[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will videogames start implementing current gen AI technology?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (363KB, 1085x421px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
363KB, 1085x421px
When will videogames start implementing current gen AI technology? Why have games in general been stagnant in regards to technology for the past 10 years or so?
>>
>>381089412

Because graphics sell over gameplay.
>>
>Le ai in games is bad
if it was good it would kill you Everytime and the game wouldn't be fun at all
>>
>>381089947
Not inherently true. If you set a stop limit on how intelligent it could be for gameplay balance then it can still wind up fun while still being challenging. Hell, just code an AI to mimic player behavior based off statistics and information of how players play across the world, upload that data into the cloud, and and analyze it to implement into the game. Would be neat and a unique idea, ensuring it's never "unfair" as it is just mimicing what other players do instead of getting so smart to the point it only exists to destroy the player through whatever means possible.

Most AI in games now-a-days just result into either retard tier "What was that noise?" baloney, or extremely unfair reading of button inputs so it knows exactly what to do to counter at all times with minimal coding possible.
>>
File: 1481359178131.jpg (32KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481359178131.jpg
32KB, 500x334px
>>381090324
>Enemy AI starts abusing glitches and hacking
>>
>>381090324
we're already at the limit of how good it should be. anything more would feel like cheating otherwise it would feel like a mutliplayer game where you die every 30 seconds
>be human ai
>hear gunshots
>camp around corner and get instant kill.
even shitty human players get some kills in games and devs don't want there players dying more that one every few hours.
>>
>>381089412
>When will videogames start implementing current gen AI technology?

Certainly not with current gen consoles.

AI is one of the things that's pretty CPU bound and these consoles are shit for that. They're based around being able to make the same shit slightly prettier, rather than actually doing anything interesting
>>
humans are meek,, oh look this ai created its own terminology,, like humans don't do the same i swear the brightest and smartest are tryin kill the rest of us off. they're in our social media they're in our banks, they're in our private information, we are dead.
>>
>>381091343
this is the truth unfortunately, consoles hold back decent AI
besides the state of the gaming industry is moving away from single player and into multiplayer only + loot crates + fullprice
>>
SEAMAN
>>
>>381089412
I am ready for my new AI masters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VYo0GE5DU
>>
File: fARN2E6.png (142KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fARN2E6.png
142KB, 640x480px
>AI learns how to do frame perfect animation cancels and stun locks you
>>
most of what the big five are doing in ai relies on having a ton of data and a large stable of gpus to build the model. that's probably not feasible before launch unless you did something truly novel
>>
could an AI be as good at Super Mario 64 as pannenkoek2012?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.