over at the end of each one was the icing on the shit cake. I actually like skyward sword more than this. I'm fucking done with Zelda.
>>
>>381093140
Some series fare well with "journalists". Certain series will always have good scores, and 3D Zeldas are one of them.

>>381093253
It's the recoil of the 100% uptime of seven consecutive 10/10 circlejerk threads until 1 month after launch.
>>
File: oldcontemptdude.jpg (152KB, 511x471px) Image search: [Google]
oldcontemptdude.jpg
152KB, 511x471px
Why does people bother with numeric qualifications at this point?

There's a huge agreement on the game being great, with plenty of valid points for claiming so, not only from users and reviewers but also from actual devs who understand the complexity of making games.

If you don't like the game enough at this point, it's because of your own personal, subjective itches. There's a great game you can't enjoy too much. Big deal.
>>
>>381099631
cool
>>
>>381099721
People talking about the game being shit while using regurgitated "criticisms" haven't played it.
>>381099664
>literally admitting to being a contrarian
Kill yourself.
>>
>>381099664
>It's the recoil of the 100% uptime of seven consecutive 10/10 circlejerk threads until 1 month after launch.

so, you're shitposting, got it.
>>
>>381093998
Retard alert.

I'll only address your last point since the rest is you just going "uhh actually, the opposite??" Weapon durability does not encourage you to use different weapons. It MAKES you use different weapons. big difference. There are also not a lot of different enough weapon types to even try out. There are sword (work the same as clubs), claymores, spears, wands, and boomerangs (which just melee the same as swords anyway)

There is no weapon variety so how could this system encourage variety? All weapons are easy to use and are efficient. You're just going to be recycling the same 3 weapons, except this time it looks different and last a bit longer! Good design choice! MAYBE if there were more weapon types you would have a better argument. But there aren't so you don't
>>
>>381099721
>If you don't like the game enough at this point, it's because of your own personal, subjective itches.
I'm sorry but what value does Breath of the Wild have that isn't entirely subjective? The game is very similar to other games and basically just combines them, so if you don't like the features from those games then you won't like the game.

In addition to that, Breath of the Wild lacks substance. Narrative-wise, it's shallow, it's mentally unstimulating, it offers nothing of value to the mind. Majora's Mask did this, but Breath of the Wild did not. How can you say Breath of the Wild is a "great game" when you have zero reason to even play it? Now that the hype has died down and it's effectively just any other game in history, why would I play it over Majora's Mask, knowing full well that Majora's Mask offers more substance such as philosophy and ludonarrative?
>>
>>381094281
>Thinking a 7 or 8 out of 10 means it's shit
>Retard brain can only understand ratings in relation to middle school grading system
>>
My only major complaints:

1) Shitty final boss. OoT final boss is still the best. Majora is pretty good too.

2) Lack of traditional dungeons. I don't mind not acquiring items in dungeons, but I do miss each dungeons looking, sounding and playing differently. All of the dungeons in this game looked the same and the had the same, "move the entire creature to shift rooms" mechanic. Plus there were only four.

Other than, more weapon and enemy variety would be nice I guess. I have no other issues at all.
>>
>>381099983
Uncharted 2, 96 on metacritic
>walking/climbing simulator segments
>worse shooting than CoD campaigns
>terrible controls
>bullet sponges
>awkward animations
>buggy AI
>2 weapon limit

Bioshock Infinte, 94 on metacritic
>all of the above
>+ bloated weapon pool
>+ 2deep4u story
>+ rehashed bosses

I just have standards. It's a genre I like, too, but some games get crazy high scores for no reason.

>>381100267
I'm not OP. I have never made a thread like this. Everyone has had the chance the game now, even PC fags, and it didn't meet their expectations all the threads prior gave them.
>>
I defend this game a lot, I bought a WiiU just to play it a release, and I still haven't beaten it. I'm bored to tears. I did the Zora and Rito divine beasts and it's just more and more of the same. Over 60 shrines so far and I'm fucking tired of them. All the sidequests are useless and I'm running past all enemies because there's no point fighting them. Idk I really wanted this to be my favorite game ever, but it's getting so boring I have to force myself into playing it. 3 months in and I can't find the motivation anymore.
>>
>>381101051
no, emulated is not the actual experience. People who've actually played the game like it a lot
>>
>>381101051
>muh standards
You know someone is autistic when they start talking about their "standards" for electronic toys.
>>
>>381101051
>UC2
>>worse shooting than CoD campaigns

what? no.
>>
File: itstinks.gif (2MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
itstinks.gif
2MB, 480x366px
>>381100796
>what value does Breath of the Wild have that isn't entirely subjective?
>The game is very similar to other games and basically just combines them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KujeR2NPUSQ

This is a very interesting video on Physics/chemistry in the game as well as other development details. It's a big fucking deal, but yeah it's still subjective determining how big of a deal it is.

On the other hand your subjective underappreciation of it is very niche and i'd be more sorry about not being able to enjoy it than angry about people having a great time.

>In addition to that, Breath of the Wild lacks substance. Narrative-wise,

Nobody fucking cares dude. It's not about that. Also i refuse to quote the rest of your pretentious rant about phylosophy and ludonarrative bullshit that you think is so essential for games to have.
>>
>>381100796
>The game is very similar to other games and basically just combines them,

wow nice non-argument my man.
>>
>>381101916
I don't think it's essential for games to have I just think that in the future, those will be the games that are remembered and valued in history as well as studied heavily. The only other type of game that will be studied heavily are the hardware/software accomplishments and good-game-design for multiplayer games, all of which don't apply to BotW because it's garry's mod.
>>381102016
I'm calling it derivative, you retard.
>>
>>381101685
I just played the game with a guide from the beginning. That is once I unlocked a new tower and region I looked where the shrines and the quests were. Then I did those. Finished the whole game in 60 hours and am perfectly happy with it.
>>
>>381101771
But playing on a Wii U or Switch doesn't fix all of the problems most people bring up.
And some people play on console for the first time now, maybe they couldn't find a Switch.
Point is, if people tell you that a game is amazing and it turns out to be good but not amazing, you'll want to discuss its flaws.
>>
File: 1476045620996.png (89KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1476045620996.png
89KB, 281x301px
>>381093140
>I don't think it really deserves a 97

Who are you and why do I care what arbitrary number you'd assign to a video game?
>>
>>381097025
>can go anywhere but will almost certainly get your ass stomped or frozen
>muh cool mechanics (didn't list any)
>>>durable weapons
>instead of giving you opportunities to repair or try new weapons a la something like the Fallout 3/New Vegas system, it forces you to break your good weapons in roughly thirty seconds so you can beat a boss or abandon a weapon because you need a hammer or a torch because fucking korok seeds are ridiculous
>fun monsters of four varieties and a few colors (speaking of, enemy scaling in this game is fucking ridiculous)
>fetch quests out the wazoo and the anti-suicide guy about as prestigious as the one graveyard guy in Pokemon Sun/Moon

Given, I've hardly had any problems with framerate or upgraded-Skyward Sword graphics, but all of that plus tedious, repetitive, and sometimes poorly designed shrines gets really grating, enough to take BotW from a 90+ score imo. At the very least I would've taken the explorable, big-ass dungeons in Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword.
>>
>>381093140
Anon, TLoU has a 95 Metacritic rating while God Hand has 73. Metacritic is meaningless.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (18KB, 260x384px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
18KB, 260x384px
>>381102164

>I don't think it's essential for games to have I just think that in the future, those will be the games that are remembered and valued in history as well as studied heavily. The only other type of game that will be studied heavily are the hardware/software accomplishments and good-game-design for multiplayer games, all of which don't apply to BotW because it's garry's mod.

>Boy sure mario64 had deep ludonarrative substance. No wonder why it's a historical masterpiece a this point.

You should drop videogames.
>>
File: CV1wpdJVAAAY8Hx.png (253KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
CV1wpdJVAAAY8Hx.png
253KB, 600x379px
>>381102643
>Thinking BotW is anywhere NEAR as impressive as Mario 64.
>>
File: 1275073717540.jpg (31KB, 498x323px) Image search: [Google]
1275073717540.jpg
31KB, 498x323px
>Weapons constantly breaking

Nioh devs were smart enough to remove this feature.Such are the benefits of open beta/alpha
>>
>>381102643
>The only other type of game that will be studied heavily are the hardware/software accomplishments
This is what Mario 64 falls under, but not only that, but because it's such a fucking godly game in itself.

Also don't even compare BotW to Mario 64.
>>
>>381102742

I don't. But his way of discerning masterpieces from mediocre games is extremely pleb.
>>
>>381102164
You'll be wrong, BotW is as influential as it gets, they even gave the industry a lesson on how to handle ludonarrative in open world games, as in, in a third place, optional and not overbearing.
You know nothing about video game development if you don't think that Zelda's "chemistry engine" will be a milestone for all open world games to come, people will ask to be able to burn grass for decades to come.
>>
it is a bit of a downer when more casual game players see botw as being a perfect game when there's obvious flaws everywhere.

still, the worldmap was amazing for exploration even though nintendo didn't properly fill it with content
>>
>>381095483
Barely, give it 1 year and it'll die out again
>>
>>381102164
>I'm calling it derivative, you retard.
It's still not an argument, memelord
>>
>>381102859

What about Oot. It was certainly just a software accomplishment, and its ludonarrative whatever was very tame, but games after it were not the same. You classification for masterpieces is still retarded man.
>>
>>381102379
>But playing on a Wii U or Switch doesn't fix all of the problems most people bring up.

Forgetting the fact that the hardware needed to run CEMU is expensive, playing on it just brings up more problems and glitches, so...
>>
>>381103241
>A game being derivative is good
go back to playing call of duty, battlefield, and halo buddy
>>
>>381103397
no, you just called it derivative, which is your opinion.

Go back to middle school, pls.
>>
All the people in these threads saying something like "I've played 200 hours" how do you know this? I dint have BotW but can't see anything that says my playtime in the interface like the (possibly) DS had.
>>
>>381103329
I don't care how many games rip it off or how popular it was at the time, that doesn't mean it's a game that's going to be remembered over others.

That being said OoT is the big sister to Majora's Mask, so of course it'll be remembered alongside.
>>
File: s.png (12KB, 645x355px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
12KB, 645x355px
>>381103470
Something being derivative is not subjective, anon.

It's a word that has an objective meaning, and stating that something is derivative is either true or false.
>>
>>381103517
Open up your profile, if you're playing on switch
>>
>>381103528

Claiming Oot will be remembered because of MM is pure, unadultered delusion.
>>
>>381103635
cool, but it's still not an argument
>>
>>381103528
You are aware that Majoras Mask is the less renowned of those two, right?
>>
>>381103772
no it isn't
>>
>>381103635
>muh authenticity
so you exclusively play Akalabeth and wolfenstein?
>>
File: laughs.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
>>381103838

Okay bud.
>>
>>381103772
OoT used to be more popular, but Majora's Mask is definitely more popular now than OoT ever was, mostly because the game has aged better and is loved by adults, manchildren and children, while OoT was only really loved by children and manchildren.
>>
>>381093140
>and especially zelda and ganon are not developed at all.
I'll give you Ganon but I think that was intentional. They mentioned just how many times this battle between a hero and Ganon has happened and that it has gotten to the point where Ganon has lost all humanity and become a creature of pure malice. It's like he's acting out of pure instinct at this point. I'm not saying it's a great excuse but they at least gave reason for it.

Zelda, however, was given some distinct development through the memories. She has been trying and failing to summon the goddesses' power and thus seeks an alternate failsafe plan in the Sheikah tech, something which her father stubbornly refuses and insists she focus on her spiritual training. Eventually, push comes to shove and she's able to manifest the power which she uses to sacrifice herself to keep Ganon sealed away (not literally giving up her life, of course, but she takes one for the team and is effectively sealed up with him) until the hero could return to help her finish the job with the Master Sword.
>>
>>381093140
You are probably right that it doesn't deserve a 97 (I didn't read the wall of text, it's probably asinine shit anyway), but I can't think of literally any game that has ever scored in the 95-100 range that did deserve it. Honestly people need to stop giving even a single diarrhea shit about game review scores, if you take them seriously you are a mouth breather, period.
>>
File: byebye.jpg (117KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
byebye.jpg
117KB, 680x680px
>>381103838
Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time but it's the Amnesiac to OoT's Kid A i mean jfc

can't find a 'this is bait' image on my computer so take this instead
>>
>>381093624
Dragons are not actual enemies you fight. Malice and cursed are not even proper enemies either, they're just fixtures that block shit off. You're really reaching if you try classify these as actual mobs.
>>
File: .png (40KB, 1163x595px) Image search: [Google]
.png
40KB, 1163x595px
>>381104036
>>381103838
no
>>
>>381093140
>I don't think it really deserves a 97
Yeah I guess I agree, it's a solid 95 for me desu.
>>
File: 1393468392653.jpg (27KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1393468392653.jpg
27KB, 512x368px
>>381103838
Imagine being this deluded. Guy probably thinks Bethesda is universally hated too
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.